Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Five Things You Must Avoid Before Sleeping At Night - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Five Things You Must Avoid Before Sleeping At Night (1107 Views)

Foods That You Must Avoid If You Have High Blood Pressure / Five Things That Make Women’s Breasts Sag Quickly / The Zika Virus, Five Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Things You Must Avoid Before Sleeping At Night by femmysin(m): 11:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Do you Want a better sleeping experience? Here is a list of five things you must avoid before sleeping At Night.These are very simple and practical tips that can help and ensure you get a good night’s sleep. Though, the list is not a comprehensive one,but it is definitely easy to apply and understand.

1* Watching TV

Many have the habit of watching TV and falling asleep while doing so. Not only is it a criminal waste of electricity, it also deprives you of a good night’s sleep. Any source of light tends to keep you awake and longer. Besides, you tend to remain active longer and only when you are very tired, you might fall asleep. So, when it’s time to sleep, never resort to TV/your smartphone as a sleeping aid.

2*Eating Heavy / Sugary Foods

It is important to eat at least 3 – 4 hours before bedtime. Many say they wake up hungry this way and snacking just before bed helps them sleep longer. That’s not how it works. Eating anything for that matter means, your stomach should do its work. If it is heavy, like a pizza, your stomach will go on frenzy trying to digest it. Sugary foods tend to increase blood sugar and give an energy boost. These things will mean one thing – your body is relaxed and is probably active. How can you sleep then? Dinner should always be a light and healthy one, so you can sleep without nightmares!

3*Cold Showers

A warm shower about an hour before bedtime can really put you to sleep. On the other hand, a cold water shower will mean it’s time to WAKE UP! So third on your things to avoid before sleeping list is to never take a cold water shower just before hitting the bed.

4* Exercise

Exercising is a good thing and when done once you get up, gives you’re the energy boost required and keeps you fresh all day. On the other hand, if you do it at night, you are going to trigger adrenalin rush and release of other “feel good” hormones. By doing this, the energy level will hit a high and you can’t sleep. So never exercise prior to bedtime.

5*Drinking Liquids

Many wake up in the middle of the night, because they want to use the washroom. Water or anything cold just before going to the bed is the culprit. Ensure you don’t drink any liquids before going to bed and make sure to visit the bathroom, before hitting the bed. If you are not a diabetic, there’s no reason for you to wake up at night for using the washroom! so, drinking liquids, whether water or anything is your last item on your list of the things to avoid before sleeping.

I hope you have learnt something New here..
Re: Five Things You Must Avoid Before Sleeping At Night by 175(m): 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
ok
Re: Five Things You Must Avoid Before Sleeping At Night by Evadamsel(f): 11:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hmmmmmn noted
Re: Five Things You Must Avoid Before Sleeping At Night by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
And I read one article that says drinking water b4 sleep is good and now dis...

Anyway, nice and superb points u've made OP!
Re: Five Things You Must Avoid Before Sleeping At Night by boboLIL(m): 11:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
Fa ncha topic....udo na-achi nwanne
Re: Five Things You Must Avoid Before Sleeping At Night by Khutie: 11:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
khan't sleep widowt having a gud cold shower... one mans fud z anoda mans poison dey xay..

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Must Avoid Before Sleeping At Night by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 25, 2015
No
Re: Five Things You Must Avoid Before Sleeping At Night by agoadiv(m): 12:29am On Jul 25, 2015
Kul
Re: Five Things You Must Avoid Before Sleeping At Night by Infomizer(m): 6:17am On Jul 25, 2015
On what authority do you make these claims op?
Cold water be like Valium for me (since I barely do warm water). It gets me to sleep in not time. Also, who exercises before going to bed? Op, u try small sha.

(1) (Reply)

My Mensuration, My pride of a woman. Help!! / Gynexin A True Cure For Gynecomastia / Introduction To Probiotics - Benefits And Supplements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.