Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Wat Do Atheists Believe In - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wat Do Atheists Believe In (2505 Views)

Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings / When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Freksy(m): 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:
If this be the case as you have made it compulsory everybody must believe in something then I have a couple of things I can list out.

I believe in the beauty and goodness in the world
I believe in love
I believe in babies
I believe in mum and dad
I believe in friends
I believe in my girl friend

many things

What thing in the afore-listed is not something?
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ama80:
I'm only searching for knowledge and don't consider porting cos i ve witnsed God's factor in my life so ,i believe in him.
I was once like you until I realized that god factor you talking about is really the unknown which I prolly think you searching for,don't worry in due time you'd understand and for you to understand don't search for knowledge because you have it already embedded in you just fight the power with the embedded knowledge In you,until then your destiny is written in the pages of the bible.

1 Like

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by johnydon22(m): 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
aaronson:
I was once like you until I realized that god factor you talking about is really the unknown which I prolly think you searching for,don't worry in due time you'd understand and for you to understand don't search for knowledge because you have it already embedded in you just fight the power with the embedded knowledge In you,until then your destiny is written in the pages of the bible.
The god factors are just events of providence and chance she just choose to attribute to a God, you can as well attribute it to the flying pink unicorn and it becomes the unicorn factor and help root your conviction in the belief of the flying unicorn . . . Its quite funny !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:
The god factors are just events of providence and chance she just choose to attribute to a God, you can as well attribute it to the flying pink unicorn and it becomes the unicorn factor and help root your conviction in the belief of the flying unicorn . . . Its quite funny !!!
hahahahahahahhahaha quite hilarious
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by davien(m): 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
An2elect2:

OP this is your answer.

May i add:
1,They believe in nothing.

2, no man has ever done a thing in the name of atheism.
wow,it's not everyday you make an honest post. smiley
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by simplex2: 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
This is where religious folks get it wrong: the believe that everyone must believe in something.
Atheism is not a dogma, there's no 'believe' in it.

Ama80:
I'm only searching for knowledge and don't consider porting cos i ve witnsed God's factor in my life so ,i believe in him.

The same way you reject all other gods apart from yours is the same way other religion reject all other gods (including yours) except theirs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by herald9: 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]I have been reading answers here and only aaronson seem to give an answer others were just attacking atheists or laying misconcepted notions about atheism and atheist instead of answering the question, let me give it from my own point of view.

We are in planet earth where people wish for magical way out of problems and circumstances thereby playing the victim's card, but a critical look at things will show you that nothing will solve your problems unless you put an effort into it yourself and if it works it is sorely your doing.

If you do not move that cup nothing will move it for you it will remain stationary until you move it, if you don't work on your circumstances nothing will do that for you.

I am an atheist and I don't wait around for anything or deity to solve my problems for me because as you know I don't believe or think they exist. any deity should be able to say "hi" first before solving problems.

So I am responsible for my circumstances and conditions . I take full responsibility for all my actions and I try to solve my problems myself, help from other people are also a huge plus because people are real
[/b]

Successful people are in every dimension of varying ideologies it has nothing to do with atheism or theism. speaking of myself I live a very exciting and spontaneous life free from any psychological depency on abstract concepts like deities to solve my problems. so successful or not successful is all my responsibility.

about the diabolical uncle stuff, most of us are not superstitious so we do not share that you idea of uncles or anyone affecting your life through any nonsensical diobolical means. we live our lives without such stupendous fears of something that isn't there.

about sins; we do not share the religious idea of sins because what religion consider sin most times have no moral weight on that action.
what I consider good or bad is how you treat people and the world around you so I try to live my life in a way that I don't hurt anyone.
and when I offend anybody I apologize to them instead of a deity
Gbam! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by johnydon22(m): 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
Gaborone:
They believe they actually believe there is no God.

Lol funny, I don't BELIEVE that i believe that there is no God.

Rather I KNOW that i disbelieve that there is until proven
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by kanaleke(m): 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:
Lol funny, I don't BELIEVE that i believe that there is no God.

Rather I KNOW that i disbelieve that there is until proven
and it shall be proven to you sooner or later.....it really baffles me how you guys think.....lemme ask u "the breath dat u take now and den,the sky and beauty of dx earth,did all these mentioned,magically came 2 existence.....Pharaoh of Egypt(had connection to God's existence) that is closer 2 you,was his existence also a fairy tale??" wake up mate!!!
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by cold(m): 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
It's simple,there is no god. No ifs,buts or maybes. Like others have alluded to,when we have problems,rather than talking to ourselves in the guise of prayers to some skydaddy, we take matters into our hands and deal with it head on. Funny enough,theists still try to solve their problems themselves after endless cycles of prayers. The tag it 'faith without work is dead'. It begs the question,if you still have to physically solve your problem,what then is the purpose of faith and recycled prayers? Why not just go ahead and deal with the problem?
Truth is people pray not because prayer works but it's just a placebo which gives the prayee a psychological benefit of taking the yoke of his shoulders and handing it over to a superior being. It has no physiological nor therapeutic effect. When you're done dissipating your energy supplicating to your skydaddy,your problems will still be there waiting for you to get off your knees and getting down to the real task of actually solving them.

1 Like

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by cold(m): 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ahh..Johnydon22, i guess we were thinking & typing the same thing ..lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by An2elect2(f): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
davien:
wow,it's not everyday you make an honest post. smiley

honest and terrifying!
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Ama80(f): 10:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:
dnt ridicule wat I believe in pls,it's my choice and my belief in him actually works for me.it wasn't a providence but a clear case of God's intervention.i pray u witness it someday.

1 Like

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by johnydon22(m): 7:26am On Jul 27, 2015
Ama80:
dnt ridicule wat I believe in pls,it's my choice and my belief in him actually works for me.it wasn't a providence but a clear case of God's intervention.i pray u witness it someday.
I am not in anyway ridiculing your beliefs please, i very much understand that position because i have been there. . . it's not in anyway ridicule, i respect that.

Same way you have your conviction is exactly same way a muslim have his own conviction in Allah and a hindu in Brahma, am sure everyone thinks just like you that it works for them that is the delusion in belief, attributing mundane and everyday events to the mythical God each worships.

You pray i witness what? I have been a theist before my dear enough to see the delusion and implausibility of it all, i do not in anyway attribute acts of providence, chance and the results of others hard work and mine to any mythical being, i give the credit to the people who actually made it happen.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by johnydon22(m): 7:29am On Jul 27, 2015
kanaleke:
and it shall be proven to you sooner or later.....it really baffles me how you guys think.....lemme ask u "the breath dat u take now and den,the sky and beauty of dx earth,did all these mentioned,magically came 2 existence.....Pharaoh of Egypt(had connection to God's existence) that is closer 2 you,was his existence also a fairy tale??" wake up mate!!!
Wow bro i must say you might be old enough but your reasoning and constructiveness is quite naive and very childish. . . Please try reasoning independently next time cus this post sounds like a kid wrote it down
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by menesheh(m): 7:37am On Jul 27, 2015
kanaleke:

At your age, you can't distinguish facts from fiction. You are scammer's best customer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by chinnyonwu(m): 7:27am On Jul 31, 2015
i believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Your God is so clueless, prone to anger and makes a lot of bad decisions.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Ama80(f): 4:32am On Aug 04, 2015
chinnyonwu:
i believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Your God is so clueless, prone to anger and makes a lot of bad decisions.
I don't know d god u r refering to cos we hav many but d lord I serve is a merciful God,slow to anger m compassionate.I don't know ur experience though but find peace with God.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by ezehy: 7:21am On Aug 04, 2015
anything dat happens in dis has d backing from d spirit so everyone has a spirit in control of them, even d athiest
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by frank317: 7:59am On Aug 04, 2015
johnydon22:
Wow bro i must say you might be old enough but your reasoning and constructiveness is quite naive and very childish. . . Please try reasoning independently next time cus this post sounds like a kid wrote it down

Seriously... Even my eight years old kid brother cannot type such rubbish. I think he needs serious help.

1 Like

Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by frank317: 8:02am On Aug 04, 2015
Ama80:
I don't know d god u r refering to cos we hav many but d lord I serve is a merciful God,slow to anger m compassionate.I don't know ur experience though but find peace with God.

You obviously have not read the bible. The downfall of man is one of his numerous mistakes and Noah's flood is a result of irrational anger
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by chinnyonwu(m): 8:08am On Aug 04, 2015
Ama80:
I don't know d god u r refering to cos we hav many but d lord I serve is a [b]merciful God,slow to anger m compassionate[/b]I don't know ur experience though but find peace with God.
You are still repeating what they taught you 15years ago at Sunday school.
You mean your Bible doesnt contain where he killed people instantly for minor offences, destroyed the earth with water?
Compassionate you say? Too bad old Moses couldnt enter the promise land after all he had helped accomplish. A lot of yall are gonno burn in hell forever and ever because you held a grudge.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the one true merciful and compassionate God. Period.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2015
Everything is an illusion....

Create your illusions yourself and believe in yourself. Don't relegate yourself to the level of a programmed robot.

You're a master mind. You're unique.

My goodness..... LIFE'S SO GOOD.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Ama80(f): 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
emrain:
Everything is an illusion....

Create your illusions yourself and believe in yourself. Don't relegate yourself to the level of a programmed robot.

You're a master mind. You're unique.

My goodness..... LIFE'S SO GOOD.
I can't engage u in argument cos u ve made ur choice and as an adult u r may not be able to convince u.all I'm not here to convince anybody anyway,I was just curious.my lord is sweet n loving all d same.
Re: Wat Do Atheists Believe In by Dekatron(m): 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
I believe in myself and decisions i make

since i became an atheist, i am smarter in decision making than when I was a CHURCH BOY

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Ramadan Prove Muhmmad Is A Fraud? / Where Can I Get The Original 6th & 7th Book Of Moses / Lagos-ibadan Expressway: Rccg & Mfm: Whats The Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.