Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,872 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

House Help - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Help (3682 Views)

Man Arrested For Abducting, Impregnating House Help / When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / This Is What My House Help Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Help by edwife(f): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
This poster is the stubborn type chei! gringrin

She is coming back and hard.....

1 Like

Re: House Help by pickabeau1: 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
ChiChi0296:
What ever. D person that wore his or her shoes knows where it pinches her the most. So thanks all for your advice. Is a free world every body is free to say whatever he or she thinks.

Instead of you to accept the feedback and do right

You are practising child labour moreover the girl was given to you to train and not abuse

You RE doing strong head

To be forewarned....

1 Like

Re: House Help by bellong: 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
ChiChi0296:
Hi, please I need help on how to go about with my house help which is also my cousin

This cousin of yours is more important to you as an househelp than a cousin. Let's see if you really need help or people to aid you on how to "finish" the young poor child.

she's 14yrs should I take her back to her parents or still allow her to stay with me?

A 14 year old girl is an early teenager. At that age, they are evolving and trying to explore the world around them as well as getting to know themselves. Rebellion, stubbornness, truancy and all sorts of vices are typical to teenagers who are not moulded right. It is obvious, you are not equipped to handle this part of teenage experience in the girl.

Only you can answer your question.

She has been living with us for a year now. Yes she helps me a lot in doing housework. They are characters of hers which I don't like, though I was aware of some but I thought she's going to change but up till now she's not ready to change.

If you can attest to her resourcefulness, it means the young girl is doing too much work for her age. It is not appropriate sis. Give her work commensurate with her age. If she were your daughter, will you burden her with the "lot of housework"?

Child psychologists believe that two things form children, "nature and nurture". This character of hers, have you ever considered the cause? How is her family background and what do you think can contribute to it from her upbringing? These are the things you need to investigate to know how to help her. You can't solve a problem without understanding the root of it.

How have you helped her to change? What method did you use or are you using? Cane? slap? abusive, termed corrective, words? You can't use a wrong approach in resetting something that requires consistent and conscientious effort to do. Children mostly form their character at age 5, they build on it afterwards. You can't keep beating the girl to expect a change. While I was young, cane was never the right method to make me change a stand. You would rather kill me with cane than me to conform to what you want.
The more you beat her, the more you harden her thereby defeating your goal.

Study the girl to know the right method in getting to her. Cane, if needed, should be the last resort and that once in a blue moon.

She's from my mom's side. It was my mum that brought her to stay with us when I requested for somebody even though I wasn't comfortable with her staying with us cos of those her behaviors. But my mom was like I should manage her

You and your mum turned the girl to commodity already. cheesy grin

So my point is this. D girl steals, doesn't feel remorse whenever she does something wrong,she can't apologies when she wrong me nor my husband,

She was stealing before you brought her in. This is as a result of the environment you grew in (nurture traits). She doesn't feel remorseful because you guys beat hell out of her for every offence, she knows that "e no go pass beating". She is approaching that point of no return where she becomes too hardened to change. Change your tactics in dealing with the teenager.

she can't even take care of my 2 kids when am not around

How on earth do you expect a 14 yr old girl to take care of children. She needs care herself. She has never given birth before nor does she understand what to care for in children. You expect too much from her, it could be why she is getting frustrated by picking up too many vices than heed to correction.

she's wicked as in she carries things I her mind, she beat my 3yr old son when am not around even when am around she still beat him but if ask her she ll deny it.

What do you mean by she carries things in her mind? She's secretive or vengeful? One of the laws in physics says "to every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction". You determine how to deal with the girl, you don't determine how she takes her own pound of flesh.

she lies a lot she's ready to cry out blood than to tell you she did something even if u caught her doing it. She ll still lie, she's not also friendly with kids, u can't dictate her mind, whenever I query or beat her up cos of what she did wrong my kids ll pay for it,

Averagely, teenagers lie a lot because parents do come off like a Hitler. She had to be lying to save face or evade the stick if possible. She is not friendly with your kids because she doesn't see you as friendly with and to her. She is only transferring aggression. Do you "query" her or use derogatory words on her?

she also behaves as if her head is not correct. But she's very very intelligent in times of her education.

Why would her head be correct when she is overburdened with tasks above her age. She is not yet emotionally matured enough to handle the tasks and responsibilities you dumped on her. If she is book smart, is that not to tell you that there is something you are doing wrong to her.
The girl has a lot of errors and faults that need restoration to manufacturer's default. However, you need to re-evaluate your expectations from the girl and also study the girl to know her. You only live with her but you don't know who she is.

My husband and my mom is aware of all this things but they were like I shouldd just over look her that if I should take her back home people ll like she's my cousin this that. But the truth of the matter is that am not comfortable with her staying with me with those characters and she's not ready to change cos I ve talk to her severally but after talking and advice she ll still do it again. And no matter the amount of beat she ll still do it again. I wnt to stop beating her that why I want her to go cos I might wound her by then people ll start saying look at what she did to her cousin "wicked women" and I can't pretend according to my husband which I still find it difficult to understand his reasons for saying I should just pretend as if nothing is happening even though he knows d girl is not doing well.( I hope is not what am thinking sha) the worst is that if u ask her do u want to go home she ll say no.. Please what do I do [/b]I really hate her behavior. Despite d fact that she does house work.

I support the idea of the girl leaving your house because she cannot get the help she needs from your household. She is getting damaged psychologically from her upbringing and from the burdens of your household. She will need the services of a psychology to be able to retrieve her lost childhood. This girl, despite all the housework is still book smart shows she is a gold mine that needs a furnace to shine which you are not.

[b] Please, return the girl to her parents and let them find her the help she needs.

ChiChi0296:
What ever. D person that wore his or her shoes knows where it pinches her the most. So thanks all for your advice. Is a free world every body is free to say whatever he or she thinks.

If a shoe is pinching you, you either remove it or change it to slip-on.

You asked for help, you were given "advices" but because they didn't go well with what you wanted to hear, you resorted to this. Do you expect any sane person to help you crucify the poor girl.

She has vices not fit for a teenager but you have not shown in your write-up how you have tried to help her overcome it. Treat her like your daughter for the next three months and see how miraculously you will see change in her life and yours too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Help by Kimoni: 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
Bellong professeur a parlé
Re: House Help by bellong: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
Kimoni:
Bellong professeur a parlé

Qu'est-ce que ça veut dire?
Re: House Help by Kimoni: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
bellong:

Qu'est-ce que ça veut dire?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

s'il vous plaît expliquez-moi
Re: House Help by bellong: 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
Kimoni:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

s'il vous plaît expliquez-moi

Je vous ai demandé
Re: House Help by Kimoni: 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
bellong:

Je vous ai demandé

grin grin grin

I give up
Re: House Help by bellong: 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin

I give up

cheesy cheesy

I take down...
Re: House Help by lovinam: 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2015
Bellong. You have said it all. I doff my hat for u juo!
Re: House Help by chival(f): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2015
rolled:
And the home appliances takes care of ur child when you and hubby are at work abi?
ode

You obviously have a problem reading, retard. Meanwhile you and Kimoni should kindly let me be. Keep using underaged girls as slaves. What goes around comes around. This is the last I'll say on this matter. I frankly don't have time for this immaturity and foolishness.
Re: House Help by ChiChi0296: 10:08am On Jul 28, 2015
Hummm!, @chival baby nwa idi shap. Carry go. I love naira land family.
Re: House Help by rolled: 12:32am On Sep 11, 2015
So who is the slow spoke Here
ODE
Must a help be under aged
Because your s illy mother used 8 yr old kids doesn't mean i use them
Dog that refused to die

chival:

You obviously have a problem reading, retard. Meanwhile you and Kimoni should kindly let me be. Keep using underaged girls as slaves. What goes around comes around. This is the last I'll say on this matter. I frankly don't have time for this immaturity and foolishness.
Re: House Help by reallions(m): 10:57am On Jan 28, 2019
There's nothing wrong about hiring a house help or any other domestic staff for that matter. The only issue is with the method many employ to hire these house helps and that's why they get their fingers burnt most times.

Reallion Multiventures is a company I know very well. They provide individual families and corporate clients with trusted and verified domestic helps for very reasonable prices. They also help clients manage these hired helps optimally.

Contact them via:
www.reallionmultiventures.com or call/WhatsApp 07019577875 to get reliable househelps, drivers, cooks, Nannies, Cleaners & more without having to break the bank.

It doesn't matter where you stay: Lekki, Ajah Ikoyi, Victoria island, VGC, Magodo, Gbagada, Ogba or anywhere else within or outside Lagos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? / Please Help A Sister In Need Of Advice Immediately / My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.