Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Wat Do Atheists Believe In - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wat Do Atheists Believe In (2495 Views)

Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings / When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Ama80(f): 10:26am On Jul 26, 2015
Wat works for atheists and how n by which means do they overcome their difficulties.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by menesheh(m): 10:32am On Jul 26, 2015
We doubt your sky fairy and mumbo-jumbo claims, that's all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by kolajamesjnr(m): 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
menesheh:
Tell em bruv grin

2 Likes

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
Atheists such as myself are just human like you who also face everyday problems and challenges but we face our problems bravely and not use a god as cowardice defense mechanism,A wise man once told me 2hands at work is more effective than 2thousand hands closed in prayer.

Secondly I'm proud to let you know we atheist believe in DISBELIEF reason why? Because my brain runs on logic 0s(operating system) and secondly I done study to realize their is "lie" in the middle of belief.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
They believe they actually believe there is no God.

What works for them is believing they have succeeded in lying to themselves that there is no God.

Lastly, they think they overcome their difficulties by googling and attacking those who believe in God.

#Hope I've answered all your questions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Eddlad: 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
Am a Christian when am in difficulty I don't embark on a 40 days dry fast, I change my methods and approach to the issue so I presume an atheist would do same Christianity doesn't exist to solve issues but for salvation.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Gaborone:

What works for them is believing they have succeeded in lying to themselves that there is no God.

Lastly, they think they overcome their difficulties by googling and attacking those who believe in God.

You never intelligently answered her question,you just told her what she already know.

1 Like

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by edcode(f): 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
Gaborone:
They believe they actually believe there is no Flying spaghetti monster.

What works for them is believing they have succeeded in lying to themselves that there is no Flying spaghetti monster.

Lastly, they think they overcome their difficulties by googling and attacking those who believe in Flying spaghetti monster.

There. Fixed that for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
edcode:

There. Fixed that for you.

You might have wasted your time touching my original post, cos I read only a line of your counterfeit.

Perhaps next time you could ask for permission?

I will be sticking with my original post. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
aaronson:
You never intelligently answered her question,you just told her what she already know.

Your opinion is not law. Sorry.

Perhaps you should intelligently add an 's' to your last word. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by onetrack(m): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ama80:
Wat works for atheists and how n by which means do they overcome their difficulties.

We use our brains (reason, logic, and knowledge) to solve our problems. That does not mean we can solve all of our problems, but we don't pray for divine intervention. It has worked very well for me.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
i personally believe in common sense.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
Gaborone:

Your opinion is not law. Sorry.

Perhaps you should intelligently add an 's' to your last word. Thanks.
I was talking past tense and not present continuous tense so "S" isn't suppose to be added however,my opinion wasn't legal bound neither was it arbitrary so your law claim is really invalid in this context unless you wanna sue your church for keeping you this delude.

1 Like

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by davien(m): 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
@Ama80,
When i was a christian,anything you'd here about atheists would be utter misrepresentations,exaggerations,and/or generalizations...that's how you get someone like gaborone whom sees atheists as people who actively lie to themselves.

So the question should be,how do people who actively "lie to themselves" get past those who claim to have "all the answers" or claim to get "revelation" from a "god/gods who does"....

2 Likes

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by An2elect2(f): 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
Gaborone:

OP this is your answer.

May i add:
1,They believe in nothing.

2, no man has ever done a thing in the name of atheism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by parisbookaddict(f): 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ama80:

I am not an atheists but I have engaged many of them to know what their "tenets" are

Hedonism
Nihilism
Individualism
Relativism

Plus they also believe they are decendents of apes/monkeys by evolution or trans-mutation as originally theorized by charles darwin.

1 Like

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Freksy(m): 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
menesheh:

Most 'atheists' like you on nairaland are not atheists, but debaters that have merely chosen to speak against god in any god related subject under consideration.

YOU and church goers who have such doubts have a lot and a name in common.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by menesheh(m): 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
Freksy:

Most 'atheists' like you on nairaland are not atheists, but debaters that have merely chosen to speak against god in any god related subject under consideration.

YOU and church goers who have such doubts have a lot and a name in common.

Yes, we are quasi-atheist who believe in pluto fairy. We preaches like church goers yes. Hope you are ok now.

1 Like

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Freksy(m): 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
menesheh:

Yes, we are quasi-atheist who believe in pluto fairy. We preaches like church goers yes. Hope you are ok now.

This is religious forum, thus you don't need to remind me that you also preach.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by menesheh(m): 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
Freksy:

Yea i do but i don't hold any believe. I try raising consciousness.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Freksy(m): 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
menesheh:

Yea i do but i don't hold any believe. I try raising consciousness.

You lie! Everyone believes in something.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Ama80(f): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
aaronson:
Atheists such as myself are just human like you who also face everyday problems and challenges but we face our problems bravely and not use a god as cowardice defense mechanism,A wise man once told me 2hands at work is more effective than 2thousand hands closed in prayer.

Secondly I'm proud to let you know we atheist believe in DISBELIEF reason why? Because my brain runs on logic 0s(operating system) and secondly I done study to realize their is "lie" in the middle of belief.
is it right to assume you are all successfull people since u run on os and 2 hands at work theory.how do handle enemies in d villages esp diabolical uncles?do u abhor sins or anything like sins?
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Ama80(f): 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
Gaborone:

not at all
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Ama80(f): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
parisbookaddict:

I am not an atheists but I have engaged many of them to know what their "tenets" are

Hedonism
Nihilism
Individualism
Relativism

Plus they also believe they are decendents of apes/monkeys by evolution or trans-mutation as originally theorized by charles darwin.

like homosapiens,
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Ama80(f): 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
Freksy:

hop he fixes dat
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Ama80(f): 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
aaronson:
I was talking past tense and not present continuous tense so "S" isn't suppose to be added however,my opinion wasn't legal bound neither was it arbitrary so your law claim is really invalid in this context unless you wanna sue your church for keeping you this delude.
perhaps knew.i got ur point anyway.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by johnydon22(m): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ama80:
[b]I have been reading answers here and only aaronson seem to give an answer others were just attacking atheists or laying misconcepted notions about atheism and atheist instead of answering the question, let me give it from my own point of view.

We are in planet earth where people wish for magical way out of problems and circumstances thereby playing the victim's card, but a critical look at things will show you that nothing will solve your problems unless you put an effort into it yourself and if it works it is sorely your doing.

If you do not move that cup nothing will move it for you it will remain stationary until you move it, if you don't work on your circumstances nothing will do that for you.

I am an atheist and I don't wait around for anything or deity to solve my problems for me because as you know I don't believe or think they exist. any deity should be able to say "hi" first before solving problems.

So I am responsible for my circumstances and conditions . I take full responsibility for all my actions and I try to solve my problems myself, help from other people are also a huge plus because people are real
[/b]

Ama80:
is it right to assume you are all successfull people since u run on os and 2 hands at work theory.how do handle enemies in d villages esp diabolical uncles?do u abhor sins or anything like sins?
Successful people are in every dimension of varying ideologies it has nothing to do with atheism or theism. speaking of myself I live a very exciting and spontaneous life free from any psychological depency on abstract concepts like deities to solve my problems. so successful or not successful is all my responsibility.

about the diabolical uncle stuff, most of us are not superstitious so we do not share that you idea of uncles or anyone affecting your life through any nonsensical diobolical means. we live our lives without such stupendous fears of something that isn't there.

about sins; we do not share the religious idea of sins because what religion consider sin most times have no moral weight on that action.
what I consider good or bad is how you treat people and the world around you so I try to live my life in a way that I don't hurt anyone.
and when I offend anybody I apologize to them instead of a deity

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ama80:
You basically asking me about my everyday life lol,right let me make your mind drift a little.

Being atheist doesn't make anyone look successful but rather success is sure with the type of analytical brain we possess. Reason why? Like you already know our brain runs on logic 0s and so we are able to critically think out and figure out inconsistencies and contradictions to resolving problems. I'm not tryna make it look like only atheists possess this type of brain because am no smarter than you I just happen to study more,think deeper and debunk religion.

Secondly,How do I handle diabolical/fetish enemies from the. Village? This is as funny as comedy central anyways let me answer this,if not that your pastor or the church has polluted your mind that the village is responsible for your misfortune or whatsoever you would critically deal with it,what do I mean? Atheists don't believe in the supernatural,metaphysical,diabolica,fetish,afterlife and your god! The basis of religion is fear and so you accept the village myth because religion has successful murdered your analytical mind and set fear paralysis in it,The village diabolical and fetish whatever isn't real but what makes it real and effective is the believe and fear you have In it,your pastor in church would even tell you if you don't believe in their juju it won't work same way if you don't believe in god you as good as untouchable because none of those things are real but just to subdue you to fear,hypnotize your subconsciousness and make you respect them to get things off you. For example,if the village whatever was effective don't you think the herbalist would enrich himself more than dangote than milking you out your hard earned money? Be wise!!!

Lastly,Atheists don't abhor sin neither we condone it,we human and live by the principle of morality and sometimes being human you just have to snap back at anybody who wanna take you for a ride or maybe have fun at places you theists believes its ungodly because your bible/pastor told you so,that's hypocrite because your pastor is not even holy than you,we all human and in that light,we are advanced breed of animals who happen to think and seek the best and by so doing you manipulate your fellow man or your environment to be the cream de la cream of the same specie,that's what religion and politics is all about.I live by morality and morality is innate because no body ever told me not to kill my mother because innately I know if I do it I would miss her forever so I won't try it that means I don't even need religion to know what's good and bad.

I hope have been able to satisfy your curiosity and if you wanna turn atheist you welcome,it only takes your brain to think further and outside the box unlike the average thinker who thinks 25th december is jesus birthday.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by johnydon22(m): 6:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
Freksy:

You lie! Everyone believes in something.
If this be the case as you have made it compulsory everybody must believe in something then I have a couple of things I can list out.

I believe in the beauty and goodness in the world
I believe in love
I believe in babies
I believe in mum and dad
I believe in friends
I believe in my girl friend

many things

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ama80:
perhaps knew.i got ur point anyway.
Need I remind you I used "already" which should make a learned reader understand its past tense.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]I have been reading answers here and only aaronson seem to give an answer others were just attacking atheists or laying misconcepted notions about atheism and atheist instead of answering the question, let me give it from my own point of view.

We are in planet earth where people wish for magical way out of problems and circumstances thereby playing the victim's card, but a critical look at things will show you that nothing will solve your problems unless you put an effort into it yourself and if it works it is sorely your doing.

If you do not move that cup nothing will move it for you it will remain stationary until you move it, if you don't work on your circumstances nothing will do that for you.

I am an atheist and I don't wait around for anything or deity to solve my problems for me because as you know I don't believe or think they exist. any deity should be able to say "hi" first before solving problems.

So I am responsible for my circumstances and conditions . I take full responsibility for all my actions and I try to solve my problems myself, help from other people are also a huge plus because people are real
[/b]

Successful people are in every dimension of varying ideologies it has nothing to do with atheism or theism. speaking of myself I live a very exciting and spontaneous life free from any psychological depency on abstract concepts like deities to solve my problems. so successful or not successful is all my responsibility.

about the diabolical uncle stuff, most of us are not superstitious so we do not share that you idea of uncles or anyone affecting your life through any nonsensical diobolical means. we live our lives without such stupendous fears of something that isn't there.

about sins; we do not share the religious idea of sins because what religion consider sin most times have no moral weight on that action.
what I consider good or bad is how you treat people and the world around you so I try to live my life in a way that I don't hurt anyone.
and when I offend anybody I apologize to them instead of a deity
salute bro,you nailed it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Ama80(f): 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
aaronson:
You basically asking me about my everyday life lol,right let me make your mind drift a little.

Being atheist doesn't make anyone look successful but rather success is sure with the type of analytical brain we possess. Reason why? Like you already know our brain runs on logic 0s and so we are able to critically think out and figure out inconsistencies and contradictions to resolving problems. I'm not tryna make it look like only atheists possess this type of brain because am no smarter than you I just happen to study more,think deeper and debunk religion.

Secondly,How do I handle diabolical/fetish enemies from the. Village? This is as funny as comedy central anyways let me answer this,if not that your pastor or the church has polluted your mind that the village is responsible for your misfortune or whatsoever you would critically deal with it,what do I mean? Atheist don't believe in the supernatural,metaphysical,diabolica,fetish,afterlife and your god! The basis of religion is fear and so the you accept the village myth because religion has successful murdered your analytical mind and set fear paralysis in it,The village diabolical and fetish whatever isn't real but what makes it real and effective is the believe and fear you have In it,your pastor in church would even tell you if you don't believe in their juju it won't work same way if you don't believe in god you as good as untouchable because none of those things are real but just to subdue you to fear,hypnotize your subconsciousness and make you respect them. For example,if the village whatever was effective don't you think the herbalist would enrich himself more than dangote than milking you out your hard earned money? Be wise!!!

Lastly,Atheists don't abhor sin neither we condone it,we human and live by the principle of morality and sometimes being human you just have to snap back at anybody who wanna take you for a ride or maybe have fun at places you theists believes its ungodly because your bible/pastor told you so,that's hypocrite because your pastor is not even holy than you,we all human and in that light,we are advance breed of animals who happen to think and seek the best and by so doing you manipulate your fellow man or your environment to be the cream de la cream of the same specie,that's what religion and politics is all about.I live by morality and morality is innate because no body ever told me not to kill my mother becasue innately I know if I do it I would miss her forever so I won't try it that means I don't even need religion to know what's good and bad.

I hope have been able to satisfy your curiosity and if you wanna turn atheist you welcome,it only takes your brain to think further and outside the box unlike the average thinker who thinks 25th december is jesus birthday.
I'm only searching for knowledge and don't consider porting cos i ve witnsed God's factor in my life so ,i believe in him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'babalawos' - Pastor Who Bought Wife Lamborgini Begs For Money, Freeze Reacts / Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris / Muskeeto, What Finally Made You An Atheist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.