Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,196 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. (1113 Views)

Rebuttal: Can A Christian Owned A Slave? / Santa Claus Was A Catholic Bishop Who Owned A Slave Named Black Pete / Why Did Jesus Give Instructions On How To Beat A Slave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by kay1one2(m): 6:13am On Jul 24, 2015
1 John 4.8-11 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

1 John 3.16-18 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

The first way God revealed himself to mankind was through His creation. Earth is known as a habitable planet because it has all the necessary conditions that make it possible for mankind, and all the lifeforms that make life easy for him here, present in appopraite levels.
It then becomes obvious that the Creator is one who has us in mind and a loving being who revels in our bliss.
Although human nature has become decadent due to the fall of the first man Adam, God in His loving kindness has provided a way of redemption for us in His Only Begotten Son JESUS.
Jesus Christ and the Cross are the biggest evidence we have that we not only serve the Creator of this awesome universe but that he hasn't given up on us just and that He is truly love.
Our God and the God of this universe is love, not a slave driver who revels in people killing each other in the name of some delusional "holy" war that stems from inherent weakness over life's affairs and yields nothing but wanton destruction seen only with the devil.
Accept Jesus today.
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by davuvid(m): 6:26am On Jul 24, 2015
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 24, 2015
Where is jesus and the cross. You gave no evidence and yet you want people to believe your story.

1 Like

Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by kay1one2(m): 6:47am On Jul 24, 2015
ifeness:
Where is jesus and the cross. You gave no evidence and yet you want people to believe your story.

Question yourself first before everything.
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 24, 2015
kay1one2:

Question yourself first before everything.

What questions do I ask myself? Oh how come I do not believe in a fraud called jesus?

1 Like

Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by kay1one2(m): 8:20am On Jul 24, 2015
ifeness:

What questions do I ask myself? Oh how come I do not believe in a fraud called jesus?

Your existence before others.
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 24, 2015
kay1one2:

Your existence before others.

Do you think you make sense?

1 Like

Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by kay1one2(m): 11:38am On Jul 24, 2015
ifeness:

Do you think you make sense?

If you can question God's existence, why not question yours as well!
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
kay1one2:

If you can question God's existence, why not question yours as well!

Isn't god a title? Anyone can call himself god or herself a goddess. That is why I said you make no sense.

1 Like

Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by kay1one2(m): 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
ifeness:

Isn't god a title? Anyone can call himself god or herself a goddess. That is why I said you make no sense.

Question your own existence and reliability.
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
kay1one2:

Question your own existence and reliability.

Why should I question my existence. I would rather question the man you claim is hiding in the closet.
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by kay1one2(m): 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
ifeness:

Why should I question my existence. I would rather question the man you claim is hiding in the closet.

Question (qestion according to you) everything!
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2015
kay1one2:

Question (qestion according to you) everything!

I am questioning the existence of jesus and the cross
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by kay1one2(m): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
ifeness:

I am questioning the existence of jesus and the cross

Question (or qestion according to you) your own existence. It could all be just a dream.
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
kay1one2:

Question (or qestion according to you) your own existence. It could all be just a dream.

just like yours is all a dream too. Question the story of jesus and a cross. You ain't gullible are you to believe any story.
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
SLAVE DRIVER cheesy I guess kay1one2 is a slave conductor....
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by kay1one2(m): 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
ifeness:

just like yours is all a dream too. Question the story of jesus and a cross. You ain't gullible are you to believe any story.

I know how far my faith has brought me.
Re: Our God Is Love. Not A Slave Driver. by kay1one2(m): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
emrain:
SLAVE DRIVER cheesy I guess kay1one2 is a slave conductor....

Looking for my "lol"...

(1) (Reply)

Dr Ben Carson Mentioned The Word Taqqiya / Where Is Father Christmas Written In The Bible? / Come Experience God At This Sunday's Covenant Day Of Fruitfulness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.