Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,024 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates (25161 Views)

UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees / Nigerian Man Graduates From A US University With 2 Degrees In 4 Years. Photos / NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by Curvinus(m): 8:42am On Jul 24, 2015
NUC spitting their meaningless dummy as if they are employing anybody nowadays.

You haven't given jobs to the hordes of regular students who are roaming the streets uemployed and you are here crying over online education. Talk about misplaced priorities.

And since when did employers start sending certificates of their workers to NUC for approval?

The way I see it is NUC should rather focus on sanitizing the nation's institutions of higher learning and ridding it of all unwholesome practises, rather than dissipating energy on matters it has little or no grasp about.

1 Like

Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 24, 2015
Confused government.... nna na wa o... wetin person no go hear sef... how can u ban online degrees?? well....
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by free2ryhme: 8:43am On Jul 24, 2015
seyiogunjuyigbe:

http://www.punchng.com/news/nuc-bans-online-degrees-abacha-varsity-certificates/

Government can't legislate about who to employ as it has no jobs to give. It is the employer's choice to employ whoever. Some of the foreigners that come here to work as consultants do not have university degrees

1 Like

Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by ElekeNtioba: 8:43am On Jul 24, 2015
ryusufu:
may be it's gonna b ojukwu

What of Mahmud the pedophile a.k.a prophet of the moon god??
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by Ojim07(m): 8:44am On Jul 24, 2015
This country z fucking frustrating...jux pulling pple back....imagining

1 Like

Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by wkkwl: 8:45am On Jul 24, 2015
This country is so f****d up i have been hearing it,am just seeing it now.....
How will your citizens not go abroad and leave their cursed country and their leaders....who keep smoking w**d before they come to work,after smoking they get up and make any law they want because they know their children are not in Nigeria.

We the youths need to wake up and stop our leaders from throwing whatever the like in our faces,the last time i checked we are in the 21st century,

One day NCC will wake up and say they have Banned the use of internet services in Nigeria.......
Our country is so so failed.

3 Likes

Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by horlanray(m): 8:48am On Jul 24, 2015
Nice movement by NUC in standardizing our education and improving in term of employment status..
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by logica(m): 8:50am On Jul 24, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
How did the name of a dictator wife end up in the name of an institution. Is it that Nigeria or northern nigeria has run out of worthy leaders. Who's next....Shekau?
The university is not located in Nigeria; it is in Niger Republic which has been said to be where her husband really comes from anyway. grin
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by hareskay(m): 8:53am On Jul 24, 2015
In dis days when ICT has helped turn d world into a "global village," dis nonsense academic body now denounces online education. Rather than promoting it and also making it berra

1 Like

Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by Afolabi78: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2015
This Prof Must Be Old School Prof. When I Can Receive Lecture From Harvard Prof Online, Have The Video Of The Lecture And Replay It At My Leiture Time, And This One Is Saying That They Should Ban Online Degree, How Many Of Our Lecturer Is Better Than Those Lecturer In Harvard, This Prof Must Be A Fool.

3 Likes

Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by wkkwl: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2015
horlanray:
Nice movement by NUC in standardizing our education and improving in term of employment status..

Standardizing rubbish....your cerfticates here cant even get you job abroad

1 Like

Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 24, 2015
ndidibabe:
It's only in Africa that we hear this kind of news. Are we better that the UK and US? Online education allows people to further their education while working. No big deal..
Don't mind them they don't have better things to do.
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by maestroz: 9:05am On Jul 24, 2015
UEDIBO:
what is your business with NOUN? you dey mad?

you must have graduated from open university. it's obvious in your character
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by adedayourt(m): 9:14am On Jul 24, 2015
NUC is talking rubbishh at its height. Instead of concentrating on given credit to the education system they are busy bad mouthing other ones, sincerlt speaking given the choice i ll rather do an online programm with Manchester School of Biz rather dan doin full time with any nig uni.

IF THEY CONCENTRATE ON MAKING EDUCATION SYSTEM CREDIBLE IN NIG FOREIGNERS LL COME TO NIG ND AV THIER CERT.
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by zinzane: 9:15am On Jul 24, 2015
These government officials will just wake up and take decisions without thinking through. Banning online degree is ignorance taken too far. Well, na to finish my course move out of this God forsaken Country.
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by UEDIBO: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2015
maestroz:

you must have graduated from open university. it's obvious in your character
watin concern u but now now am in mexico with the same result.
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by adedayourt(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2015
wkkwl:
This country is so f****d up i have been hearing it,am just seeing it now.....
How will your citizens not go abroad and leave their cursed country and their leaders....who keep smoking w**d before they come to work,after smoking they get up and make any law they want because they know their children are not in Nigeria.

We the youths need to wake up and stop our leaders from throwing whatever the like in our faces,the last time i checked we are in the 21st century,

One day NCC will wake up and say they have Banned the use of internet services in Nigeria.......
Our country is so so failed.

dat one wey NUC talk na poo from pregnant pig.
the truth still remains dat a reputable org will giv prefrence to online cert frm Liverpool uni dan any cert frm a nig uni.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by bigiyaro(m): 9:21am On Jul 24, 2015
in dis computer age,bannin online degree is bull shite
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by Eazydeek(m): 9:22am On Jul 24, 2015
ndidibabe:
It's only in Africa that we hear this kind of news. Are we better that the UK and US? Online education allows people to further their education while working. No big deal..

Most of them are scams !!! Shut up
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by shugar25: 9:24am On Jul 24, 2015
philfrey08:
Rubbbissh....

People discrediting online degrees esp genuine ones don't know what they r saying.... They are very good, very educating and the best for a distant learning.

Whats the point? Why not ban distance learning programs in Nigeria.

They should just focus on making better our education system in Nigeria so that we can at least make 999th position.

The rationale behind this nonsense is the fact that most people would prefer these programs than going to real lectures in Nigerian universities to face wicked, sadist lecturers and a harsh condition.

I have 5 certifications online.... wonderful skills acquired. I have never been this happy with learning. Oyibo sabi!!!!!

Make we move forward o Nigeria!!!!! Haba!

Any online degree awarding sites/links pls.......
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by wkkwl: 9:24am On Jul 24, 2015
you dey sell pure water abi

Most of them are scams !!! Shut up[/quote]
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by kaycome: 9:30am On Jul 24, 2015
UEDIBO:
watin concern u but now now am in mexico with the same result.

Sorry to ask you a question Oga. Is this the way you behave and talk in ur mexico?

1 Like

Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by sylve11: 9:30am On Jul 24, 2015
philfrey08:

The rationale behind this nonsense is the fact that most people would prefer these programs than going to real lectures in Nigerian universities to face wicked, sadist lecturers and a harsh condition. !

grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by IYANGBALI: 9:31am On Jul 24, 2015
They have finished vickyrotex patapata
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by philfrey08: 9:35am On Jul 24, 2015
shugar25:

Any online degree awarding sites/links pls.......

I study online @ www.coursera.com

1 Like

Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by flowjoe: 9:39am On Jul 24, 2015
elobyobi:
In 2015, Banning online degrees, instead of REGULATING them, is just plain backwardness. Datsall.
#word
Abeg let 'em not scrap NOUN undecided
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by Afolabi78: 9:46am On Jul 24, 2015
Eazydeek:

Most of them are scams !!! Shut up
You Are Displaying. Ignorant, He That Didn't Know And He Know That He Didn't Know And He Did Not Want To Know, Leaving Alone Is Fool Forever, He That Didn't Know And He Know That He Did Not Know And He Want To Know. Teach Him He Will Great In Life. You Can Search For Mit On Net Discover What Made Online Degree To Be Good, How To Upgrade Yourself On Any Course With Best Lecturer And Prof And Best Universities In World Leave All Old School Prof And Lecturer In Nigeria.
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by emezieokonkwo: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2015
ndidibabe:
Here is Naija not UK or us. The move is correct.
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by unitysheart(m): 9:50am On Jul 24, 2015
boboLIL:
Gud m0ve... Fraud 2 much

I pity you. You are sure living in the stone age.
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by ArodewilliamsT: 9:55am On Jul 24, 2015
sapien:
Nigeria- A very backward country! Banning online degree in 2015? Giant of Africa indeed. What happens to regulation?

The archaic leaders are dragging this country backwards. The law is silent on online degrees so it can not be illegal. Everyone has the right to seek any form of education, didactic or online. We need to clear off these 12th century leaders, it's time for the new generation. I dare NUC to declare the National Open university illegal.
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by flowjoe: 10:05am On Jul 24, 2015
Peybuttons come & see ohh
Re: NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates by klemony: 10:10am On Jul 24, 2015
Well,I think outright ban of online degrees is not too good by nuc. What they could have done is to regulate.i understand our youths nowadays are very eager to gain admission into conventional institutions and they don't want to stay at home for long writing jamb and waec or neco.they want to impress their peers,parents and society that they are now in high institutions without paying the price by studying very hard and been focus in trying to achieve that aim. Well,it's cool gaining admission to school so early but you have to pay the price for it.some of our parent procure admission for their children via online degree and foreign institutions because their wards are too lazy to study and pass this qualifying exams. Although,our universities mostly federal ones still have the quality professors and Dr's but the fraud in our educational system is to bad.some lecturers will want you to pay huge amount of money to have good grades in their exams or until you cram and repeat all their notes in class during exam or female students sleeping with them for the same purpose or paying huge amount of money to get a good classes of honors to graduate with.also,our educational curriculum are too outdated.our lecturers uses old syllabus,crude methods in teaching and learning. Not all online degrees or foreign university are substandard. Even most of the prestigious institutions like havard,MIT,yale,Sandford etc runs online courses with certificates of learning and accomplishment and credit to gain admission for full time course. Most of this online certificate courses(mooc)from edx.org,cousera.org,alison.com,saylor.org etc are more qualitative and with modern research,methodology and of recent technology/technics than our so called courses we learn in university where researches and update are never made to improve the syllabus with modern day technics. I have completed several courses from this online learning. Platform via edx,cousera,Alison and I must confess they are far better than what we learned from our professors in conventional institutions. Their courses is tailored to address and tackle recent events,probe past events and history and look at the future events. It's has really helped me a lot to enhance and improve my skill gap and expose me to latest technology and event happenings. What would nuc say concerning NOUN?are they not running an online learning system too?they also have stated mooc courses just like the ones we have in the prestigious universities abroad. Nuc should regulate the system and collaborate with the reputable ones and let's have the online degree complementing the physical institutions. God bless Nigeria. Amen!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? / JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME / ASUU Declares One Week Warning Strike (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.