Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya (1091 Views)

Husband Has Been Having Sex With His Father-In-Law / Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / This Boy Was Involved In An Accident That Killed His Father. Do You Know Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya by Stoja: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
US president Barack Obama is presently in Kenya, his home town and this visit makes it the fourth time he will be coming to Kenya with the first being in 1987 when he was in his 20s.

His father, Barack H. Obama Snr was a civil servant working with the Ministry of Finance in Kenya till he met his untimely death in 1982.

He died in a motor accident on November 24, 1982 in his car, a green pick-up van which he bought from General Motors in 1981 under a payment plan he could not complete due to his untimely death.

President Obama and dad

Senior officials at the ministry identify cars they want and have them bought by the ministry, after which the individual employees would have their salaries deducted monthly to recover the cash.

After the fatal accident that claimed Obama Snr’s life, the car was towed to the Ministry of Finance’s junk yard.

It was bought by Owili, who then worked for Ministry of Planning as a technician for Sh175, 000

obama snr car
The car that killed Obama’s dad’s

According to Owili : “It was one of the many cars put up for disposal by the Treasury,” he says, “And the only reason I got it was that it had been left behind by purchasers. All the others in the yard had been bought except the green pick-up.”

http://getlistednigeria.com/?p=34064

Re: See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya by kossyablaze(m): 8:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hmmmm smh

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya by newReal(m): 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
h
Re: See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya by ELTON123(m): 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hehehecheesy

If this kind car hit you abeg no expect yourself to wake up again
Re: See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya by Drhenrysaint(m): 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya by Stoja: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
ELTON123:
Hehehecheesy

grin grin

If this kind car hit you abeg no expect yourself to wake up again
Re: See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya by gidjah(m): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hmmm.That will be a touching site for Mr Pres to behold, it will also be a long lasting tale to keep talking about,'you mean this kind of CAR killed my poppa'??..this is nothing but shit mehn '!!!! I can imagiie uncle Obama saying such.
Re: See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya by gidjah(m): 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
If I were to be him. I will just buy the car, and also buy the new owner o! Then send them both to the USA national museum!!
Re: See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya by Stoja: 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
gidjah:
Hmmm.That will be a touching site for Mr Pres to behold, it will also be a long lasting tale to keep talking about,'you mean this kind of CAR killed my poppa'??..this is nothing but shit mehn '!!!! I can imagiie uncle Obama saying such.

hmmm!
Re: See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya by ladyF(f): 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
They can move it to a museum.
Re: See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya by NifemiOlu(m): 5:10am On Jul 26, 2015
The car could not have been rickety when it killed him.

(1) (Reply)

Warning: Robbers Now Using Egg To Rob Victims! / What Should I Do:''she's Always Accusing Me Of Stealing Even When I Don't'' / Is It Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.