Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund (4930 Views)

CBN Orders Banks To Refund Withdrawal Charges In 30 States / Abayomi Aje,please Refund The N4,000 / Nospetco Oil & Gas Ltd.have Started Collecting Investors Information For Refund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by ROCKBASE: 1:36am On Mar 14, 2009
hello guys, any news about wealthzone refund? are they still in court?
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by jamace(m): 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2009
Leave Nigeria alone. The best way to steal peoples money these days is to float an investment. When you have gathered enough money from investors, just zap. I f the investors take you to court, get a good lawyer who can ensure that the case remains pending for God knows when. Meanwhile, establish another biz with the investors monies and continue to enjoy the booty.

Even when government intervenes, nothing will come out of it, as officials will negotiate with the scammers on how the loot will be shared, while the investors continue to wait in vain. It is now a hopeless hope as government has stolen from the wonderbanks.

This is Nigeria for you. Hard luck.
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by manuelo130: 10:00pm On Jun 19, 2009
Hi Jamace,

That was a very sad summary you posted there though quiye true.
But do you have any idea on what is going on presently. I invested with Wealthzone and my case is quite pathetic cos i never collected a kobo before they went under.
Are they still in court or what? All there workers now claim not to be working for wealthzone anymore and that makes information gathering very difficult.

The smart arse who owned the place carefully shileded himself from the business and not many people know how to reach him especially now that his workers have disappeared.

I really dont know if there is any hope of recovering my money, Somebody help please!!
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by jamace(m): 8:03am On Jun 20, 2009
Hello man. It is a great pity to us who invested in the so-called wonderbanks.
So far, nothing is forthcoming but the latest information I got is posted below:

Wonder Bank: case still before Inter-Agency Committee

Peter OBIORA
Proshare NI
May 28, 2009 at 16:52 GMT

The issue of refund of money to investors into the failed Wonder Banks is a pending one; as the case is still before the Inter-Agency Committee set up to look into it.

Lanre Oloyi, Head, Media of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) confirmed this today Thursday May 28 2009 to Proshare NI.

“This Inter-Agency Committee made up of SEC, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) is still look into the issue” Oloyi said.

He affirmed that they have to verify status of accounts of those who invested in the Wonder Banks.

This is coming on the heels of investors’ enquiries to Proshare NI as regards what hope do investors have for a likely refund of their money into the Wonder Banks.

As earlier reported by Proshare NI following enquires from investors of one of the Wonder Banks; Nospetco Oil and Gas Limited (Nospetco).

They are blaming the CBN and the SEC on their woes of not recouping their money in the failed Wonder Bank saga.

These investors are of the view that the Regulatory Authorities should come to dialogue with the Management of the company to see how the issue of refunding depositors fund should be resolved.

Before this time, Oloyi of SEC had affirmed that the Inter-Agency Committee is meeting and collating relevant documents to assess the status of those who invested in these Wonder Banks.

Proshare NI also gathered that some of the investors are calling on Professor Chukwuma Soludo, Outgoing Governor of CBN to help facilitate the release and payment of their money before leaving office.

On November 22 2007, SEC took 37 Wonder Banks before the Investment and Securities Tribunal (IST), advising it to authorise the closure of the offices of these companies; for the reason that they did not obtain the necessary licences to operate either as Fund or Investment Managers in the Nigerian Capital Market (NCM).

Some of the Wonder Banks affected by the clampdown include Fortune Access Interlinks Network, Pennywise Investment Limited, Cyber International Limited, Gold Power Unique Services Limited, Gorutrans Nigeria Company Limited, Interglobal Investment Limited, Money Field Limited, New Freedom Diversified Investment Limited, Open Gate Multipurpose Investors Limited, Orion Express Global Services Limited, and Art Master & Co. Limited.

Others are Wealth Solution Limited, Wealth Transfer and Logistic Limited, Wilson O. Wilson (Doing business in the name and style of Wilamas Ventures), Wisdom Investments Nigeria Limited, and Nospetco Oil and Gas Limited.
Positive Move International Nigeria Limited, Precious Golden Profile, Real and Cool Wealth International Limited, Shola Olanrewaju Ayinke (Sefteg Nigeria Company), Silvertrust Global Investment, Successpoint International Investment Limited, Torid Investment Limited Treasured Fund Assets Limited Vikel Petroleum Limited.

Also on the list are Wealth Concepts Global Ltd, Wealthgage Multibiz International Limited and Wealth Interlink Agency Limited.

http://www.proshareng.com/news/singlenews.php?id=6660

It is now obvious that the govt is the one holding the funds. Well, lets keep hoping that one day govt will refund our money. Cheers.
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by manuelo130: 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2009
Jamace,

Thanks for this insight. Really grateful.

I have made a written application to SEC to help provide authentic information on the protracted activity of this Inter-Agency.

Its not really surprising that this issue has dragged on for this long given our antecedents as a country but its time for us to start making noise about it so that those who have gone to sleep on the issue can wake up.

Looking at the list of wonder banks in this article, there is no WEALTHZONE LTD and i begin to wonder if somethinh else is happening with this particular group. This makes my case more mysterious.

I will keep you posted on their response and will appreciate if you let me in on any info you may get. Afriend once told me that investors in these wonder banks were submitting evidence of their investment to SEC but i was never able to confirm this with SEC who denied any knowledge of such activity.

Thanks once more and please keep in touch.
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by jamace(m): 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2009
Hi Manuelo130

Please keep us posted. Any information from my end will be displayed here too. Thanks for your efforts.
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by manuelo130: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2009
Friends,

I have a "not too cheery" news about wealthzone. Recall that i informed this forum about my application/ enquiry to SERVICOM on the status of our trapped funds.

Well they returned my application and informed me, though unofficially, that the case between wealthzone and SEC was still in court and therefore there was nothing SERVICOM or SEC could do until the case is determined.

So the agony continues. May God help us all.
Have a blessed week
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by KunleA2(m): 4:09am On Jul 30, 2009
Kiss your money goodbye. I doubt if anything will be refunded. Be more prudent and dont be greedy the next time undecided
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by jamace(m): 8:34am On Aug 01, 2009
Friends,

I have a "not too cheery" news about wealthzone. Recall that i informed this forum about my application/ enquiry to SERVICOM on the status of our trapped funds.

Well they returned my application and informed me, though unofficially, that the case between wealthzone and SEC was still in court and therefore there was nothing SERVICOM or SEC could do until the case is determined.

So the agony continues. May God help us all.
Have a blessed week

Leave Nigeria alone. The best way to steal peoples money these days is to float an investment. When you have gathered enough money from investors, just zap. I f the investors take you to court, get a good lawyer who can ensure that the case remains pending for God knows when. Meanwhile, establish another biz with the investors monies and continue to enjoy the booty.

Even when government intervenes, nothing will come out of it, as officials will negotiate with the scammers on how the loot will be shared, while the investors continue to wait in vain.
It is now a hopeless hope as government has stolen from the wonderbanks.
This is Nigeria for you. Hard luck.

Prophecy fulfilled! cheesy
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by wzone(m): 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2009
pls im lost which wealthzone are you talking about? what is the full name of the company.where do they located.pls keep me infrom
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by adros84(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2010
I really do not think it is fair to TO label the operators of WealthZone as scammers. For the avoidance of doubt, I am an investor with WZ and I have several millions trapped in that investment. Before goverment intervened, these guys were faithfully paying the agreed interest on investment. At least i was with them for two years befpre government undue and unwarranted interference. And that was why WZ went to court. Other investment companies did not challenge government interference because they were not very organised. My joy however is that nemesis has caught up with all those Bankers who conspired against investors and the fund managers.
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by Fhemmmy: 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2010
This is really pathetic . . . . There ought to be some ways to make sure investor's get back their money.
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by jamace(m): 10:32pm On May 01, 2010
This is really pathetic . . . . There ought to be some ways to make sure investor's get back their money.

The ways are there on paper but the people on ground are worse than the wonderbanks. sad It is a sad and sorry situation.
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by KunleA2(m): 12:44am On May 02, 2010
Don't feel sorry for any of you guys. If its too good to be tru, its probably is. Be careful next time. Count your money gone
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by dipo2much(m): 10:33am On May 06, 2010
Kunle-A:

Don't feel sorry for any of you guys. If its too good to be tru, its probably is. Be careful next time. Count your money gone

who'z askin u to feel sorry? This is may 2010. By now everyone has counted his loss and moved on
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by KunleA2(m): 3:12pm On May 06, 2010
dipo2much:

who'z askin u to feel sorry? This is may 2010. By now everyone has counted his loss and moved on
And why are ppl still worried if there is any decision on the deposit? undecided I think they have counted their losses?

Serves them right for losing their money. Ppl want something for nothing.
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by sojnaija(m): 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2010
Kunle-A:

And why are ppl still worried if there is any decision on the deposit? undecided I think they have counted their losses?

Serves them right for losing their money. Ppl want something for nothing.

@Kunle-A ; They did not want something for nothing! They DROPPED something to get something added.
Moreover, Wealthzone's offer is not too good to be true. it's either you go for 10% per month or 55% in six months.
Isn't that moderate and possible?
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by KunleA2(m): 7:12am On Oct 20, 2010
soj-naija:

@Kunle-A ; They did not want something for nothing! They DROPPED something to get something added.
Moreover, Wealthzone's offer is not too good to be true. it's either you go for 10% per month or 55% in six months.
Isn't that moderate and possible?

That's the point. I don't know of any legitimate (with full documentation) business that can realistically guarantee you a return of 10% per month or 55% in 6months. I am not saying that there is none but i am yet to come across one. Mind you, the key word here is CONSISTENTLY!!

It may be possible every now and then but not everytime. And when you promise everybody the same return, you are essentially guaranteeing the result everytime. This is a company that doesn't have any real tangible asset or operations to justify the return. They are just collecting the money and paying out.

No factory. No machinery. No trucks. No number of employees. Nothing to justify those numbers. I have been living in the US for a while now, i am yet to come across any such claim.

So once again, i am not sorry for these clowns who lost their money. The DESERVE to lose it.

IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS!
Re: Wealthzone And Other Wonderbanks Refund by jamace(m): 9:11am On Oct 31, 2010
Either govt or one govt official is enjoying the money because the money is with govt.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Liquid Soap And Where To Get The Elements ? / Temporary Suspension Of Foreign Currency Cash Deposits / Asset & Resource Management Co Ltd(aggressive Growth Investment On I.p.o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.