Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

247humble's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 247humble's Profile / 247humble's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 247humble: 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
Good evening House!
Please, who has recently used Stanbic IBTC for FORM A and how many days/weeks did it take them to debit/Telex?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 247humble: 7:55pm On Nov 13, 2021
Good evening house,

I want to confirm if one can do Biometrics at Abuja office?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 247humble: 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
superplus:

Same here. I sent you an email.

Yes, I have responded.
Regards
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 247humble: 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
em7even:

Put the money in the person's account, let the person pay from his/her account.

Is this allowed?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 247humble: 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2021
Ytd007:

Stanbic takes like a week.

Thanks for the response.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 247humble: 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
1. Please, who has used Stanbic IBTC for Form A? an how fast are they?
2. Can someone represent me for Form A Transaction in my absence or is it a must to be present?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 247humble: 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
Please, anyone going to Sheffield Hallam University January 2022 Intake? Let's connect.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 247humble: 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2021
Good Evening House,

Please, Brothers/sisters already in the uk, What is the possibility of getting International Student loan from Future Finance once I can get an eligible guarantor?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 247humble: 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2021
Good evening House,
For a married person who is not going with his Spouse, do I still have to submit Marriage Certificate in my Visa Application?
(We didn't do Court Marriage).
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 247humble: 2:23am On Oct 25, 2021
Lekiboboe:

While you await the response of others, based on my opinion i don't think you should go ahead with the mentioned programs.

Its advisable you go for a POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PG. CERT) Program related to your work experience in Automation Control & Instrumentation to show Career Progression.

That being said,

Do a google search on the following PG. CERT PROGRAMS, check the program overviews, course curriculum (courses taken in each program), tuition amount for international students, Admission intakes (WINTER, SPRING, FALL) etc. and go for the one that suites you

Industrial Automation
Niagara College, Ontario

Robotics and Automation
Sault college, Saint Saulte Marie, Ontario

Building Automation System Operations
Algonquin College, Ontario

Robotics and Industrial Automation (Optional Co-op)
Conestoga College, Ontario

Good luck!!!

Thanks Bro, I appreciate your response! I have actually seen these Programs but the cost isn't my friend either,
Please, what is your option about the below scenario?

COURSE: Post Graduate Certificate in Project Management
I intend to Register a 'Servicing Firm' with CAC before applying for Study Permit and my SOP will reflect Project Management for my Company.
PREVIOUS EDUCATION: HND in Chemical Engineering 2010.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years in Automation Control and Instrumentation.

Please, can this fly?
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 247humble: 7:04pm On Oct 24, 2021
Please gurus in the house help me analyze this scenario as per VO view;

COURSE: Post Graduate Certificate in Project Management
I intend to Register a 'Servicing Firm' with CAC before applying for Study Permit and my SOP will reflect Project Management for my Company.
PREVIOUS EDUCATION: HND in Chemical Engineering 2010.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years in Automation Control and Instrumentation.

Please, can this fly?
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 247humble: 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
Viewoliver:
Good evening Friends,
Please, I need suggestions:

I just got admission for a 1-Year 'Electrical - Industrial' Certificate which I applied earlier but I realized it could be seen as lack of career progression as an HND holder. I have HND in Chemical Engineering 2010; with years of experience in Automation Control and Instrumentation.

Considering Study Permit approval possibility, should I proceed with the admission OR apply for a PG Certificate in Project Management or any other relevant PG Certificate Program?

Based on your years of experience in Automation and Control Instrumentation, I would suggest you go for PG Certificate on Industrial Automation at Niagara College, Ontario. I think that will show career progression.
Thanks Bro, I saw the Program but the Cost isn't my friend.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 247humble: 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2021
Tim4humanity:
Good day everyone, Please any guru in the house who can help me with a walk through on how I can pay for my study permit using the barter by flutterwave app since the CBN new policy limits daily transactions to just $100 ?. Or are there any other better alternatives for someone trying to pay from Nigeria ?.

I believe Domiciliary account will be okay for you
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 247humble: 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good evening Friends,
Please, I need suggestions:

I just got admission for a 1-Year 'Electrical - Industrial' Certificate which I applied earlier but I realized it could be seen as lack of career progression as an HND holder. I have HND in Chemical Engineering 2010; with years of experience in Automation Control and Instrumentation.

Considering Study Permit approval possibility, should I proceed with the admission OR apply for a PG Certificate in Project Management or any other relevant PG Certificate Program?
Travel / Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 247humble: 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ebymo:
Well in my case, it is not in my I20 because i got it after my I20 but they shouldn't have an issue. MPower has support letter for Visa interview so that should cover you.

@Ebymo, I just read through your post dated Sept 17 (i.e. last month), how come they have already sent money to your school? Mpower usually does that only after you have arrived the US and signed the Binding document!

Please, could you clarify?
Travel / Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 247humble: 9:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ebymo:
I tried them oooh they actually sent the money to my University. But the repayment starts as soon as i resume oooh and for 10 years
That sounds interesting, So the VO didn't have a problem with the Mpower Support Letter as Proof of Fund?
Travel / Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 247humble: 6:25pm On Oct 10, 2021
Hi NL Family,
I got Master's admission in Robotics/Automation and I intend using Mpower for funding; Program has option for 1-Year duration and overall cost is USD 45,000.

Can Mpower actually fly?

Please who has tried Mpower here?

1 Like

Education / Re: Thread For PHD Students by 247humble: 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
wip7:

You indicated in your initial question that you wish to start a business in Nigeria while studying in the United States. The F-1 Visa requirements apply to residents of the United States who are currently residing in the United States. Your company is based in Nigeria, not the United States.

Now to get back to F-1 conditions for students in USA:

Self employment as a student (I.e before graduation) :

There is no law prohibiting a student with legitimate non-immigrant student status from launching a business.

The student must, however, maintain legitimate student status and be enrolled full-time or between semesters.

The student's remuneration from the company is a significant consideration. A student cannot be a "employee" of his or her own company prior to graduation. He or she would have to be paid a salary if he or she worked for the company. Payment of a wage denotes employment, which is illegal under immigration law unless the student is allowed to take such job.

Note that while a student can incorporate a business or even form an LLC, they cannot be paid by the same company in the United States.

—-Self-employment after graduation:

After completing the curriculum, a student can start his or her own business and be hired by it, earning money.

Thanks Bro.

3 Likes

Education / Re: Thread For PHD Students by 247humble: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2021
wip7:

If you are running a legal business and studying legally, there are no restrictions to being a student and also running a legal business.

HND is a diploma that will not be admitted directly for a PhD program in Nigeria …and also nearly all universities in USA and many other countries will required a master degree from an applicant to be admitted into their PhD programs. So I think it will be logical to first secure PhD admission then ask about full-funding.

And why would they be tracking the social media or email when you are not into shady/illegal or illicit business or activities ?

Genuine students or genuine business and legal person would not bother about tracking. There are millions of students in USA studying and running business in USA and in their country, the USA will not direct all their resources to monitor each and every students unless such students are into activities that spike monitoring.

Thanks the response. I read that students on F-1 Visa are prohibited from Self-employment.
Education / Re: Thread For PHD Students by 247humble: 9:21am On Oct 08, 2021
Hi NL Family,

I'm considering going for fully-funded PhD Program in the US and I will appreciate getting a few clarifications:

1. I intend registering an Automation/Control/Instrumentation service company here in Nigeria before travelling, then remotely run the company while in the US as a fully-funded PhD student; Are there any restrictions for home country self-employment that is outside the US ?

2. Can HND (with WES evaluation) access direct fully-funded PhD in the US?

3. Does the US Govt track emails / social media chats / Phone communications of fully-funded PhD students.

Thanks in advance.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by 247humble: 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
Good Afternoon all,
Just to be sure Please; Hope both Pre-CAS Deposit and Enrollment Payment can be made with FORM A?
What about accommodation Payment?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by 247humble: 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2021
Good evening House!

1. Please brethren, do anyone know if Private Sector Landlords allows sharing of 1 Bed Room Apartment by 2 students?

2. Secondly, for a student with a Trade, is it true that doing cash-Paid jobs are illegal?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by 247humble: 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2021

3 Likes

Travel / Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by 247humble: 9:30pm On May 31, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
Das Niveau ist nicht nach Monaten

It's by what each language level entails.

Ja, ich weiß

May be Das ist A1. Anyways, I'm just trying to visualize the reality in learning Deutch.
Travel / Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by 247humble: 6:49pm On May 31, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
1. Answer to your question is on the embassy website. It would give you a well-detailed explanation.

2. Nothing is impossible, it all depends on you. It took me about 5 months to know how to speak basics German. Name, numbers, direction, introducing myself, household items, form a simple sentence, greetings, directions, etc.

Danke Mein Bruder, OdogwuEkeke!

In your opinion, what level is the above mentioned skills of fünf months? A1 or A2 ?
Travel / Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by 247humble: 5:51pm On May 31, 2021
Guten Abeng freunde! wie geht es euch allen!

1. Please what are the requirements for Category A
2. I'm just starting to learn Deutch A1, has any one here been able to communicate with A1 Level and within 2months?
I have placed a target and wish to know it's reality.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 247humble: 11:55pm On May 01, 2021
bollybeejay:

Masters or Post Graduate diploma in electrical engineering related program is better

Thanks for the input.
Schools are not accepting me to switch from Chemical Engineering to Electrical Engineering at Master's or even PGD Level, they say there lots of EE Courses that I didn't do.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 247humble: 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2021
shupy:

If 2 is a post graduate diploma you can go for it. Whichever you choose, you must be able to convince the application officer the program will be beneficial to your career on your return to Nigeria.

Thanks Bro, the second option is actually College Diploma not PGD.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 247humble: 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2021
Please help a Brother !

I'm working towards STUDY PATH to immigration: I had previous education in Chemical Engineering, BUT all my work experience 5+yrs has been in Electrical Engineering (Automation and Control) with numerious Training here and abroad.

In your opinion which of the following options will have a higher chance of Study Permit approval:

1. Masters in Chemical Engineering (which match my academic background only but not match with my work experience)?
2. Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology 2yr Program (which matches with my work experience but is low level certificate)?

Your inputs will be highly appreciated
Thanks in advance !
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 247humble: 12:13am On Apr 28, 2021
Good people of Nairaland, thanks for the quality information sharing !
A quick one please:

I'm working towards STUDY PATH to immigration: I had previous education in Chemical Engineering, BUT all my work experience 5+yrs has been in Electrical Engineering (Automation and Control), In your opinion which of the following options will have a higher chance of Study Permit:
1. Masters in Chemical Engineering (which match my academic background only but not match with my work experience)?
2. Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology 2yr Program (which matches with my work experience but is low level certificate)?

Your inputs will be highly appreciated
Thanks in advance !
Nairaland / General / Re: Re: Immigrate To Canada Through AIPP Part 1 by 247humble: 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hi Friends,
You guys are awesome, the thread is really informative and I appreciate it.
Going by in-demand occupation list in AIPP, If for instance, an Engr gets a job offer outside his engineering career NOC, say Truck Driver job offer, Is there a restriction that forbids him from changing job back to his engineering career NOC AFTER say 1 to 2 years of doing the Truck Driver job role with his first employer?
WILL HE BE DEPORTED?

I will appreciate your responses.
Regards
Career / Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by 247humble: 11:10pm On Nov 29, 2019
m

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.