Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera (1140 Views)

Sound Sultan To Nigerian Musicians: Stop Living Fake Lives To Please Strangers / D'banj's Replies Man Who Said Nigerian Songs Are Only About Women (Video) / TerryG Apologizes To Nigerian DJs For Slapping A DJ At Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by Airforce1(m): 6:57am On Jul 25, 2015
Shoki hey hey Shoki!” cries a voice from the radio to the beat of a nerve-wracking pandemonium that seems designed to drive you insane.

A quick flick of the dial and “Shakiti bobo” is playing. The worse thing is that the raucous noise emitted by the artiste is no match for the loud, odious din coming from the beat. The lyrics are completely lost – which may not be regrettable to some – but the whole tumult sounds more like bad static than music.

I tuned the dial again. This time it was Olamide screaming “Vanessa Vanessa.” Continue...

As the last strains of the song died away, the OAP cheerfully and enthusiastically breaks in, “Yes, that’s for all you listeners out there. That’s the way we do it right here at your cool station. We personalise our playlist to make you feel cool.”

Cool kor, cooler ni…. I felt like telling the OAP that his choice of songs made me feel SICK.

This is simply today’s Nigerian music! Something is terribly WRONG with it! Yet millions around the country – especially the young people – listen to it by the hour. WHY?

What is there about this music that is so gripping? How can something so meaningless hold millions under its spell? Why does it serve as a common denominator – as “the tie that binds” – for so many youths?

Judging from how and what they’re saying and singing, it is easy to conclude that some of these artistes should be taken for mental evaluation! Music mirrors our emotions; it reflects our thoughts; it echoes our activities – it shows us the way we really ARE!

Most Nigerian artistes are confused and bewildered – or they wouldn’t sing songs about not being able to tell right from wrong, or songs which purposely don’t say or mean anything, or which try only to “embody an emotional state that points indirectly to marijuana and crazy sex positions.”

Music – just like other forms of art – is like a social barometer. A strong and healthy society produces dynamic and stimulating music; a diseased and decaying society produces sick and decadent music.

It’s a simple matter of cause and effect!

This is now a SICK SOCIETY and, therefore, it produces SICK MUSIC. It’s just that simple! Both parents and the young people are to blame. My point is, we all don’t have to be a part of this sick society – or its sick music.

Even talking about today’s gospel songs, many are lacking in purpose and quality. The gospel singers are forgetting that God believes in QUALITY. Look at the universe He created! He also believes in human improvement and GROWTH. “Become ye therefore perfect” (Matt. 5:48) and “Grow in grace and knowledge” (II Pet. 3:18), He commands.

God wants His people to grow in the right kind of culture – the right kind of appreciation for the finer things in life. He says that mature Christians are “those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to DISCERN both good and evil” (Heb. 5:14).

God wants us to EXERCISE our five physical senses. He wants us to learn what the true values for the enjoyment of the senses are. One of these senses is hearing. And one of the ways we need to exercise our hearing sense is in the appreciation of quality music. Quality in music involves, first of all, the way it is composed or arranged. Secondly, it involves how the music is performed. And thirdly, the setting (the place and occasion) in which the music is heard.

You attend a concert only to see artistes with a hodgepodge of idiotic noise played from a CD and the audience seated at round tables like they are in a canteen, screaming with mouthful of small chops and ‘samosas’ as every new song is introduced by the performer. What utter nonsense! What is WRONG with us? How did we completely lose our sense of value regarding music? Do we even know the purpose of music?

A mother justifies her daughter who’s listening to an obscene song by saying, “If you listen to the words of that one, it’s pretty rough. But it has a real good beat. My daughter says she doesn’t pay any attention to the words anyway.” Are we really that naïve? What erroneous reasoning! Go along with the crowd – even if the crowd is on the way to suffering, misery, pain, extinction? Do we think that these songs have no part in the tidal wave of promiscuity, venereal disease, illegitimate babies that are all over the country today? If you are one of those who like today’s Naija music, you ought to honestly and truthfully ask yourself WHY.

http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2015/07/god-wont-listen-to-nigerian-songs.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 25, 2015
shocked
Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by midolian(m): 7:01am On Jul 25, 2015
The guy is right on this.. Lol

If God wan listen to music sef, abeg shey na "falila tekan" abi na "dorobucci", abi na "irun obo", abi na "story for the gods"..I am not saying we don't have good songs. We have them but they are very few. And the sad part of it is that the few good songs have very few listeners.

Airforce1:
One man's trash is another man's treasure

Naija music is on point no doubt
so on point ke? What lessons do you learn from naija songs? A white man once made a comment on Naija songs and this is what he said. "Nigerians only know how to use drums...Listen to their songs(most of our songs) and you ll get no message..but I can bet you 'll dance to them all". And this is the truth. As I say I hate naija songs reach, if I hear some of them, I no dey no wen I begin dance. Our artistes just dey sell beats to us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by Airforce1(m): 7:03am On Jul 25, 2015
One man's trash is another man's treasure

Naija music is on point no doubt
Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by kossyablaze(m): 7:15am On Jul 25, 2015
Hmmmmm

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by kossyablaze(m): 7:17am On Jul 25, 2015
Airforce1:
Spewing thrash like always
My guy how far na?Give us better Jamz make we dey blast!I'm tired of Lil Wayne Free Weezy Album and J cole Forest hills drive

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by Airforce1(m): 7:19am On Jul 25, 2015
kossyablaze:
My guy how far na?Give us better Jamz make we dey blast!I'm tired of Lil Wayne Free Weezy Album and J cole Forest hills drive

cooking something

3 singles dropping same day, same time soon
Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by herald9: 7:23am On Jul 25, 2015
We were born sick! That's why we keep ditching out sick songs.

Someone needs to command us to be well, and we'll save in his temple forever. tongue

On a serious note, who even listen to Naija songs sef. Everyone wants to make hit tracks irrespective of the contents.

As for the Gospel songs...hehehe. I think there's no more new adjectives to describe this god again. All the adjectives have been overused and Gospel artistes have diverted into mainstream just to do something different or a bit new and get a boost in their accounts.

One funny thing is, this god seem not to get enough. Like Oliver Twist, he still needs more praise.
Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by Airforce1(m): 7:37am On Jul 25, 2015
herald9:
We were born sick! That's why we keep ditching out sick songs.

Someone needs to command us to be well, and we'll save in his temple forever. tongue

On a serious note, who even listen to Naija songs sef. Everyone wants to make hit tracks irrespective of the contents.

As for the Gospel songs...hehehe. I think there's no more new adjectives to describe this god again. All the adjectives have been overused and Gospel artistes have diverted into mainstream just to do something different or a bit new and get a boost in their accounts.

One funny thing is, this god seem not to get enough. Like Oliver Twist, he still needs more praise.

I just gotta force myself to -> cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lalasticlala won't agree with you on this one
Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by kossyablaze(m): 7:39am On Jul 25, 2015
Airforce1:

cooking something
3 singles dropping same day, same time soon
Ok Anticipating...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2015
Osogbo weed + Warri cannabis = Etcetera

1 Like

Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by Tolexander: 8:19am On Jul 25, 2015
God won't listen to Nigerian song. But may move feeling the beat!
Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by Airforce1(m): 9:08am On Jul 25, 2015
midolian:

so on point ke? What lessons do you learn from naija songs? A white man once made a comment on Naija songs and this is what he said. "Nigerians only know how to use drums...Listen to their songs(most of our songs) and you ll get no message..but I can bet you 'll dance to them all". And this is the truth. As I say I hate naija songs reach, if I hear some of them, I no dey no wen I begin dance. Our artistes just dey sell beats to us.

I don't really care much about what your white man got to say about naija people

Your white man never sees anything good about blacks

Your white man believe they are better than blacks

I don't lick white man's asss so stop telling me shiits the white men think about blacks

1 Like

Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by midolian(m): 10:57am On Jul 25, 2015
Airforce1:

I don't really care much about what your white man got to say about naija people

Your white man never sees anything good about blacks

Your white man believe they are better than blacks

I don't lick white man's asss so stop telling me shiits the white men think about blacks
lol..nobody is licking a white-man's asss here. The man said nafin buh the bitter truth. I have worked with him and I know how much he appreciates the black race. So stop hiding under the umbrella of "the whites sees nafin good about the black" to defend Nigerian noise you call music. Remember Asa once said it that we don't sing good music here. She mentioned herself and 2face as those that gv quality music in Nigeria. Abeg is Asa a white-woman? cheesy

And for u to think we do good music here just confirmed u are really whack. The Nigerian songs u ve bn listening to is why u don't know good music. Ya "your such a diva" or what do u even call it, is a give away. #noOffense

You really need to know good music b4 u can give good music.

2 Likes

Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by SAMBARRY: 11:15am On Jul 25, 2015
kossyablaze:
Abeg leave broda such a diva joor

seriously op is right. Nigerian songs are just empty noise. The musicians are not interested in quality. They're only looking for their daily bread and fame if not they'll do better undecided

One of the reasons i don't listen to radio is because of the thrash they play that they call song. The notorious one is the junk they do on coolfm play or stop undecided

All I hear is people screaming and blabbing with funny beats undecided

nigerian music should pay more attention to lyrics than beats then they'll be ever green like sunny ade, onyeka onwenu, lagbaja, Ebenezer obey, Christian essein, angelique kidjo.i can listen to the song onyeka played in the early 90s or sunny Adès songs of the 70s and 80s but I can't even listen to tongolo or you don hit my car Oyinbo repete and all those bs .no depth no substance

the new generation of nigerian musicians need to calm the fk down and learn from the pioneers of nigerian and African music. They produced substance and quality

see orlandos music
See Michael Jackson music
toni braxton
joe
Stevie Wonder

it wasn't about the money for this people undecided ca
Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by SAMBARRY: 11:50am On Jul 25, 2015
Lol don't blame him. Nigerians don't know the difference between objective criticism, sarcasm and insults. To them every criticism is insult and do you know why I'm happy. Even the so called dbanj they're looking up to has admitted in one of his interviews that he's not a good musician but an entertainer.he has stage performance and he's charismatic and that's why he has been able to pull crowd to his shows. Remove the entertainer away from dbanj, he's just a regular noise maker like the rest of them
midolian:
lol..nobody is licking a white-man's asss here. The man said nafin buh the bitter truth. I have worked with him and I know how much he appreciates the black race. So stop hiding under the umbrella of "the whites sees nafin good about the black" to defend Nigerian noise you call music. Remember Asa once said it that we don't sing good music here. She mentioned herself and 2face as those that gv quality music in Nigeria. Abeg is Asa a white-woman? cheesy

And for u to think we do good music here just confirmed u are really whack. The Nigerian songs u ve bn listening to is why u don't know good music. Ya "your such a diva" or what do u even call it, is a give away. #noOffense

You really need to know good music b4 u can give music.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by Airforce1(m): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
midolian:

You really need to know good music b4 u can give good music.

It's Saturday, no time for talk talk

Happy day, bussy day
Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by pinkjacket(f): 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Airforce
Re: God Wont Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera by oloyede252(m): 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Abeg leave broda such a diva joor

seriously op is right. Nigerian songs are just empty noise. The musicians are not interested in quality. They're only looking for their daily bread and fame if not they'll do better undecided

One of the reasons i don't listen to radio is because of the thrash they play that they call song. The notorious one is the junk they do on coolfm play or stop undecided

All I hear is people screaming and blabbing with funny beats undecided

nigerian music should pay more attention to lyrics than beats then they'll be ever green like sunny ade, onyeka onwenu, lagbaja, Ebenezer obey, Christian essein, angelique kidjo.i can listen to the song onyeka played in the early 90s or sunny Adès songs of the 70s and 80s but I can't even listen to tongolo or you don hit my car Oyinbo repete and all those bs .no depth no substance

the new generation of nigerian musicians need to calm the fk down and learn from the pioneers of nigerian and African music. They produced substance and quality

see orlandos music
See Michael Jackson music
toni braxton
joe
Stevie Wonder

it wasn't about the money for this people undecided ca

abeg go Sidon jare,shoro ni ye...........wa fe Ku laleyi

(1) (Reply)

Omg!girl Narrates How She Was Forced Into Cultism, Raped By 20 Men At Initiation / Am 25yrs Old Single Lady, Am Looking For A Cute Guy To Date / Photos Of 2015 Face Of Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.