Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 (928357 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by DrDre1(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
ugsams:

I don't have anything mid/high yet, but i'm optimistic i will. work has been mean just as its name implies... lol. The weather isn't friendly at all. However, on the fall of oil price this people seems to have a shield against that and thrives more than every other region as they are still acquiring new rigs, recruiting and expanding. I believe Qatar will be similar. How is life at your end?
Wish U the very best with the status thing. As for the weather, thank GOD the humidity levels are dropping gradually. I understand ur point on work. I was telling my cousin just yesterday how I felt about my current job. Some jobs would make u feel like u have been kidnapped. The rich gulf nations are not really feeling the heat. They've saved billions over the years to absorb these kind of plunge for quite a long time. Wish we could say the same for Nigeria sad . Life is ok... always pushing for better deals out there as u know wink
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by DrDre1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
Taiwotasungo:

Hello bro are you saying the heat there high pass Kano? shocked
Funny you asked the same thing. My brother said exactly the same thing until he arrived about a week ago. He knows better now grin grin
Visit some deep parts of the north east to have an idea of the heat here wink

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by DrDre1(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
samhay:
Anybody taking the safety course online or u av some knowledge abt it should plz signify I gat some questions
smithsydny:
am tryin to run dat online course even bt dnt knw hw to go abt it.

Which online safety courses are u trying to get help for sirs?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by DrDre1(m): 12:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
hustla:

Can Primavera be used in IT?

Been following this thread for some time and I am enroute a career path in IT with a deviation from Mass Communication, so i can take up IT jobs as well as customer service related jobs (was with Airtel Customer Care before leaving to take up courses in IT in India)
That being said , I i think you did mention the ease of getting jobs in IT and or Customer service (although I think having a good knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage); kindly expatiate on that

Kindly expatiate
Yes and no. Yes in a general sense of what the software can be used for in themes of software development or other I.T stuffs like that. No because in these parts, the demand is more related to the construction industry. As for the IT/customer service job part of ur post, I think u are mixing my comments up with comments by people based in the U.A.E
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
DrDre1:

Which online safety courses are u trying to get help for sirs?
health nd safety
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by DrDre1(m): 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
smithsydny:
health nd safety
I know it's health and safety. Be more specific... website link precisely
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by DrDre1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2015
BrTune:
Has anyone been able to exchange naira for qatari rials in qatar before? If Yes, Where.

And is there anyway I can request my bank to Increase my spending limit?
Buy an envelope and keep the naira notes inside. grin
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
DrDre1:

I know it's health and safety. Be more specific... website link precisely
broda plz if u have any jst link us. Dats y we asked. Thnks man
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by DrDre1(m): 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
smithsydny:
broda plz if u have any jst link us. Dats y we asked. Thnks man
I believe u are new here sir. Ur posts 'sounded' like there was a specific part/website u needed help with. That was why I asked what u needed help with. That said, u can read back on my posts to get the information u need on how to go about it.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by hustla(m): 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2015
DrDre1:

Yes and no. Yes in a general sense of what the software can be used for in themes of software development or other I.T stuffs like that. No because in these parts, the demand is more related to the construction industry. As for the IT/customer service job part of ur post, I think u are mixing my comments up with comments by people based in the U.A.E

Okay bro
Are you not based in UAE?

I was just trying to ask 2 different questions in one post

Thank you
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 05, 2015
DrDre1:

I believe u are new here sir. Ur posts 'sounded' like there was a specific part/website u needed help with. That was why I asked what u needed help with. That said, u can read back on my posts to get the information u need on how to go about it.
am not new here bro! I got a site actually but they were way too high in prices so trying to look for a t least an affordable one..u get?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by tojahh(m): 12:27am On Sep 06, 2015
A friend of mine in UAE wants to help me procure a visa (work) but the cost looks too outrageous to me compared to what I've been reading here.

He said... 8000 Dirhams. He works as an event security and a mini-van driver there (na so he tell me o). Am thinking if its better I DIMyself which will be cheaper but I fear accommodation, because he promise me acc. But I have an HND in comp sc and CISCO certified in Network Administration, 2 yrs work experience as an IT support with a first generation Bank here in Naija.

What are my chances bros and Madam?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 2:07am On Sep 06, 2015
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 2:44am On Sep 06, 2015
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 2:46am On Sep 06, 2015
Just comin from an atm point now. I no c any menu for dollar recharge. Am lost here o @justi @monchou @natty, kindly lead me tru.

I saw somtin like dis from som1.

I just need help to get dis done for d 1st tym.

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by nattybanta(m): 4:06am On Sep 06, 2015
samhay:
Just comin from an atm point now. I no c any menu for dollar recharge. Am lost here o @justi @monchou @natty, kindly lead me tru.
I didn't say u should go to the atm. On the app, u would see buy credit then follow the procedures for buying airtime on the app.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 5:49am On Sep 06, 2015
nattybanta:
I didn't say u should go to the atm. On the app, u would see buy credit then follow the procedures for buying airtime on the app.

Sorry bro. I guess mistake is allowed being 1st tym
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by 40manlappy: 7:03am On Sep 06, 2015
@justi4jesu, justwise, other gurus in the house....

I was glancing through the previous thread (part 1) before I came across this one.

My family is planning to go for vacation in Dubai in 2 months time and would like your advice.

We have been visiting Wakanow, Emirates and Etihad websites but here is a dilemma: we were able to "book" for flight tickets, hotel and visa easily on Wakanow but we found it difficult navigating on the websites two aforementioned airlines apart from tickets.

I am of the opinion that booking directly (tickets, hotel and visa) through the airlines could be cheaper but my wife suggests that we stick to Wakanow. What are your practical experiences? How can we successfully book visa and hotel on the airlines' websites apart from tickets?

We are looking at November and would prefer an hotel apartment that would allow us take care of our meals apart from breakfast. Also, is it cheaper to book now? When is the ideal time to book? A friend said that airline tickets are cheaper on Tuesday nights but we are waiting to find out. We are a family of 4.

Would appreciate a quick response. Thank you.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 7:15am On Sep 06, 2015
nattybanta:
use ur atm card to buy credit in it $5, $10, $20 or more. They would charge u $0.04 per minute to call Nigeria which is about N9.

There is no option for $5 or $20 on the App, the minimum one can buy is $10 and you cannot buy directly from the App installed on your phone. You have to go via the site itself.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 7:21am On Sep 06, 2015
samhay:

Follow these steps because you have been doing everything wrong.

After installing the App on your mobile.

1. Go to Nairacalls.com

2. Log in with you username and Password you used in registering on the App.

3. Click on Buy Credit, Minimum credit you can buy is $10 and the Maximum you can buy is $25. Only these Denominations are available.

4. I buy with my Emirates Paypal account so I think your Nigeria master card should suffice.

5. After your payment has been deducted from your account and you will receive a mail confirming your payment.

6. Refresh the App and you will see the amount you have bought and you can start making calls. Like i said I use $1 to make 20minutes Call to Nigeria but you need Internet to make any call from your App. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 7:26am On Sep 06, 2015
justi4jesu:

Follow these steps because you have been doing everything wrong.

After installing the App on your mobile.

1. Go to Nairacalls.com

2. Log in with you username and Password you used in registering on the App.

3. Click on Buy Credit, Minimum credit you can buy is $10 and the Maximum you can buy is $25. Only these Denominations are available.

4. I buy with my Emirates Paypal account so I think your Nigeria master card should suffice.

5. After your payment has been deducted from your account and you will receive a mail confirming your payment.

6. Refresh the App and you will see the amount you have bought and you can start making calls. Like i said I use $1 to make 20minutes Call to Nigeria but you need Internet to make any call from your App. Goodluck

Thanks alot. Will try dat now
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 7:30am On Sep 06, 2015
Just paid now. Yet to gt an alert for deduction. is dia a way to check balance, cos I cnt see refresh here.

Update

Seen. Cnt wit to gt home, connect to wifi and call.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 9:05am On Sep 06, 2015
@nattybanta, plz aw did u check d status of my visa d oda day. I will need dat, and I Dnt wanna b disturbing u and some tyms I might need it urgently and u wnt b online.

Guess u remember

'You are good to go, book ur one way ticket and never comebk to 9ja '
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by nattybanta(m): 10:17am On Sep 06, 2015
samhay:
@nattybanta, plz aw did u check d status of my visa d oda day. I will need dat, and I Dnt wanna b disturbing u and some tyms I might need it urgently and u wnt b online.

Guess u remember

'You are good to go, book ur one way ticket and never comebk to 9ja '
hehehehhehe. Use. http://ednrd.ae/portal/pls/portal/INIMM_DB.DBPK_VISAVALIDITY.Query_VisaValidity

4 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 10:25am On Sep 06, 2015
samhay:
Just paid now. Yet to gt an alert for deduction. is dia a way to check balance, cos I cnt see refresh here.

Update

Seen. Cnt wit to gt home, connect to wifi and call.

Just check the App on your phone, your balance will be added automatically.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by nattybanta(m): 10:33am On Sep 06, 2015
justi4jesu:

There is no option for $5 or $20 on the App, the minimum one can buy is $10 and you cannot buy directly from the App installed on your phone. You have to go via the site itself.
sorry for the mix up. The two voip I use I pay either directly from my atm card or PayPal so I tot it's same.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2015
40manlappy:
@justi4jesu, justwise, other gurus in the house....

I was glancing through the previous thread (part 1) before I came across this one.

My family is planning to go for vacation in Dubai in 2 months time and would like your advice.

We have been visiting Wakanow, Emirates and Etihad websites but here is a dilemma: we were able to "book" for flight tickets, hotel and visa easily on Wakanow but we found it difficult navigating on the websites two aforementioned airlines apart from tickets.

I am of the opinion that booking directly (tickets, hotel and visa) through the airlines could be cheaper but my wife suggests that we stick to Wakanow. What are your practical experiences? How can we successfully book visa and hotel on the airlines' websites apart from tickets?

We are looking at November and would prefer an hotel apartment that would allow us take care of our meals apart from breakfast. Also, is it cheaper to book now? When is the ideal time to book? A friend said that airline tickets are cheaper on Tuesday nights but we are waiting to find out. We are a family of 4.

Would appreciate a quick response. Thank you.

Wakanow bookings are mostly cheaper than direct airline booking because they are given discounts already by Emirates/Etihad and they also have last minute deals. So I advice you go with wakanow if its convenient for you and your family. You can get the best booking advice from Wakanow customer service agents, they should know better in that aspect but I also know tickets are less expensive when you book in advance. Qatar is cheaper than Emirates and its cool,

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2015
Important Update:
“ Fresh applications for UAE visa will not be processed until further notice due to technical issue .” just got this on Qatar website... but didn't see any visit visa there just tourist visa..justi oya
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by tojahh(m): 11:18am On Sep 06, 2015
abeg nobody don chook mouth for my mata.
Natty, sam, justi, justwise, moucho... Abeg do the needful.

Respect.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 11:21am On Sep 06, 2015
tojahh:
A friend of mine in UAE wants to help me procure a visa (work) but the cost looks too outrageous to me compared to what I've been reading here.

He said... 8000 Dirhams. He works as an event security and a mini-van driver there (na so he tell me o). Am thinking if its better I DIMyself which will be cheaper but I fear accommodation, because he promise me acc. But I have an HND in comp sc and CISCO certified in Network Administration, 2 yrs work experience as an IT support with a first generation Bank here in Naija.

What are my chances bros and Madam?

You answered it already, do it yourself and go search for the jobs yourself......Than loosing 8000 Dirhams to that friend.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by tojahh(m): 11:31am On Sep 06, 2015
justi4jesu:

You answered it already, do it yourself and go search for the jobs yourself......Than loosing 8000 Dirhams to that friend.

Alright thanks... But first I'll have to go verify/authenticate my result with the UAE Embassy in Naija. But no vex o, I want to ask, the result I have is a statement as the original certificate is not out. Is it advisable to go with that? And I don laminate my SSCE result too.

Will I go with my NYSC discharge certificate too?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 11:49am On Sep 06, 2015
tojahh:

Alright thanks... But first I'll have to go verify/authenticate my result with the UAE Embassy in Naija. But no vex o, I want to ask, the result I have is a statement as the original certificate is not out. Is it advisable to go with that? And I don laminate my SSCE result too.

Will I go with my NYSC discharge certificate too?

Just go with the statement and confirm there at the Ministry if it can be done, as for your laminated SSCE result no worries, some went with laminated certificates and It wasn't an issue, they can sort it out themselves. No need to go with your discharge certificate because its irrelevant over here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (502)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.