Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (64567 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 10:51pm On Mar 17, 2009
This just defers your dissapointment.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2009
AA is just superb so unselfish.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by bawomolo(m): 10:55pm On Mar 17, 2009
officiating or not, we deserved to win this game.  Besides hull's lucky goal, we controlled the game while hull resorted to stalling tactics. We were clearly dominant in the 2nd half.  Gibbs and Diaby should have done better with their 2nd half chances. 

bendtner may be clumsy but he gets credit for facilitating the first goal. 

hull's coach need to stop whining jare, you should be happy to be allowed to use the Emirati's dressing room  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2009
We're going to Wembley,
We're going to Wembley.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Philly, Cos we're going to Wembley!!!  grin

FA cup drama sees Arsenal EQUAL the record for 26 Semi Final appearances.  cool

Lady Luck has finally swung back Arsenal's way!  cheesy

Doesn't matter how they go in, as long as they DO.  tongue

The linesman couldn't really tell if it came off the keeper or not, so he gave advantage to the ATTACKING team, which I believe was the right move at the moment.

Cheating, kicking, time wasting Hull got what they deserve. . . .a long and sad journey all the way to their Humble abode.  grin grin

PS Did I mention We're going to Wembley!!!! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by shabbie(m): 11:01pm On Mar 17, 2009
If there is no ARSENAL in heaven, then i'm not going!

these "theatre of NIGHTMARE" guys shuld stop. Haba! ur thread is big enuf to take ur spleen; vent it there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2009
shabbie:

grin grin grin

Now that is a true fan! cheesy

We're Going To Wembley!!!! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 11:06pm On Mar 17, 2009
@Debo

Did u see ur homie sauron,talking bout the officiating,when carol pulled a ball back after Ray charles confirmed is crossed the line,he didnt moan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 11:07pm On Mar 17, 2009
WE MADE IT!!! - The ROAD to SUCCESS aren't EASY . . . .It was Tough . .BUT WE SCALED THROUGH

GUNNERS 1800 tongue tongue

@Y'all  . .God bless you . . . .thanks for keeping the Arsenal spirit alive kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by bawomolo(m): 11:07pm On Mar 17, 2009
we need 2 win this game, a draw is not enough!
a replay at this congested business end of the season is so not cool!

this man never lied, where is the hatorade squad.  they just disappeared like manu's defense over the weekend  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by doyin13(m): 11:08pm On Mar 17, 2009
I thought Gayners could be redeemed but like I always suspected, they
are simply the flip side of a scummy slimy coin.

HULL. . . hold ur head up high, you have done ''Jerusalem'' proud, in true Pompey Spirit  cool cool cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ folly

who cares about sharon and his ranting? We're going to Wembley!!!!  cheesy

doyin13:

see decisions. . .so gayners have started buying out refs like the scummies

DESPICABLE
grin grin grin

Doyin don't cry yet - save your tears for relegation weekend.  grin grin grin

Hull didn't deserve to go through - they dived, they fouled (4 yellow cards), they wasted time (2 yellow cards). The Fates of Football judged wisely today by giving us the victory for our endeavour and effort.  cool

Did I mention that We're going to Wembley!!!!  cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2009
Debo - your bendtner Helped today o0o  kiss But for me . , the coming in of Nasri made the Diff . . . He's Arsenal's BEST PLAYER THIS SEASON

Kisses to PRINCE NASRI  kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:13pm On Mar 17, 2009
allboyz I dunno about the kisses, why not a high 5? undecided The scummies will be on your case very soon. grin

But it doesn't matter for now cos We're Going to Wembley!!!!

My boy Nicklas came on and made a difference - clearly the boy is a gem.

yet another assist for the Owly One. cool

Gunner 1965 cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:14pm On Mar 17, 2009
WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  grin grin grin grin

We deserved to win!!!! grin grin

if it pains anyone  . go jump into the nearest lagooon grin grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by doyin13(m): 11:15pm On Mar 17, 2009
Wenger is such a muppet. . . a shameless old man.

He was shown the goal. . .what is wrong with ''sometimes they go for you, sometimes they don't''

Why is it he loses the power of articulation when he has to explain the thievery prevalent at his club.

Bloody Scum  angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 11:16pm On Mar 17, 2009
So this small boiz are in the Semis and they would play Chelsea at the wembley stadium . .  .

Did my faithfuls saw Guus hindik Chelsea's coach at the stadium? tongue tongue tongue he's spying on us . . .they man dey fear o0o grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by bawomolo(m): 11:18pm On Mar 17, 2009
according to hull's coach, fabregas spit at one of the hull city assistant coaches, they deserve that and more for stalling  grin grin

doyin13:

Wenger is such a muppet. . . a shameless old man.

He was shown the goal. . .what is wrong with ''sometimes they go for you, sometimes they don't''

Why is it he loses the power of articulation when he has to explain the thievery prevalent at his club.

Bloody Scum  angry angry angry

[img]http://a3.vox.com/6a00d4142efd3f3c7f00d414332aab3c7f-500pi[/img]

allboyz - no homo lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:23pm On Mar 17, 2009
bawomolo:

according to hull's coach, fabregas spit at one of the hull city assistant coaches, they deserve that and more for stalling  grin grin

That's why he's my Captain!! cheesy

Hull should be hated with a passion - they are Bolton + Allardyce incarnates. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 11:25pm On Mar 17, 2009
@bawomolo   grin grin grin grin so na so Gus Hindink dey do for that your pix abi?  grin grin grin make him no worry . . . spying alone can't help him . . .abi Mourinho no watch MAN U Vs Chelsea's game at OT before the UCL Round of 16? MAN U still flogged them

WEMBLEY . . .HERE WE COME!!!  kiss kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2009
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 11:29pm On Mar 17, 2009
shabbie:

WORD!

Everyone will agree that whatever spirit saw the lads through the penalty shoot out in Rome has really made them stronger.
Except for aerial dominance as an excuse for Diaby's continuos presence on the field whilst Song was substituted,i must say i was appalled by Wenger's decision to take Song off. angry
Over all it was a positive attitude displayed by the lads and one can see that they are now psychological prepared compared to the complacency displayed earlier in the season.

PS.Bendtner did not MISS scoring chances today,he was actually DENIED by the goalkeeper.So haters,back off. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:34pm On Mar 17, 2009
kay_pumpin:

PS.Bendtner did not MISS scoring chances today,he was actually DENIED by the goalkeeper.So haters,back off. tongue

Tell them kay!! cheesy

Song had to be taken off - Diaby did a good job and was still winning balls in midfield. We needed a creative force while keeping a physical presence, so that's why Diaby remained and Song had to go. Either way, we WON and I'm sure Song is happy on the bench regardless.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2009
kay_pumpin:

WORD!

Everyone will agree that whatever spirit saw the lads through the penalty shoot out in Rome has really made them stronger.
Except for aerial dominance as an excuse for Diaby's continuos presence on the field whilst Song was substituted,i must say i was appalled by Wenger's decision to take Song off. angry
Over all it was a positive attitude displayed by the lads and one can see that they are now psychological prepared compared to the complacency displayed earlier in the season.

For the First,Bendtner pleases me today wink  . . .  .But i love Nasri flows and spirit  kiss kiss . .kudos to Arshavin too  wink . .he did gave some killer passes but the receiver's could finish well . . im glad we won . . .and importantly, we are going to WEMBLEY!! cheesy wink grin tongue

GUNNERS 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by agabaI23(m): 11:39pm On Mar 17, 2009
Arsenal all the way!Wembley here we come
Chelskum bring your pensioners
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2009
agabaI23:

Arsenal all the way!Wembley here we come
Chelskum bring your pensioners
grin grin grin grin tongue

I can smell that Gallas is Ready to stop and Destroy his former club Chelsea at wembley tongue

GUNNERS 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2009
debosky:

Tell them kay!! cheesy

Song had to be taken off - Diaby did a good job and was still winning balls in midfield. We needed a creative force while keeping a physical presence, so that's why Diaby remained and Song had to go. Either way, we WON and I'm sure Song is happy on the bench regardless.

Debo,

I am not one to write off a player really,though Bendtner finishing has been a nightmare,you can not fault his attitude and presence.The moment he came into the attack this evening,his presence,aerial dominance,self-awareness and positioning gave the Hull's defence,which was hitherto bossing Vela and Persie,some extra work to do.Of course he will come good,and it has to be at Arsenal.Henry and Adebayor may not be this terrible,but they were not the finished products(Ok in Manu's case,near-finished product tongue grin)that they became eventually.Everyone keen watcher of Arsenal's game this season,will agree with me that what Bendtner doesn't possess in clinical finishing,he has in attitude.Manu hasn't shown any of it this season.Not comparing the 2 dudes though.

As per Song,dude is fast improving or what do you feel Debo?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 11:57pm On Mar 17, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Debo,

I am not one to write off a player really,though Bendtner finishing has been a nightmare,you can not fault his attitude and presence.The moment he came into the attack this evening,his presence,aerial dominance,self-awareness and positioning gave the Hull's defence,which was hitherto bossing Vela and Persie,some extra work to do.Of course he will come good,and it has to be at Arsenal.Henry and Adebayor may not be this terrible,but they were not the finished products(Ok in Manu's case,near-finished product tongue grin)that they became eventually.Everyone keen watcher of Arsenal's game this season,will agree with me that what Bendtner doesn't possess in clinical finishing,he has in attitude.Manu hasn't shown any of it this season.Not comparing the 2 dudes though.

As per Song,dude is fast improving or what do you feel Debo?

No Qualms Bro . . .ur very correct . .after seeing song play awesomely against Burnely last week, he provided 2 assist . . i concluded that he's improved alot and hope he does not relent . . .all this players are still very young including Denilson . . . But i just hope they continue improving . . .im still not convinced about Diaby . . .the guyz game is always a 50 - 50 one and scares me alot.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:03am On Mar 18, 2009
Something has happened to Song in the past 2-3 weeks, I just don't get it.

Maybe now that Cesc is close to training and they all know that only one of them will get to play beside him is leading to serious competition.

Even Eboue is taking shots that are going close to goal (he hit the side netting today) cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 12:07am On Mar 18, 2009
The ref got us out of jail to be honest i can't remember when last Mike Riley actually lent us a hand in any game he has blown a few dubious penalties against us the game at OT that ended our unbeaten run is a point of reference but at least we fought to get ourselves back in the game

Arshavin is proving he was worth the wait his HD clear passes where a beauty to behold he also bends some mean corner kicks too.

Walcott was helter-skelter should have done a bit better i want to see him cut in and try to test the keeper sometimes! trying to square the ball or play it across goal is not always a feasible option

I have to talk about Song especially in the first half still don't know why Arsene kept Diaby and pulled him off dude is really becoming a good passer of the ball

Someone tell Fabianski to please try and stay on his line more often!!!

Bendtner playing from the bench is probably a better option he tends to play with a chip on his shoulder and always feels he needs to prove something and this usually works in our favor and the best part is he gets less time to miss one on one chances with the goalie

We are through to the semis which is the most important part and by the 18th of April with all our big guns back it would be hard for Chelsea to yell with our barrels in their mouth
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 12:08am On Mar 18, 2009
debosky:

Something has happened to Song in the past 2-3 weeks, I just don't get it.  

Maybe now that Cesc is close to training and they all know that only one of them will get to play beside him is leading to serious competition.

Even Eboue is taking shots that are going close to goal (he hit the side netting today)  cheesy

lol  grin grin grin

i understand your point clearly . . .

Some players are blessed with excess talent that they MUST JUST PLAY. . . while other have to fight to shirt and survival . . lol . , im loving this wink wink wink wink tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 12:08am On Mar 18, 2009
Congrats to the gooners
I watched it with enemies today(mancs and chavs)
and I seemed to be the only one cheering the red and white army.
No slating of Bendtner tonite at all
His perseverance got us the first goal
And please, this dude called Arshavin(what a player)
Some scummies on this thread declared that
'Arsenal can never afford Arshavin' grin
We have made it to Wembley.
Good attacking football will always prevail
as opposed to parking the bus and time wasting tactics.
Football as designed by the founders was designed to entertain and not bore humanity.
I am just so elated.
The mancs and chavs with me had their heads bowed
while i was singing:
'We are the arsenal(3ce)'
Bring on the chavs in the semis
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 12:09am On Mar 18, 2009
Good win
We need to now march on and finish the season strongly
! tongue cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102)

Nairaland Fantasy Football League 2009/2010 / Brentford Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 13th August 2022 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.