Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

3 Things More Valuable Than Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Things More Valuable Than Money (796 Views)

Male Or Female Child Which Is More Valuable. / What Are The 3 Things You Cannot Do Without? / Dear Wife, 3 Things I Want You To Know About Your Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things More Valuable Than Money by MrAnonTAC: 6:10am On Jul 26, 2015
Every blessed day, from like 10pm till I slept, I was worried about money. This happened for 5 years after I was done with my degree at the University of Lagos as I felt life was moving too fast and reality was dawning on me. This is in contrast with my life as a young boy when I never worried about money since I could easily get from my parents.
During my college years, I was okay with whatever my dad gave to me since i was making some extras (legal ‘omo boy’ deals) so I never worried about money.

Not until I made money in my final year, did money become this huge storm in my life. It was like a giant wave sweeping into my being.
When I say “I made money”, I meant I finally made enough money to move out of my parent’ house and take care of my living needs. Now it meant I needed to have never-ending money.

Before that time, I could pass for being ‘creative’. What that means is that I was into buying and selling, real estate, brokerage on a small scale.
Then I made ‘the money’ and that became my new drug. I was turning down all businesses with low returns instead I was looking for the ‘mighty bar’.

“Money is your muse,” said my now ex-girlfriend.

Every day, I would call my business partner and we would go over all business opportunities to make more money. Eventually, I became broke.
I had no money, I lost my friends and after a while my girlfriend left. It felt like my life had no frame around it.

For about 5 years I was deeply unhappy. Everything I did, I would do for money. My net worth mattered to me a lot.

Some people say to me when I tell them something inspirational, “it’s easy for you to say, you haven’t …” ok, I get it.
There is no reality but the one we choose to paint with the palette of our different experiences.
People think they can only appreciate the things that are more important than money when they actually have money. Else, what good are they? What good is life without enough money to live it?

Trust me when I say the reverse is the case. One only gets the money, keeps the money, grows the money and appreciates the money, when you put the things more important than money first.
As nice as this may sound, I’m sure someone is thinking ‘ I wish it were true’.

It’s true!

When we look into the midst of nothingness, all that is left are the marks drawn on the hearts of others- Family, Friends, Lovers, including strangers on our life paths.

I regret being troubled for so long. But I guess the regret taught me a lesson.

Here is a list of 3 things more important than money.

You: Don’t let your net worth or job position define you. You are an amazing being. Don’t postpone caring for yourself in other to make money, death might just come before you spend it. You deserve to live a healthy and happy life

Laughing: You can’t buy laughter but if you are willing you can find it anywhere. Laughter makes you healthier and happier. Laughter helps lighten your burden, inspire hope and brings your body back to balance. It makes you better and live longer.

Time with loved Ones: When you lose money, you can always make more money back. But once you lose a loved one they might just be gone forever. Create great and beautiful memories with loved ones. Be of help in any way you can to them. Always let them know how much you care and do things they will always remember you for.

About The Author: Ife John is an Economist , Seasoned Business Analyst , Motivational Speaker and a Lover of God. His Inspirition comes from personal life experiences and passion to help others. He is the creator of True Anonymous Confession Blog.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Things More Valuable Than Money by Tee2902(m): 6:12am On Jul 26, 2015
cheesy
Nice piece, but...
Re: 3 Things More Valuable Than Money by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 26, 2015
Bros.. This is in the wrong section
Thank u for sharing this.. At least, I won't fall prey of such..
@lalasticlala do the needful.. This is a great lesson for a sunday morning

1 Like

Re: 3 Things More Valuable Than Money by ayanbaba2(m): 7:12am On Jul 26, 2015
seconded..... You are on point....

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things More Valuable Than Money by MsBliss(f): 8:28am On Jul 26, 2015
Peace Of Mind

1 Like

Re: 3 Things More Valuable Than Money by Dyt(f): 8:38am On Jul 26, 2015
Nothing beats the joy from within

I learnt money is not all
I have had money
I had become penniless

I have so realised money doesn't give you all that
Yes its a necessity
We all love money
Ofcus I do
But with my little life experience, money is not it all for me

1 Like

Re: 3 Things More Valuable Than Money by funlord(m): 8:43am On Jul 26, 2015
grin See all these broke posters above me consoling themselves along with the op? If una like no go arrange una selves!
Re: 3 Things More Valuable Than Money by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
Being in love with Ibiye, was like holding unto an egg and walking on a single rope between two cliffs with an avalanche happening fifty feet below.
You were never quite sure what it is that drew you to her.
You knew it wasn’t a passing feeling, infact this was the perfect rib bone that had been removed from you without your permission.
She was sculptured from that rib bone.
She completed you.
The choice of loving her wasn’t one you made, you just did. It was fate.

You had the ‘FEAR’ that confirmed to you that your life would end if you lost her.
The ‘FEAR’ which struck your mid rib and make you loose breathe appetite, when you heard her talk about this new guy at the office that was so fascinating.
The ‘FEAR’ that caused your head to loose focus when she had that accident on third mainland bridge last month and the paramedics had, had to cut the car open to get her out.
The ‘FEAR’ that stole your breathe when you stepped with her beside you to SHERATON IKEJA for the symposium on ‘Literature and Arts’ last weekend and all the male eyes were trained on her.
That ‘FEAR’ that always crushed you when she saw her menstrual period every month, because you knew she wasn’t pregnant. Even after you had pretended to be carried away and released inside her.
Because you were scared of that fascinating guy stealing her away from you.
That if she died you wouldn’t be able to go on living.
And if she should discover her allure and the power she wields over men, she just might not find you fulfilling anymore.
You wished and prayed every weekend when you searched her bags and the closets for her birth control pills that she just would conceive and save you the pains you went through as you flushed them down the drain.
You were tired of this weekend arrangement and badly wanted her wearing your ring, carrying your children and living with you.
But that evening when you tell her you want her as your wife, she laughs and says your teeth is whiter and what have you been using.
This was the eighth time you had brought up this issue this year (it was mid july), and it always went no where. But because of ‘THAT FEAR’ you pretend you didn’t say anything and tell her instead that you had switched to ‘COLGATE’ and wasn’t it nicer…

This story is not purely fiction, and it is not purely real. It is rather a combination of both. And this lady does exist.
Alero Ajems Arubi
Copyright July 2015

Ministerpelumi, divepen1, msbliss, troy20.

www.rainafather.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things More Valuable Than Money by MrAnonTAC: 7:10am On Jul 27, 2015
whats the right section
Stevaz01:
Bros.. This is in the wrong section

Thank u for sharing this.. At least, I won't fall prey of such..

@lalasticlala do the needful.. This is a great lesson for a sunday morning

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Manage Church Ladies, I Want To Repent For Crying Out Loud. Help Needed / The Gynaecologist??:'( :'( / Ghanaian, 80-yr-old Father Of 100 Children Says He's Strong Enough To Have More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.