Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Before You Use Your UBA Mastercard Online, Read This! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Before You Use Your UBA Mastercard Online, Read This! (2169 Views)

Gtbank Mastercard auto-renewal deductions / LOL -when You Finally Want To Use Your Hand To Kill Yourself (photo) / How Can You Use Selfie Stick With Samsung Note3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Use Your UBA Mastercard Online, Read This! by Leadn(m): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
Good evening folks, I'm not one to come online to spite an organisation but I think what I'm about to say would be useful for internet marketers, importers etc.

I recently started using a UBA account (early this year) I've always been a GTBank favourite, but then I learnt that UBA and a few other banks don't require a dorm account to receive wire transfers. As a blogger, I thought it was awesome, so I opened an account with UBA.

Fast-forward to around last week/ last two weeks, the USD - Naira rates became something of a problem as there were discrepancies in currency exchange rates. I made a transaction with my UBA MasterCard and was charged a whooping 242naira to a USD. As a blogger, I thought it was... well, good? since I was going to be paid in a few days time with expectancy of rate of about 220+ naira to 1USD. Sadly, wire transfer came in and I was paid an exchange rate of 196Naira to a USD.

I wasn't so pleased, but I was a bit curious if the exchange rate has dropped, so I made a purchase online immediately (renewed one of my domains), waited for the alert, it never came. Last night, the alert I was waiting for entered, and shockingly, UBA charged me a whooping 269.69naira for 1USD (I spent 6USD @ 1617.54 naira debited!)

Angry, I complained to them on Facebook and was told " Please be informed that the discrepancy in the rate is as a result of the instability of the exchange rate."

Summary of my epistle is UBA are ripping off Nigerians with this dollar-naira problem. Be wise, boycott using your UBA card for purchases online for now.

Regards,

Uche Charles...

cc @lalasticlala @Seun

1 Like

Re: Before You Use Your UBA Mastercard Online, Read This! by alphaomega(m): 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
OK
Re: Before You Use Your UBA Mastercard Online, Read This! by nemzy14(m): 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
Tanx for the info dear
Re: Before You Use Your UBA Mastercard Online, Read This! by Olaskybab: 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
kkkk...noted

(1) (Reply)

Update: Get & Enjoy MTN Free 2go 3GB Goodybag Bundle On Android & Pc / Become A Money Transfer Agent And Earn Up To Learn 100k-300k / Nageria Vs South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.