Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Why Some Doubt The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Some Doubt The Bible (1369 Views)

Until Jehovah Kills This Certain People, I'll Doubt The Bible Forever / If You Doubt The Power Of Faith, Ask Leicester City / You Still Doubt The Existance Of Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
Bible is the primary means through which God speaks to us, He may use a verse or a passage to bring a great revelation for a specific situation. But not everyone who reads the bible gains revelation. This therefore bothers on ones' objective of reading: some read it purely for historical value, others in the same way as they would a chinese proverb-just to gain insight and principles,and nothing more. However, a spirit filled christian,would read same passage and gain greatly what the Lord God is saying. For instance four different individual of varried background would read and understand bible in: Historical word of God,anyone saved or not may understand from this dimension, or Seeing the principle of the bible-this includes understanding the personal value.these are general good life principle whether saved or not, or when the word is enlightened by the Holy spirit to you, it becomes a revelation,it bears witness in your spirit at this point, lastly, when the enlightened word reside in you. It is only until it gets to the third level of understanding, the BIBLE remains a tale tale to you,therefore, i pray us to make haste and embrace Christ for a better life here and hereafter.
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
undecided
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Vanquay:
undecided
meaning?
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
undecided undecided
nseke:
meaning?
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by davien(m): 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
So over 33,000 denominations of christianity have contrasting revelations from the same bible?...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by reallest(f): 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
nseke:
Bible is the primary means through which God speaks to us, He may use a verse or a passage to bring a great revelation for a specific situation. But not everyone who reads the bible gains revelation. This therefore bothers on ones' objective of reading: some read it purely for historical value, others in the same way as they would a chinese proverb-just to gain insight and principles,and nothing more. However, a spirit filled christian,would read same passage and gain greatly what the Lord God is saying. For instance four different individual of varried background would read and understand bible in: Historical word of God,anyone saved or not may understand from this dimension, or Seeing the principle of the bible-this includes understanding the personal value.these are general good life principle whether saved or not, or when the word is enlightened by the Holy spirit to you, it becomes a revelation,it bears witness in your spirit at this point, lastly, when the enlightened word reside in you. It is only until it gets to the third level of understanding, the BIBLE remains a tale tale to you,therefore, i pray us to make haste and embrace Christ for a better life here and hereafter.

Typing..............................
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by reallest(f): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
davien:
So over 33,000 denominations of christianity have contrasting revelations from the same bible?...
U just nail it bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
davien:
revelations can only be contrasting if its source are different. Certainly, theres one source
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by johnydon22(m): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
nseke:
revelations can only be contrasting if its source are different. Certainly, theres one source
So why then do we have almost 40,000 different results and opposite meanings stemming from one source?

1 Like

Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
Different denominations in christianity have just faith as its base.
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by johnydon22(m): 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
nseke:
And this betrays the irrationality behind it all. . Like you rightly assert they all have FAITH as their basis.

That is why opposing doctrines all needs faith as their bases.
Catholics believe in a three in person God while some sects don't and both hold on to their convictions by faith.

This only means faith is not rooted in truth but rooted in the conviction buttered in the emotional sentiments of the person with faith... Faith means you just believe and hold steady to your convictions whether it's true or not, clearly that's insanity

1 Like

Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
johnydon22:
So why then do we have almost 40,000 different results and opposite meanings stemming from one source?
i don't know the source of your stats.but just as i said,understanding which depends on the light of the Holy spirit matters
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by davien(m): 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
nseke:
So why does the source lead to contrasting revelations?...from masturbation is normal to a sin,etc..
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by johnydon22(m): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
davien:
The first question should be "Why an all powerful God needs you to read an ancient book to determine what he says and wants instead of telling you" Something that needs you to read an outdated book to determine what you think the entity says is a self debunking concept

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by davien(m): 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
johnydon22:

The first question should be "Why an all powerful God needs you to read an ancient book to determine what he says and wants instead of telling you" Something that needs you to read an outdated book to determine what you think the entity says is a self debunking concept
grin
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by johnydon22(m): 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
nseke:
i don't know the source of your stats.but just as i said,understanding which depends on the light of the Holy spirit matters
Aaaaaah the holy spirit defence, this just made matters worse.

All these 40,000 sects and opposing doctrines all lay claim to the teachings of this holy spirit so how come the same holy infallible spirit teachings gave rise to 40,000 distinct meanings.

It is either that spirit is confused or there is no spirit teaching anybody anywhere but men following their ideologies rooted in their egos and sentiments
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
johnydon22:
And this betrays the irrationality behind it all. . Like you rightly assert they all have FAITH as their basis.

That is why opposing doctrines all needs faith as their bases.
Catholics believe in a three in person God while some sects don't and both hold on to their convictions by faith.

This only means faith is not rooted in truth but rooted in the conviction buttered in the emotional sentiments of the person with faith... Faith means you just believe in whether it's true or not, clearly thats insanity
nseke:
its rather too hasty and sounds premeditated jumping into a bias conclusion as to say that one faiths anything s/he believes, be that as it may, theres a perspective am coming which is christianity and not just anything as may have infered. The faith is here is in CHRIST JESUS AS LOrd and Saviour
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by johnydon22(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
nseke:
its rather too hasty and sounds premeditated jumping into a bias conclusion as to say that one faiths anything s/he believes, be that as it may, theres a perspective am coming which is christianity and not just anything as may have infered. The faith is here is in CHRIST JESUS AS LOrd and Saviour
Meaning you wish to limit the magnanimity of your faith to One.
You wish to out write the obvious contradictory faith based beliefs and limit to one standard.

Yet again, some sects believe in the Godship of Jesus why some regard him as just a man . . . So yet again another contradicting faith basis, there still are huge difference and opposition in this faith basis you proposed
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
nseke:

And other religions don't have faith as their base? Its okay to have different views as long as all differing opinions claim Christianity??
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
davien:
So why does the source lead to contrasting revelations?...from masturbation is normal to a sin,etc..
did the person tell you that masturbation being okay is a revelation of the Holy spirit?besides, every authentic thing here on earth suffers one major contradiction-fake
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
nseke:
Tales by moonlight

1 Like

Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Zedric:

And other religions don't have faith as their base? Its okay to have different views as long as all differing opinions claim Christianity??
thats not what i said! I am talking of my own believe in Chris Jesus as a christians' faith
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
krattoss:
Tales by moonlight
certainly what the passage was against,as it would only be a tale of the moonlight to he who doesn't have understanding
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
johnydon22:
Meaning you wish to limit the magnanimity of your faith to One.
You wish to out write the obvious contradictory faith based beliefs and limit to one standard.

Yet again, some sects believe in the Godship of Jesus why some regard him as just a man . . . So yet again another contradicting faith basis, there still are huge difference and opposition in this faith basis you proposed
the stardard suffers no limitation nor expasion for it has remained Christ and Christ alone as Lord and Saviour. Meanwhile, almost everything thas has greatness and truth has in one way or the other suffered contradiction however the TRUTHFULNESS of the gosple remains sacrosant.
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by menesheh(m): 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
nseke:

Your bible support slavery, where are you? i will like to buy you as my property. Treat you anyhow i want. Bully you pretty well.

Any counter to this, my cancellation in your above post remain valid as it is to me, so it is to you too.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
nseke:
certainly what the passage was against,as it would only be a tale of the moonlight to he who doesn't have understanding
and why cant ur almighty god make us to understand it or are we predestined not to understand the ancient novel?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
menesheh:

Your bible support slavery, where are you? i will like to buy you as my property. Treat you anyhow i want. Bully you pretty well.

Any counter to this, my cancellation in your above post remain valid.
people like you would one day embrace this bible like no other,but my fear is that you may have misled many before
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by menesheh(m): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
nseke:
people like you would one day embrace this bible like no other,but my fear is that you may have misled many before

Thanks, start praying to your god to make me embrace the bible, i will be happy if he can do it. But that not the grant to my request.

Waiting.....
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
krattoss:
and why cant ur almighty god make us to understand it or are we predestined not to understand the ancient novel?
God gave us free will-to choose whatever we wish,admonishing us to choose HIM as the better alternative. Again if you truly desire to know and follow Him,then come with open mind just like you went to school to learn in same manner avail youself,HE will certainly give the understanding
Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
nseke:
God gave us free will-to choose whatever we wish,admonishing us to choose HIM as the better alternative. Again if you truly desire to know and follow Him,then come with open mind just like you went to school to learn in same manner avail youself,HE will certainly give the understanding
well, i have tried, i didnt even notice his existence an atom. And if atall he gave us freewill knowing we would doubt him in future, then i guess aint got no probs cos am doing what am predestined to do...

U knw what? Tell him i said HI.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by reallest(f): 7:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
johnydon22:
Aaaaaah the holy spirit defence, this just made matters worse.

All these 40,000 sects and opposing doctrines all lay claim to the teachings of this holy spirit so how come the same holy infallible spirit teachings gave rise to 40,000 distinct meanings.

It is either that spirit is confused or there is no spirit teaching anybody anywhere but men following their ideologies rooted in their egos and sentiments
gringrin

1 Like

Re: Why Some Doubt The Bible by mrZENographer: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
davien:

Even the abominable such as gay use d bibke to justify themselves. Bible remains 100% true. There are so many false teachers around. So Beware.

Colossians 3.6 Be not deceived for bcause of this comes the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.Be not partakers with them.

(1) (Reply)

The Mecca/ Jerusalem Pilgrimage: The Height Of Religious Idiocy! / The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary And The Revelation Of Three Circles / Praising God In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.