Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,948 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly (1210 Views)

Volvo Unveils Autonomous Garbage Truck (kolekole) - Photo & Video / Please Help A Brother Select: Volvo V40 And Golf 3 / Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by chaikie(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
Please fam, I own a Volvo V40 1996 model. Anytime I drive and apply the brakes, the brake pedal and the steering vibrates terribly. It happens when I drive above 60kph. I have done alignment and wheel balancing countless times still no improvement. Please what do I do?

Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by sseunth(m): 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
Nairaland is not a mechanic workshop.

Kindly find one near your area, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by chaikie(m): 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
Oga Gazzuzz, Lomomike, Siena, Ikenna, DecoTech et al abeg make na
Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by Fulaman198(m): 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
You need to check your brake rotors (both front and back).
Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
chaikie:
Please fam, I own a Volvo V40 1996 model. Anytime I drive and apply the brakes, the brake pedal and the steering vibrates terribly. It happens when I drive above 60kph. I have done alignment and wheel balancing countless times still no improvement. Please what do I do?

Resurface your brake disks.

Dass all. grin
Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by DECOtech(m): 11:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
sseunth:
Nairaland is not a mechanic workshop.

Kindly find one near your area, thanks.
Trying to figure out what you are up to

1 Like

Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by sseunth(m): 2:15am On Jul 26, 2015
DECOtech:

Trying to figure out what you are up to
if I should tell him the problem, will he fix it himself?
Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by DECOtech(m): 8:59am On Jul 26, 2015
sseunth:
if I should tell him the problem, will he fix it himself?

Bro, It doesn't matter.
If you know the problem, say it.

You wouldn't be talking to him alone but also helping others who can fix theirs themselves
Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by sseunth(m): 9:05am On Jul 26, 2015
DECOtech:

Bro, It doesn't matter.
If you know the problem, say it.

You wouldn't be talking to him alone but also helping others who can fix theirs themselves
ok I am not so sure but it has happened to my dad's car before. The mechanic said the braking system is faulty and he engine screw is not tight.
Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by DECOtech(m): 9:22am On Jul 26, 2015
sseunth:
ok I am not so sure but it has happened to my dad's car before. The mechanic said the braking system is faulty and he engine screw is not tight.

Dad's mechanic gave a vague explanation and Dad took it that way. But for some of us who want detailed explanations, we come to Nairaland to seek opinion of learned technicians. Was Dad's mechanic eventually able to fix the problem?

There are different causes of vibration in an automobile. In the case of the OP, the vibe occurs when ever he steps on his brakes. So I wld suggest chaikie replaces both front brake disks with new ones.

Nairaland car talk section can be called an online mechanic workshop.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by chaikie(m): 11:41am On Jul 26, 2015
Thanks all. I am blessed to be a member of this honorable forum. I brag about our engineers on Nairaland when I am with friends! Oga Gazzuzz, I sight cool you. DECOtech baba, thanks for having my back. The brake disks and rotors would be changed tomorrow and feedback would be given here. Thanks once again.
Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
chaikie:
Thanks all. I am blessed to be a member of this honorable forum. I brag about our engineers on Nairaland when I am with friends! Oga Gazzuzz, I sight cool you. DECOtech baba, thanks for having my back. The brake disks and rotors would be changed tomorrow and feedback would be given here. Thanks once again.

If in lagos bring the old ones for resurfacing.
Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by eherbal(m): 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

ok.will do that tomorrow morning grin
Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by DECOtech(m): 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
chaikie:

You are welcome bro.

I see Gazzuzz has offered you a more pocket friendly option. I didn't know he had the rotor resurfacing tool. You shld go to him.
Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by chaikie(m): 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Sir, please forgive my curiosity. Does resurfacing make the brake disc as good as new? Plus the the brake disc is always very hot after a good run with the car. A friend told me it's my calipers not returning properly. How true is it please?
Re: Volvo V40 Vibrating Badly by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
chaikie:

Sir, please forgive my curiosity. Does resurfacing make the brake disc as good as new? Plus the the brake disc is always very hot after a good run with the car. A friend told me it's my calipers not returning properly. How true is it please?

Good as new yes.

Possibly true.

Read more here. https://www.nairaland.com/2356445/remotely-follow-vehicle-repairs-online/4

(1) (Reply)

Needed...a Good Mechanic For American Cars / Where Can I Get 2015 Lexus NX Parts In Lagos? / Accidents Can Kill Even The Most Experienced Drivers - Drive Safe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.