Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,873 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence - Jokes Etc (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence (6346 Views)

How Your Security Pattern Looks When You Use Your Entire Salary To Buy Phone / Four Nigerian Songs You Have Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life! / 20 Hilarious Pics That Will Make Your Weekend Fun.(updated) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 11:12pm On Jul 24, 2015
Zedric:
Wait, tell me you are joking. You opened this thread so you should know just how expansive the universe is (and some physicists are hinting at the possibility if a multiverse). So will you seriously say a Supreme entity built all if that just because of humans? Please
As an Astrophysicist, I believe God exists and it's safe to say he created the unexplored universe though speculations arises as to "WHY". Why the many planets, stars, galaxies and all? Are they at all in some way relevant for human survival? Or is science trying so hard to make us re-evaluate our existence by denying God's existence in turn?
Guess we'll never know.
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Macmilla(m): 11:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Michaeljnr225:
Here’s one of the galaxies pictured, UDF 423.
This galaxy is 10 BILLION light years away. When
you look at this picture, you are looking billions
of years into the past.
(Some of the other galaxies are thought to have formed only
a few hundred million years AFTER the Big Bang).
I'm very sure we can't travel at the speed of light, yet it will take light some 10 billion years to get to this galaxy. So I ask, how was this picture taken?
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Macmilla(m): 11:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
Zedric:
Wait, tell me you are joking. You opened this thread so you should know just how expansive the universe is (and some physicists are hinting at the possibility if a multiverse). So will you seriously say a Supreme entity built all if that just because of humans? Please
undecided The Solar system would have been enough to sustain earth. Why all that?

Food for thought.
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 6:24am On Jul 25, 2015
Macmilla:

I'm very sure we can't travel at the speed of light, yet it will take light some 10 billion years to get to this galaxy. So I ask, how was this picture taken?
You're absolutely right, any images of the Milky Way that
show an outside view or the spiral shape are computer
generated by an artist, based on the measured positions of
all the stars in our Galaxy. Our farthest spacecraft has barely
left the influence of he sun, much less traveled outside the
galactic plane.
However, images that show the Milky Way from edge-on
such as these are likely real because that's how we see our
galaxy from Earth. It's also what you'll see if you go outside
in a place with very little light pollution (though probably not
that defined or colored since our eyes aren't as good as our
cameras). Think of it this way; you can take a picture of a barrel from inside it, cant you?
And by analyzing that picture you can even extrapolate how
the barrel looks from outside. grin
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 6:54am On Jul 25, 2015
Macmilla:

undecided The Solar system would have been enough to sustain earth. Why all that?

Food for thought.
Here are my analysis (though they just maybe slightly incorrect)
As u may/may not already know, the Earth as do the 9 planets are all held in place by the Sun's gravitational field. Now do u think the Earth would have been able to survive this long without the other planets aiding in some way? Take for instance the planet Jupiter. With its enormous size and gravitational pull attracts meteors, comets, asteroids and all to itself and even at times deflect them into deep space, reducing the number of impact Earth has to take. Meh I could go on, just feeling too lazy to type embarassed
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 25, 2015
Michaeljnr225:

As an Astrophysicist, I believe God exists and it's safe to say he created the unexplored universe though speculations arises as to "WHY". Why the many planets, stars, galaxies and all? Are they at all in some way relevant for human survival? Or is science trying so hard to make us re-evaluate our existence by denying God's existence in turn?
Guess we'll never know.
I guess the masses will never know. You can't tell me some people on earth don't have concrete evidence
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 25, 2015
Macmilla:

Food for thought.
Thank you. That's what I've saying
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by windud: 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
TOO NICE
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Stanbeto: 11:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
Men this scary
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 30, 2016
Could the OP please give me a very comprehensive explanation of the Milky Way Galaxy. I've Googled it but still don't understand it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Engineer Day Quotes Image Messages Wallpaper SMS Wishes 2015 / 30 Funny Memes By Naija Students After Exams / Nigerian Comedians Based In The Usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.