Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? (8709 Views)

NYSC Allowance For All States In Nigeria / List Of NYSC Allowance For States In Nigeria / NYSC Allowance For States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by cypherz: 8:05am On Jun 09, 2012
I'm a Batch A corper and still no allowance for April or May. Its odd that after weeks of waiting for the FG to release allowance to corpers, it was finally released;1 wk, 2wks now 3wks and still some corpers with Banks like Sterling Bank, Mainstreet Bank, FBN are still hustling to get paid.

I'm with Sterling Bank. After waiting for 2wks I went to my Branch and was told only the first 22 out of 79 corpers were paid. I was number 17 and wasn't. Yesterday I heard some people say that the banks want corpers to activate their accounts by paying into it first which is ridiculous cos it a Corper not personal account.

I have written complaints to LGI but honestly I'm gettin tired (angry).

Is anyone in d same predicament? Or has yours been resolved. Pls share and let me know cos even my PPA (Ministry at Alausa) haven't paid 10k May's allowance and everyone demands you come to work/attend CDS.

Sorry for all my ranting. I'm pissed

1 Like

Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by begwong: 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2012
Eyyah! sorry ooo!
may be its been paid online from the bank that NYSC maintains its main account.Corpers that maintain accounts with such bank are given preferential treatment b4 those from other banks.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by guy1234: 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
Am actually a batch B corper,av nt received april and may too.Went to meet my LGI,she said its because I redeployed.av always been gettin paid,neva had a prb with it once.the funny thing is dat many redeployed corper friends of mine hv received theirs.I was told to chill till after our POP (14th of june) then I shld apply.am actually more pissed dan u cos I don't receive anytin from ma ppa.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by kheart(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
Some banks ve turn into an arm robbery institutions e.g intercontinental/access bank.

2 Likes

Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by philip0906(m): 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2012
eya. . .2015 dem go still use corpers rig election.sick country
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by wandeay: 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2012
are they avoiding merging @ the expense of customers money? Corruption is now a virus, transmiting frm 1 institution 2 d other
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by mreldon(m): 1:28pm On Jun 09, 2012
I wish I cud tell u to take heart but that will just be like adding pepper and salt to injury. its an age old tradition for corp members allowances to be delayed. It all boils down to d fact that our govt does not care about us citizens d way they claim to when seeking our mandate thru votes. We keep saying treat us better and instead of heeding to our cries they punish us more starting with the youth whom they give peanuts and still can't fulfill their obligation by paying these peanuts as at when due. Pls stay home when u don't have money to transport urself to ur PPA or CDS, find a little biz to do to tide u till u finish the damned compulsory service that they have chosen not to review. As far as I'm concerned NYSC is a waste of valuable time if all the corp members are not accorded the same level of benefits. Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by dinobablues: 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2012
Datz so so disgusting. I pray they get those issues (unpaid allowee) resolved soonest. But pls any advice for we the prospective batch B corp members?

1 Like

Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by Ozegbe(m): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2012
well GTB has never failed me.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by urchonox: 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2012
For the prospective corp members, please i beg you dont bank with any BANK that the structure has been faulty (All those banks that were bought over by either th FG or individual banks,bc till now some of these bought over banks are still having issues trying to be integrated into CMS(Corperate management systems)
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by 1Dray(m): 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
I must tell you that Access bank is the 'sickest' when it comes to paying NYSC allowie. They suck big time, dont accept to bank wt them if u want ur allowie paid when other banks are paying.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by kasperone8: 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2012
begwong: Eyyah! sorry ooo!
may be its been paid online from the bank that NYSC maintains its main account.Corpers that maintain accounts with such bank are given preferential treatment b4 those from other banks.

So it will take three weeks for transfer to be made from one bank to another shocked
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by jackima: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2012
OLD BOY TAKE AM EASY!WHEN IS PAID IT WILL COME DOUBLE & U GO ENJOY AM.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by ebonyfades: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2012
First Bank has never failed me I have been paid my April and May allowee. Was paid my May allowee on the 30th of May 2012...
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by mcnepow(m): 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
dinobablues: pls any advice for we the prospective batch B corp members?
Serve as close as possible to ur father's house (don't ask me how to achieve this) so that wen u don't receive ur alawi u won't die of hunger #NotJoking

urchonox:
For the prospective corp members, please i beg you dont bank with any BANK that the structure has been faultym
If I can remember, corpers don't have the luxury to choose who to bank wif.

1 Like

Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by 2sign: 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2012
bank with zenith and it's d same 4 me,mine is since january thou i redeployed,but i've bin doin mi clearance since march.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by mcnepow(m): 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2012
2sign: bank with zenith and it's d same 4 me,mine is since january thou i redeployed,but i've bin doin mi clearance since march.
U are in one hellaf a deep shyte cos I guess u redeployd cins January, 'floated' til march b4 starting ur clearance.
Apply for ur arrears n Expect to be called to face disciplinary committee before d end of ur service year - no fear, no be big deal sha. Just pray make una plenty wey go face panel that way d purnishment won't be severe cool *dont ask how I knew all these.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by anishe(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
Work Now, Get paid Later. UP NYSC
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by ugo41babe(m): 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2012
ebonyfades: First Bank has never failed me I have been paid my April and May allowee. Was paid my May allowee on the 30th of May 2012...
same with me. I have been paid May since by Access bank
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by bright007(f): 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2012
kheart: Some banks ve turn into an arm robbery institutions e.g intercontinental/access bank.
seconded
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by Onyenna(m): 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2012
u guys are really scaring me ... I pray they don't post me too far from home... Aaaaahh!!!!!!
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by 2sign: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2012
@mcnepow,yeah i redeployed since january but was rejected at my 1st place of primary assignment and had 2 look 4 d place i am with now.just submited my leta on thursday with my rejectn and postin leta attached.hope dy pay me on time.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by abbeyfx2(m): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2012
Ogun state(abeokuta) is the worst place to serve tht I know of. The formal Z.I pays corpers #19,600 instead of 19,800. As if that aint bad enough...all redeployed corpers to the state have not been paid a dime since they redeployed. I redeployed frm adamawa since feb and I don dey do clearance since march and not earned kobo since feb and we are expected to go around doing all that is expected of us.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by mcnepow(m): 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2012
Onyenna: u guys are really scaring me ... I pray they don't post me too far from home... Aaaaahh!!!!!!
Stop peeing in yo pants man. . . tongue

U dey here dey cry, yo mates dey hustle dey post themselves cool
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by dasparrow: 7:53pm On Jun 09, 2012
Its sad that they are taking so long to pay these corpers. If the government cannot pay them on time each month, then maybe they should scrap NYSC altogether. This is becoming very shameful.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by chelsy1(f): 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2012
@OP...call the help line and lay ur complaints,the fault could be from the sectariat cos i havnt received mine too but i called the number only to discover that they paid into a non-existing account but i ve corrected it and applied as well...still expecting bank alert!!!
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by 9zeros(m): 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2012
dasparrow: Its sad that they are taking so long to pay these corpers. If the government cannot pay them on time each month, then maybe they should scrap NYSC altogether. This is becoming very shameful.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by vivy4ver: 12:00am On Jun 10, 2012
I ve nt receive my april & may alwee also,was told 2 chill @ d LCG.I also use sterling bank too bt,dey did nt ask me 2 activate my account.Let us just be patience & prayerful,d most annoying tin is dat am nt paid @ my PPA.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by murphyrichy(m): 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2012
It seems that ΰ are a̶̲̥̅̊ Lagos corper, I am a̶̲̥̅̊ Batch B corp member passing out on 14th june,
I will strongly advise ¥♡̨̐υ̲̣̥ to follow it up at the secretariat(surulere), after ΰ must have apply through your ZI, that's if ΰ are sure ΰ did clearance for those months. The same thing happened to me, I must tell ΰ ♍γ̲ friend, it took them 4months to resolved the issue, As a̶̲̥̅̊ corper ΰ knw Wǡǂ dat means, I just thank GOD that they finally paid it, keep the morale high,Eko kopa.
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by cypherz: 6:24pm On Jun 10, 2012
Honestly, I can't wait to pass out from this scheme
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by guy1234: 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2012
chel-sy:
@OP...call the help line and lay ur complaints,the fault could be from the sectariat cos i havnt received mine too but i called the number only to discover that they paid into a non-existing account but i ve corrected it and applied as well...still expecting bank alert!!!
[color=#000099][/color] @@@@@@ Please what is the help-line,cos I need to place a call ASAP
Re: Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? by cypherz: 9:21am On Jun 23, 2012
On the 12th day of June I got paid and received no alert from the bank hence I was unaware till the 20th when I casually went to check at a Sterling Bank branch but wait... I was paid for May, April still outstanding. Wrote a letter to the LG but haven't seen the man in charge for ages (apparently, he comes to work irregularly). Went to NYSC secretariet @ Census, Babs Animashaun and was reffered back to the LG. Coincidentally I met a gal there complaining about allowance from the same Sterling Bank. The accountant said we were supposed to activate (pay money into the acc) as Sterling rejected and returned most of the money sent to unactivated accounts.

Is it just me or is Sterling a tad psycho. Its Corper's account aka Allawi account so why would I have to activate it?

Plus did I mention they subtracted N500 for @#*'"/ (that's what the customer care lady said cos I honestly didn't understand what she was saying) and N50 mandatory fee, this she said ws done to all Army, Police and Corp members with the bank. Are u kidding me? *sighs* can't wait for February to be done with this scheme. In the mean time imma chase that LG guy and I best see him before I infiltrate his dreams

(1) (2) (Reply)

A thread for corpers posted to Enugu / Suggest Possible Changes To The NYSC Kit / Batch C14 Posted Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.