Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:53 PM

My Open Letter To Our Religious Leaders Concerning Terrorism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Open Letter To Our Religious Leaders Concerning Terrorism (561 Views)

Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ / Should Our Religious Centres Be Made To Pay Taxes / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Open Letter To Our Religious Leaders Concerning Terrorism by Conner44: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2015
I woke up yesterday morning and remembered the dream I had the night before (which is very unusual for me because I rarely do) and in that dream I was out on the street in a particular area which I don't remember among a huge crowd and everyone was looking up at the podium to see and hear a wonderful smiling president making a speech. Now I am a Nigerian and I have never traveled outside this country before so I presume it was a Nigerian president although I can't recall the face of that particular man I saw making that announcement.

We all heard him say something about "the final conclusion of our present terrorism issue and he gave special kudos to some clerics of both the Muslim and Christian faith of which another crowd of people were ushered unto the stage and everyone in the crowd were shouting and singing praises to God for the news and commending members of the crowd surrounding the president on that stage with statements like "that's my pastor", "Allah be praised", "glory be to God" etc among hymns and joyous celebration among us in the crowd watching them up there. Now I can not mention names of anyone on that stage because I couldn't see their faces clearly (I don't know why) but the dream seemed so real to me. All I know is that right there on that stage were various people dressed in various attires both traditional and western and they were all holding hands together, I observed men and women in suites, kaftans, robes, cassocks, etc, with bibles and quoran visible everywhere I looked and every single one of them were holding hands and smiling together while we all sang along to the same joyous songs and hymns all in one voice. . . It was beautiful.

After I woke up I immediately knelt down beside my bed and prayed to God to make that dream a reality in my life and I felt a new motivation within my spirit. I now wish to say something very important to us all. . . To everyone in Nigeria and the world at large.

We are having terrorism as a major problem both in this country and out of it, in fact 40% of the countries in this world have this same issue and for years it has not been resolved, reduced or effective means by those that are in charge. This is very troubling because everyone of us experiencing this problem have been using the same tactics and advancing on those same tactics to combat terrorism all to no avail. I am talking about the world Wide phenomenon of using the military to fight them. The military are trying but we all see they still have a very long way to go before they can effectively halt terrorist activities all around the globe. It is not as it I am blaming them or saying they are incompetent but I have a feeling that the resolution to the world's (especially Nigeria's) terrorism issues is way above the capabilities of the military to solve. This insight brings me to my next line of thought.

I direct this question to our religious leaders in Nigeria and the whole world at large. . . "what are we doing to release the country from this cancerous bandage called terrorism". . . Is it just by organizing prayer session in church and telling our congregation to kneel for a few seconds to say a few words with closed eyes and clasped palms directed up to our creator for deliverance from the bandage of terrorism which is eating up our country and threatening to divide and destroy us? What happened to your calling? What happened to evangelism? What happened to "winning a soul for God"? What happened to" taking the good news to every corner of the earth be it in the light or dark regions? What happened to "leaving the 999 sheep in your herd and going out into the wilderness to seek that 1 lost sheep"? What happened to preaching peace and love plus the way to the heavens where your creator instructed you to call your brethren to? I mean. . . You were called, just like the apostles and Saints and prophets of old weren't you? So why is our present generation of clerics and religious faithfuls falling behind or out of line from the God given directive they received in their own various ways and manners? I know I am not perfect and I am a sinner and I too require salvation but so also do those deceived, confused and paranoid terrorists we all read, watch and hear about on the TV, radio and magazines. They are flesh and blood with a should just like everyone else living on this earth so why don't we give them the equal opportunity to repent and follow the way or truth which has been laid out for us all?

In the Bible I read of all the apostles of the new testament and prophets of the old testament plus see history of the saints and I observed only one thing among all of them. . . They were NEVER AFRAID to take the word of salvation to the deepest, scariest, darkest and most hostile areas and lands of their own time.

My dear pastors, Imams, reverends, Bishops, alfars, evangelists etc. . . THIS IS OUR TIME and we have to do our own best to fulfil our destiny of bring the lost sheep back to the herd.

People may read my letter and say to themselves "this person is crazy" but I have to say this all the same. . . The way our religious leaders are going about trying to do their part to stop our terrorism problems is not enough. We are tired of only saying prayers for those confused souls bombing, beheading, raping, kidnapping and killing our fellow brothers and sisters all in the name of whatever they believe in. Those people are NOT THEMSELVES and are following the wrong path mostly because it is the ONLY path they know and this has made them believe in it. Talk to most of the captured terrorists and find out they have had prior problems before seeking terrorism as a means to find closure. Most were suicidal, from broken homes, lost loved ones, victims of war, hated by their society for various reasons, cast aways (exiled), discriminated against etc and all these things can make a mind crack and turn bitter towards their fellow man. What I am trying to say is that these people need help. . . Direct help from well meaning people for them to find their way back to the path of our creator and we are the ones to help them there with THE WORD OF GOD and not GUNS. there is a saying that "an eye for an eye makes everyone go blind" and it's the truth.

So what can we do to help the unfortunate terrorists back to the right path (apart from killing them which is against better judgement of all TRUE religious men) in the world today?. . . I know for sure that we will all need to go right into the heart of the beast and try to tame it. How do we do this? By contact evangelism and direct prayers ONLY. I know it sounds like a suicide mission but being called by God and fulfilling your destiny was NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE EASY. Take Christ for example, he gave his life for us to be saved. . . Not just terrorists but all sinners both old and young, rich and poor, sick and healthy, black and white etc.. . Some will say Christ was pure and chaste all that and it is true but remember he was flesh and blood just like you, me and those poor terrorists out there. What do we all have in common? We are all sinners alike. . . Ever last one of us on earth.

Okay, let's leave Christ aside and take a look at the apostles, how many of them went and opened up a church in a corner of their country and ministered to their people only? How many of them married, had kids and stayed with their families? How many of them didn't travel to spread the word of God? How many of them were not prosecuted? How many of them were not murdered? How many of them died comfortable deaths? My dear religious leaders ask yourselves HOW MANY OF THE WERE DENIED BY GOD? ask yourselves these questions and realize the cowardice has transcended the calling most of you received from God. . . But Why?

What stops us from organizing the few brave followers of the word that we can see and marching into the heart of the North East (terrorist strongholds around the world) and taking the good news straight to the lost souls there? They are living in darkness and THEY ALL KNOW it. . . The difference is they want to spread the darkness which they see into the light which they can't see but God has given us instructions to stop them. . . Not with HATE but with LOVE, not with GUNS but with the WORD, not SLUGGISHLY but WITH SPEED for there is no time both for us or for them. Must we wait for a miracle to happen from above while we are all the ones mandated to bring down the miracles ourselves?

Well I am not going to write much more although I could. I am personally going to write and send this letter to all the religious leaders in my area and let them know that I am willing to accompany an well meaning and courageous God fearing people. . . Both men and women, boys and girls who wish to do part in spreading the good news to the poor terrorists in the world but I will start from those in my country. I want the problem of terrorism to end in my generation because I believe my dream was showing me it can be done. LET US JOIN TOGETHER, BOTH CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS AND EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES IN THE WORD OF OUR GOD AND PEACE AND LIFE EVERLASTING TO TAKE THE PEACE, LIGHT AND LOVE OF OF GOD TO THE HEARTS OF TERRORISTS EVERYWHERE and make at least a single soul to turn towards God and return to grace so that our rewards may be abundant in heaven where we all belong.

Let us shelve our tribal differences, idealistic differences, religious differences, age differences, national differences and DO THIS FOR US all because with the faith of a MUSTARD speed we will surely MOVE THE MOUNTAIN in front of us.

I pray for a better Nigeria, a safe Nigeria a wonderful world for us and our generation yet unborn. . . AMEN!

before I forget, did I mention that I never saw a single person wearing any format of a military uniform in the dream I had? Kudos to our armed forces. . . We know you need all the help you can get.

Thank you for reading.
Re: My Open Letter To Our Religious Leaders Concerning Terrorism by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2015
Cc: lalaticlala
Re: My Open Letter To Our Religious Leaders Concerning Terrorism by coolestrogue(m): 10:57am On Jul 26, 2015
Summary or I don't believe
Re: My Open Letter To Our Religious Leaders Concerning Terrorism by ismokeweed1(f): 9:26am On Jul 27, 2015
Op, do you want to commit suicide ontop boko harams matter? Don't expect our 'private jet' flying pastors to assist you oh!

Highest they would do is to take you on their jet and drop you with a parachute and a bible directly on top shekau's roof.

Nice dream anyways.

Cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 28th Of July 2015 / ' / It’s Against Our Religion To Search For Husbands –Aneke Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.