Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,584 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (64576 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 12:34am On Mar 19, 2009
Cristalz:

Lemme hear you say jack about United and ref favoritism the next time an offside goal gets called in our favor tongue
When it's United y'all will be screaming like your only means of livelihood just got wiped off the face of the earth, but when it's your club, hey, it's all fine and dandy.  .  .after all, such things happen. *hiss* grin
It rarely happens in our favor!! for every one of such incident that happens to Arsenal i would point three that has happened in favor of Utd!! Refs are just naturally clumsy when they officiate your games grin grin

switch47:

AUNTY blues which levels na?? he dey your body, he dey my body!! so make we leave matter for martter--------una dey celebrate man united loss forgetting that spurs and arsenal will soon deal with you chelsea fc in league and FA cup!!!! grin i beg go breast feed that your pikin wey be like DROGBA grin
Dude was that necessary? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:57am On Mar 19, 2009
Cristalz:

Lemme hear you say jack about United and ref favoritism the next time an offside goal gets called in our favor tongue
When it's United y'all will be screaming like your only means of livelihood just got wiped off the face of the earth, but when it's your club, hey, it's all fine and dandy. . .after all, such things happen. *hiss* grin
@ Cris
You would never see me blame a club for scoring an offside goal.
The offside rule sef is so damn confusing.I wonder if anyone can explain the rule as at today.It keeps changing
I will rather blame the ref and his assistants for being blind.
and blame the regulatory bodies for resisting video technology.
Why do you think refs like Webb,Wiley,Styles and co are now so popular.??
In fact, you can guess the likely outcome of some matches by IDENTIFYING who the 'man in black' is!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Emperoh(m): 9:00am On Mar 19, 2009
A-40:

It rarely happens in our favor!! for every one of such incident that happens to Arsenal i would point three that has happened in favor of Utd!! Refs are just naturally clumsy when they officiate your games grin grin
Dude was that necessary? grin grin grin
Now the next time i will hear any of you brag about Man u being favoured,
you will receive a serious ban from our in house mod!!! tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2009
we shall play Porto in the UCL . . .Hahahah . .i was joking o0o . . .but i hope we play a "smaller' club sha . . .honestly . . i nor dey fear o0o . . i just want my boss to be in better shape before they play the big guns . . .

UEFA . . .Give us Porto again . . . Because i don't see us playing MAN U,nor L'pool or even Chelsea . . .its most sure that Barca would play Vs Chelsea/MAN U
asrenal Vs Porto
L'pool Vs MAN U/B'munich
Villarel Vs Munich/Chelsea

that's my predictions o0o . . na tmrw be the draw o0o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2009
i am not scared cool

Let them give us any team. though i'll like to have bayern munich more. so we will bury Dayo for a while grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:44pm On Mar 19, 2009
Emperoh:

Now the next time i will hear any of you brag about Man u being favoured,
you will receive a serious ban from our in house mod!!! tongue tongue grin grin
This isn't your typical 'clear cut' decision. There is no way the linesman would be able to tell for sure who the ball came off - it's not like the blatant cases of being offside missed by an official.

You would need to watch FIVE replays at different angles to actually determine that the ball came off Djourou (AW still feels the ball came off Myhill) So taking that into consideration, this isn't officials cheating or even bad officiating. It is simply LUCK - the linesman wasn't sure and couldn't be sure and made a call for the attacking side.

Every club needs a lucky break from time to time, and we got it now. that's it.

Now enough of this matter and let's look forward. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 3:21pm On Mar 19, 2009
debosky:

This isn't your typical 'clear cut' decision. There is no way the linesman would be able to tell for sure who the ball came off - it's not like the blatant cases of being offside missed by an official.

Jesus Wept!!!!

If the line assistant wasn't sure who touched the ball. . . . . .Why did he give it??
The rule says don't give a GOAL if you aren't sure about what transpired. . . . . . .
Letz be honest. . . . . .The linesman gave the GOAL cos he didn't even know Gallas was offside NOT because he wasn't sure who had touched the ball between Myhill/Fabianski.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Jesus Wept!!!!

If the line assistant wasn't sure who touched the ball. . . . . .Why did he give it??
The rule says don't give a GOAL if you aren't sure about what transpired. . . . . . .
Letz be honest. . . . . .The linesman gave the GOAL cos he didn't even know Gallas was offside NOT because he wasn't sure who had touched the ball between Myhill/Fabianski.

1. Quote the rule you mentioned ok? The only 'rule' I know of is that when in doubt, give the attacking team the benefit of the doubt.

2. How do you know this? In my view, the linesman clearly saw Gallas' position, and he decided Myhill got the last touch hence it wasn't offside. Unless you have the lino's comments, you can't definitively say why he gave the goal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2009
Really,even if Gallas' goal had been disallowed,
I still think Arsenal would have gone ahead to win the match.
We had the momentum.
This sort of thing can only be sorted out when video technology comes in. cool
UNtil then, these kind of errors will continue in football. lipsrsealed
I said earlier that these stuffs even themselves out over the course of the season.
Adebayor's goal was perfect against Hull in the 1-2 defeat at the Emirates earlier in the season.
Who knows, we could have gone ahead to batter Hull 3/4-0 lipsrsealed
and all these rubbish wont have arisen.
Enough of this Hull s**t
We've got Newcastle at ST James' on saturday
and in fact, the CL draw takes place in less than 24 hours.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 7:48pm On Mar 19, 2009
I have a gut feeling it'll be chelsea. so we can play them 3 consecutive times
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 10:10pm On Mar 19, 2009
Whatever, HNIC et al grin I've sha said my own. . .let none of you scream PDP next time United get awarded an offside goal.

@Muki
Get Bayern? They will rip your team apart o. . .complete KO. Better wish for teams you actually have hope of handling, like Porto/ Villareal grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 7:28am On Mar 20, 2009
Cristalz:

Whatever, HNIC et al grin I've sha said my own. . .let none of you scream PDP next time United get awarded an offside goal.

@Muki
Get Bayern? They will rip your team apart o. . .complete KO. Better wish for teams you actually have hope of handling, like Porto/ Villareal grin

shocked shocked shocked
Say again.PDP
Criz you're looking for trouble ooo

To all the GOONERS in the house,good morrrrrrrrrrrrrrning
It's gonna be a bright,bright sun-shiney day

I don't care who we draw in the quarters,I'm confident we'll make it through
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2009
that's the spirit!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eyonigger(m): 11:01am On Mar 20, 2009
Am a Barca fan, but the guns are my family. The match against Hull, I went to a pub to watch it, it was 56 minutes then, saw 2 of my gunner friends, and I started yapping them, it was painful because I could feel it in their reaction, then I just made a very loud prediction in front of the crowd, I said arsenal will win by 2-1, and I even specified that V persie would score their first goal, can u imagine, soon as V persie scored, the guy beside me( a gunner fan) just grabbed me, and starts to hug me, saying all sorts of praising words, My ego was boosted, people started saying this guy na prophet, soon as gallas scored the disputed goal, man everybody was all over me, I went home with a bottle of champagne, he be lyk sey na jazz i use. Gunnerz 4 una 4 lyf.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 11:04am On Mar 20, 2009
eyonigger:

Am a Barca fan, but the guns are my family. The match against Hull, I went to a pub to watch it, it was 56 minutes then, saw 2 of my gunner friends, and I started yapping them, it was painful because I could feel it in their reaction, then I just made a very loud prediction in front of the crowd, I said arsenal will win by 2-1, and I even specified that V persie would score their first goal, can u imagine, soon as V persie scored, the guy beside me( a gunner fan) just grabbed me, and starts to hug me, saying all sorts of praising words, My ego was boosted, people started saying this guy na prophet, soon as gallas scored the disputed goal, man everybody was all over me, I went home with a bottle of champagne, he be lyk sey na jazz i use. Gunnerz 4 una 4 lyf.

Halleluyah!! The Lord is good brother! Feel free to leave to leave your 70,000 naira offering in the basket by the door.
Next testimony!!! grin grin

@rasputinn

LOL grin I didn't start the PDP thing o, it's the United haters that started it grin

@rasputinn

LOL grin I didn't start the PDP thing o, it's the United haters that started it grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:10am On Mar 20, 2009
Cristalz:

@Muki

i nor dey fear grin . .you are the one praying . . . grin knock out ke? bring on anyone . . cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 11:15am On Mar 20, 2009
Is anyone still chewing about ARSENAL?

Draws in a few minutes, i want MAN UNITED

Dear Lord, I WANT UNITED AND THEN LIVERPOOL IN THE FINAL
! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 11:29am On Mar 20, 2009
in your dreams!!!

I don't care what ever scenarios play out, the red and white army'll win the CL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:30am On Mar 20, 2009
I want Bayern - shutting up DK will give me immense pleasure. cheesy

Klose is out for six weeks, and Ribery will be taught a lesson as to what he missed out on by not joining the Arsenal. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 11:49am On Mar 20, 2009
who needs frank in our team?
the guy plays like he's a locomotive engine.

shutting DK up'll be fun,but then it's not priority.

hurray cesc is back http://www.arsenal.com/news/injury-news
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 12:14pm On Mar 20, 2009
am i seeing Villareal for u guys or whts this?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2009
Hahahahahahaha Cheksli would crying right now grin grin grin grin grin grin

Villareal!!! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 12:23pm On Mar 20, 2009
Oh now i can sleep easyyyyyyy.Not as if there is any easy draw again but Villareal is a good option.And the second leg is at the Emirate.

Man U vs Porto
Liverpool vs Chelsea
Barca vs B.Munich

SF:  Arsenal/Villareal vs Man U/Porto
     Liverpool/Chelsea vs Barca/B.Munich

I willl save my comment for later
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mayordee(m): 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2009
Arsenal, we are already in Rome with this draw, Go Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2009
cool cool cool cool cool

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Oh now i can sleep easyyyyyyy.Not as if there is any easy draw again but Villareal is a good option.And the second leg is at the Emirate.

Man U vs Porto
Liverpool vs Chelsea

grin grin grin grin grin grin
You want to know my prediction for that tie,well look again and see the colour I've highlighted with

Look what mamma brought home
So it's Villareal for us innit?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eyonigger(m): 12:31pm On Mar 20, 2009
You guys should not be too ammused, anything can happen, villareal aint no small club too yuno, just keep fingers crossed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2009
[img][/img]

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2009
We're one step closer to rome.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Akolawole(m): 12:59pm On Mar 20, 2009
@House

Where is Loyika

I am a bit worried
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2009
good Draw . .

are we playing the at home first? or away . .

i prefer we play Villareal in their house first and then they come to the Emirate . . .im excited . . grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2009
We are playing @ Vilareal 1st,How i wish Fab4 will be propa fit then

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (102)

Nairaland Fantasy Football League 2009/2010 / Brentford Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 13th August 2022 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.