Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,983 members, 7,956,670 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:40 PM

Why Are Igbo Men Difficult Men To Date???? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Igbo Men Difficult Men To Date???? (1066 Views)

Why Igbo Men Don't Sell Suya Meat / Top 10 Richest Igbo Men / Is It Legal For Military Men To Refuse To Pay Bus Fares? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Igbo Men Difficult Men To Date???? by Nobody: 2:22am On Jul 26, 2015
I'm really sorry but I dont intend this coming across as tribalistic or prejudicial or some sort. It's been on my mind since and is a matter of urgency. It's based on my experience,funny enough,my only experience but reinforced by some women's similar stories and some people's general opinion. Why are Igbo men,especially the ones that grew up in the east,so stiff necked n rigid people Why do they see every women as a threat and someone to subdue at all cost even if she has posed no threat thus far? Why are they so insecure when it comes to a woman and always try to show their manliness even when it's unnecesssary? Why do they grow scared of a successful woman or a woman ahead of them generally and try to cover it up by acting all manly when it's unnecessary? Is it that their ego is more inflated than others? It's so bad that they start up a war/competition with their own woman! In the bid to satisfy their ego we become more than deflated but we lose ourselves and value. Does it have to do with their environment and past experiences that they've sworn to see everybody as an enemy and a threat that must be vanquished including women? Please any opinions or advice? Or am I the one getting it wrong? I've cancelled every possibility of ending up with an igbo man again.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Men Difficult Men To Date???? by waistaa(f): 2:27am On Jul 26, 2015
Sorry.
Re: Why Are Igbo Men Difficult Men To Date???? by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 26, 2015
DehtahGeh:
I'm really sorry but I dont intend this coming across as tribalistic or prejudicial or some sort. It's been on my mind since and is a matter of urgency. It's based on my experience,funny enough,my only experience but reinforced by some women's similar stories and some people's general opinion. Why are Igbo men,especially the ones that grew up in the east,so stiff necked n rigid people Why do they see every women as a threat and someone to subdue at all cost even if she has posed no threat thus far? Why are they so insecure when it comes to a woman and always try to show their manliness even when it's unnecesssary? Why do they grow scared of a successful woman or a woman ahead of them generally and try to cover it up by acting all manly when it's unnecessary? Is it that their ego is more inflated than others? It's so bad that they start up a war/competition with their own woman! In the bid to satisfy their ego we become more than deflated but we lose ourselves and value. Does it have to do with their environment and past experiences that they've sworn to see everybody as an enemy and a threat that must be vanquished including women? Please any opinions or advice? Or am I the one getting it wrong? I've cancelled every possibility of ending up with an igbo man again.

Advice? Hmmm.
Go and sleep
Re: Why Are Igbo Men Difficult Men To Date???? by jomoh: 3:08am On Jul 26, 2015
DehtahGeh:
Does it have to do with their environment and past experiences that they've sworn to see everybody as an enemy and a threat that must be vanquished including women?

Now this part got me.
Re: Why Are Igbo Men Difficult Men To Date???? by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 26, 2015
When a man is so smart for a greedy and over-ambitious lady to manoeuvre, the lady will always cry foul.

This thread is a clear scenario. undecided

@op, I'm a proud and an unrepentant Igboman. We don't give a damn about f00lishly-smart ladies. cool

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Men Difficult Men To Date???? by Mynd44: 5:02am On Jul 26, 2015
It is not exclusive to "Igbo men". This trait is exhibited in almost all conservative African men

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Men Difficult Men To Date???? by eyeview: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2015
DehtahGeh:

My Dear,lemme give you a lil advice.
Any young igboman you meet that grew up in the east has a very strong homely orientation. They prefer a lady who is down to earth. By this I mean a lady who wouldn't be after showing off of vanity or living a fake life. Sadly,those are what is everywhere in Lagos.
They prefer ladies who has attachment to her family and roots. Not one that will prefer a "just you and I and nobody else" relationship.
They naturally get threatened by a girl who shows off an expensive lifestyle. They may well afford it a hundred times but they don't like you to showcase it. Let them dictate the pace. For eg,while most girls will want to rent a house in lekki and environs,a young igbo boy would prefer to buy land in mainland areas like satelite town,okota,amuwo,etc and build his own house than rent a house in lekki where he'll be 'dashing' a landlord over a N1.5million as rent.
Even if he can afford to take you to major shopping cities of the world for shopping,he'll want to see that you can feel at home with him at 'mama ubaka' joint and eat nkwobi or pepper soup.
Incidentally,most of these Lagos born and bred girls have lost touch with being real and thus keep finding it hard to connect with such youngmen.
In simple terms,come down to earth and be real

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

≫bamwar8。c0m≪ 「서울역키스방 레드」부천키스방 충주키스방밤워 / Fatal Accident In Aba,Car Somersaults 3 Times,Driver's Brain Opens Up(photos) / We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.