Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Top 5 Reasons Twitter Is Better Than Facebook - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Top 5 Reasons Twitter Is Better Than Facebook (698 Views)

Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution / Top 5 Best Laptops Under ₦100,000 In Nigeria – June 2016 / The Top 5 Free And Paid Antivirus Software 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Reasons Twitter Is Better Than Facebook by Akhampapa(m): 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
Today’s post is all about social networks, and when someone say social networks? If whatever options that comes to your mind does not include facebook and twitter, then close this page and continue sucking your mama’s breast. It’s no more news that these two social networks has taken over the world and we are all proud they came into existence in our generation.

Even though facebook is the largest social network in the world, no social media can be compared to facebook in terms of members on fb. But it’s not all about that, there are so many astonishing features that makes twitter the best social network over facebook. Apology to Mark Zuckerberg, but let us all review these points maybe you all will also agree with me:

1.FRIENDS VS FOLLOWERS: When you are my friend with me on facebook, then I'm automatically your friend also, all my posts, picture uploads and my actions on facebook will automatically be showing up on your news feed, but will you agree with me that not everybody on social media knows how to use it? sometimes you come across some status updates from facebook members and their updates are irritating and disgusting for your liking. Then you feel like removing that particular user, but by so doing, your friendship with the person is also removed automatically.

Unlike twitter where they call friends followers, you follow people, not adding them as friends, while you are on your timeline and you come across any irritating updates from a particular user, you can simply unfollow the person, and still, that doesn't mean the person is no more following you. You will not be seeing his annoying tweets anymore and the person will still be seeing yours. Isn't that cool enough? Yes of course, you would be relieved and clean up your timeline of immature users unlike facebook where that man posts indecent posts always but you can't remove him due to the fact that you need more people to read your posts.

2.FRIENDS LIMIT: On facebook, there are limits to number of friends you can have, thus, the probability of people your posts will reach is very low, for example if you post anything on facebook and you are having just 300 friends on facebook, they are the only one that would see your updates at that particular time. Though your friends can share it on their timeline to reach more audience, but its not a usual practice on facebook, they'd rather comment on your post to praise you than to share it.

On Twitter, though you might have a very limited number of followers, and still your tweets can go wide, Just a retweet from someone following you is the key, it's a natural action on twitter to retweet any tweet that comes your way and aside, if anyone feels like adding something to your tweet, there is no way they can do it without being seen from their followers also. People are much more likely to retweet your tweets or anything you do than to share your status on Facebook.

3.BREAKING NEWS: Some folks will really disagree with me on this, but let the truth set you free, you get to know what's going on around you faster on twitter. When there are a breakout jokes that just happened over any TV station, it has already become a trending topic on twitter, when a celebrity makes a mistake in an interview, twitter users have already carried it on their heads like face cap. Wait, do you actually believe this? Bloggers, and news writers search for news on twitter and not on facebook.

Or have you ever seen a news online that says "FACEBOOK USERS RESPONDS TO OBAMA'S SPEECH"? Never!! you will rather see headlines that says twitter users responds to this and that. This is simply because no phobia of possibility that any attacked subject will come after you due to the fact that there are limits to your updated profile, but facebook, you hardly spare none of your profile that would be easy for anybody to locate you. Of course that's another point that doesn't relate to BREAKING NEWS. Back to the breaking news issue, if you wanna prove me wrong, just go to the trending list on twitter and see the topics and let me know if you've seen it on facebook, It is when they are stale on twitter they become breaking news on facebook.

4.CELEBRITY INTERACTION: Like seriously this is where I find twitter more interesting, did you know? On twitter you can actually talk to that favorite celebrity of yours. I remember the day I was staring on my TV and Funke Akindele's "JENIFA" movie came up on the screen on Africa Magic, I quickly went to twitter to notify Funke herself and I got a response from her thanking me very well for the info, apart from the joy that a celebrity mentioned my name and thanked me, I got some more followers that day due to the mention seen by his numerous followers. Another day is the day I mentioned Don Jazzy on twitter to follow me, I didn't know what happened, till today the man is part of my followers even without me following him. So many celebrities on twitter you can interact with provided they are not busy.

Okay let's go to facebook, how do you even identify celebrities on facebook, the only way is to like their verified fan pages, then you read their posts, those pages, if you don't know are often operated by promoters or probably their PAs. They post without regarding fans' opinion. In a nutshell, celebs interact with their followers on twitter more than they interact with their friends on facebook.

5. CHARACTER LIMIT: This is one of the major turn off for some people on twitter, the 140 character limit scares away some people, probably the people that really likes lengthy expressions. But trust me it helps a lot.

When you read some posts on facebook, the introductory part of the story is always meaningful but going through the body, you find it boring. Go on twitter, the introduction, body of the tweet and conclusion would be summed up in between 140 characters. No time wasting, no stress in reading the tweet if meaningless, Just glance through it and leave the boring tweet and scroll over. The 140 limit makes your expression to be little and meaningful. It enhances good english The list is endless but if you want or feel like challenging me. contact me here for open debate on so many other reasons why twitter is better than facebook.

SOURCE: http://www.akhampapa.com/2015/07/social-networks-twittter-and-facebook.html
Re: Top 5 Reasons Twitter Is Better Than Facebook by ELTON123(m): 3:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Twitter Is Better Than Facebook by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Facebook has more content

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Twitter Is Better Than Facebook by itsmine: 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
true. no wonder twitter is fast growing as a social medium the way Etisalat is doing in d nigerian gsm space.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Twitter Is Better Than Facebook by titi4fola(f): 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
Agreed, but I still prefered Facebook.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Twitter Is Better Than Facebook by henryobinna(m): 8:18am On Jul 25, 2015
all this one na talk,

Facebook over Twitter unless am looking for advert conversion.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Twitter Is Better Than Facebook by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 28, 2015
This is true as the saying goes "Twitter for gurus, Facebook for dummies" but when it comes to investment Facebook is king imagine saying everything about a product in one comprehensive post on like Twitter where the character limit makes you brake your post.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Finally Whatsapp Is Now Available On PC And MAC / Adsense Account for Sale!!! / Need help with your laptop or its accessories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.