Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? (1697 Views)

Christians god Have Sex With Mary To Get His Only Begotten Son / How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? / Why Christians Are The Most Evil Sect On Earth Above All Religions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by badoosecret: 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
Does God have a multiple personality disorder?

At last count, there were . . . well . . . I won’t even try to count all the different religions in the world! Besides the large, well-known world religions such as Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Judaism, there are countless smaller religions, including many varieties of traditional, cultural, and nature-based religions, throughout the world. There are also a billion or so people who don’t belong to any particular religion, either because they are atheist or agnostic or because they follow their own personal spiritual beliefs.

All of the religions have some concept of God—although some do not talk much about God. However, if we ask adherents of the various religions what God is like, we will get many different descriptions. Within the different religions God has been pictured as a male or female human being, as various kinds of mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, and insects, as a being with a human body and the head of an animal, as a tree or a plant, as lightning and thunder, as the sun, moon, or stars, and in many other ways.

When we start talking about the different mental and emotional characteristics of God, things get even more interesting. God loves and hates, is wrathful and merciful, is omniscient and forgetful, is unchanging yet relents from punishments that were planned, is all-forgiving but condemns everyone who doesn’t believe or do certain things.

Does God have a multiple personality disorder? How could one God be so many different things all at once? How could God be so many contradictory things at the same time? After all, if we ask people of the various religions how they know what God is like, most them will say that their beliefs originally came from God.

Are all religions except mine wrong?

Okay, there’s another possibility. Maybe all of those religions got it wrong.
Or maybe there is one that got it right. The religion I believe in! It may be Christianity or Islam, Hinduism or Buddhism, but if it’s my religion, it must be the right one. Otherwise why would I believe it?

It’s funny, isn’t it? No matter what religion we look at, the people who believe in it think they are the ones who have the real truth about God—and that all the other religions are a little bit off . . . or a lot off.

Of course, there are many religious people who take a broader view. But what about all the people who say that if you don’t believe in my religion, God will condemn you? What about all those Christians who say that you can’t be saved and go to heaven unless you believe in Jesus Christ?

If people in every religion claim that theirs is the right one and everyone else’s is wrong, how can we believe any of them? And why didn’t God make it a lot clearer to us humans on earth exactly what we’re supposed to believe about God and heaven?

3 Likes

Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by Hawlahscho(m): 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
You have a point

and here is it in-between brackets

( . )
Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by badoosecret: 11:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
lol
Hawlahscho:
You have a point

and here is it in-between brackets

( . )
Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by johnydon22(m): 8:03am On Jul 27, 2015
Actually Op this is one of the funniest and ironic aspect of religions.

Every religion see other religions as deluded and wrong while they are right. .

Ask a Hindu he will tell you a muslim is wrong and deluded, as a muslim he will tell you a christian is wrong and deluded, ask a christian he will tell you judaism is wrong and deluded, as a judaic man he will tell you hinduism is wrong and hindus are deluded..

Cooking pot calling kettle black, they are correct tho about each other being deluded

2 Likes

Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 27, 2015
Makes me to ask whether origin was in existence in the ancient times.
Cos all of them were high on some narcortic alcohol thus creating religion.

1 Like

Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by badoosecret: 11:17am On Jul 27, 2015
johnydon22:
Actually Op this is one of the funniest and ironic aspect of religions.

Every religion see other religions as deluded and wrong while they are right. .

Ask a Hindu he will tell you a muslim is wrong and deluded, as a muslim he will tell you a christian is wrong and deluded, ask a christian he will tell you judaism is wrong and deluded, as a judaic man he will tell you hinduism is wrong and hindus are deluded..

Cooking pot calling kettle black, they are correct tho about each other being deluded
You are absolutely right bro, all of them cannot be right, it is either one is right or all is wrong.
Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by badoosecret: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2015
krattoss:
Makes me to ask whether origin was in existence in the ancient times.

Cos all of them were high on some narcortic alcohol thus creating religion.
To me, they were not high on heroin. They created them inorder to manipulate people's mind;inorder to enslave them. Up to this moment, religious slavery still continues.
Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by reallest(f): 11:37am On Jul 27, 2015
badoosecret:

At last count, there were . . . well . . . I won’t even try to count all the different religions in the world! Besides the large, well-known world religions such as Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Judaism, there are countless smaller religions, including many varieties of traditional, cultural, and nature-based religions, throughout the world. There are also a billion or so people who don’t belong to any particular religion, either because they are atheist or agnostic or because they follow their own personal spiritual beliefs.

All of the religions have some concept of God—although some do not talk much about God. However, if we ask adherents of the various religions what God is like, we will get many different descriptions. Within the different religions God has been pictured as a male or female human being, as various kinds of mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, and insects, as a being with a human body and the head of an animal, as a tree or a plant, as lightning and thunder, as the sun, moon, or stars, and in many other ways.

When we start talking about the different mental and emotional characteristics of God, things get even more interesting. God loves and hates, is wrathful and merciful, is omniscient and forgetful, is unchanging yet relents from punishments that were planned, is all-forgiving but condemns everyone who doesn’t believe or do certain things.

Does God have a multiple personality disorder? How could one God be so many different things all at once? How could God be so many contradictory things at the same time? After all, if we ask people of the various religions how they know what God is like, most them will say that their beliefs originally came from God.

Or maybe there is one that got it right. The religion I believe in! It may be Christianity or Islam, Hinduism or Buddhism, but if it’s my religion, it must be the right one. Otherwise why would I believe it?

It’s funny, isn’t it? No matter what religion we look at, the people who believe in it think they are the ones who have the real truth about God—and that all the other religions are a little bit off . . . or a lot off.

Of course, there are many religious people who take a broader view. But what about all the people who say that if you don’t believe in my religion, God will condemn you? What about all those Christians who say that you can’t be saved and go to heaven unless you believe in Jesus Christ?

If people in every religion claim that theirs is the right one and everyone else’s is wrong, how can we believe any of them? And why didn’t God make it a lot clearer to us humans on earth exactly what we’re supposed to believe about God and heaven?
God won't make it clear to anybody because how can something dat doesn't exist make something clear to those dat exist?

3 Likes

Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by badoosecret: 11:49am On Jul 27, 2015
reallest:

God won't make it clear to anybody because how can something dat doesn't exist make something clear to those dat exist?
Sis, I seem not to understand your stance on this issue. Are you saying that God doesn't exist? If yes, prove it wisely.Although, that is not the aim of this thread. The sole aim is to elucidate that God did not create religion but man did. Science was created by man, but it is ever changing unlike religion that cannot be modified.
Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by reallest(f): 11:57am On Jul 27, 2015
badoosecret:
Sis, I seem not to understand your stance on this issue. Are you saying that God doesn't exist? If yes, prove it wisely.
U are d most funniest guy I ever come across,u expect me to prove something dat does not exist?d onus is on those who believe in his existence to prove it to us not oda way around gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by badoosecret: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
reallest:

U are d most funniest guy I ever come across,u expect me to prove something dat does not exist?d onus is on those who believe in his existence to prove it to us not oda way around gringrin
Really? So you refuted his existence with no reason? You must be confused more than me as a person. The absence of proof is not the proof of absence. I don 't have issues with existence of God, I only have issues with religion.
Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by reallest(f): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
badoosecret:
Really? So you refuted his existence with no reason? You must be confused more than me as a person. The absence of proof is not the proof of absence. I don 't have issues with existence of God, I only have issues with religion.
U r d confused one here because how can a grown up guy believe something exist without any proof dat he does

1 Like

Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by badoosecret: 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
reallest:

U r d confused one here because how can a grown up guy believe something exist without any proof dat he does
Lolz, there are proves for his existence, and you know them. I need not to bring them up on this thread. By the way, how can a fully matured lady refutes what she cannot explain? Despite knowing nothing about creation. Does using Big Bang thoery, evoltuionary thoery to explain creation make sense to you? They make no sense, same way religious story of creation makes no sense. You see that you are more than being confused!
Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by cold(m): 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
badoosecret:
Lolz, there are proves for his existence, and you know them. I need not to bring them up on this thread. By the way, how can a fully matured lady refutes what she cannot explain? Despite knowing nothing about creation. Does using Big Bang thoery, evoltuionary thoery to explain creation make sense to you? They make no sense, same way religious story of creation makes no sense. You see that you are more than being confused!
I think you're the very confused one here. You believe all religions are man made but not the gods they worship. Huh! Like seriously? You believe god exists,fine,which of the gods could you possibly be referring to? The problem with people like you is that you're on the verge of breaking away from these myths but still won't let go of certain aspects of it because it has been ingrained you that a god exists even when you haven't got a shred of proof he does or which one is the genuine article.
It's funny though,in one breath you claim all religions are man made which is true in all its ramification. In another you claim the gods they worship does exist. Pray tell,how do you commune with this particular god of yours? What medium do you use? Because every god i know requires some form of obeisance. So how do you relate with yours.

1 Like

Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by badoosecret: 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
cold:

I think you're the very confused one here. You believe all religions are man made but not the gods they worship. Huh! Like seriously? You believe god exists,fine,which of the gods could you possibly be referring to? The problem with people like you is that you're on the verge of breaking away from these myths but still won't let go of certain aspects of it because it has been ingrained you that a god exists even when you haven't got a shred of proof he does or which one is the genuine article.
It's funny though,in one breath you claim all religions are man made which is true in all its ramification. In another you claim the gods they worship does exist. Pray tell,how do you commune with this particular god of yours? What medium do you use? Because every god i know requires some form of obeisance. So how do you relate with yours.
Clearing my throat!! I believe that something is behind the miseries on this earth, yes I do. I believe that religions were fabricated, yes I do. I believe that religion should be separated from God, yes I do. If religion is separated from God, atheicism cannot strive. You guys are using the flaws in the religious books to refute the existence of supreme being. You have no evidence to proof the non existence of God, yet you believe he/she doesn't exist. One does not neede religion to know that something is beyond the miseries that scince could not fathom. I don't need to pray/communite with him: that can only be found in the religious books. So, you even know some gods despite refuting the existence of God? What a brilliant contradiction.
Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by cold(m): 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
badoosecret:
Clearing my throat!! I believe that something is behind the miseries on this earth, yes I do. I believe that religions were fabricated, yes I do. I believe that religion should be separated from God, yes I do. If religion is separated from God, atheicism cannot strive. You guys are using the flaws in the religious books to refute the existence of supreme being. You have no evidence to proof the non existence of God, yet you believe he/she doesn't exist. One does not neede religion to know that something is beyond the miseries that scince could not fathom. I don't need to pray/communite with him: that can only be found in the religious books.
He who asserts must prove his case beyond reasonable doubt. You cannot ask the accused to prove he did not steal from you. The onus is on you the defendant to prove your case beyond reasonable doubt. We have nothing to prove. Your god does not exist,simple as. The onus is on you to prove otherwise. And besides,you still haven't told me which of the supreme beings you're referring to.

1 Like

Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by badoosecret: 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
cold:

He who asserts must prove his case beyond reasonable doubt. You cannot ask the accused to prove he did not steal from you. The onus is on you the defendant to prove your case beyond reasonable doubt. We have nothing to prove. Your god does not exist,simple as. The onus is on you to prove otherwise. And besides,you still haven't told me which of the supreme beings you're referring to.
I attribute miseries such a creation to a supreme; which your atheistism cannot explain, same way religious books could not give its true account. I need not to know the supreme being in question, all I need is to see unfathomable misseries beyond the scope of science to know that he/she exist.
Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by malvisguy212: 10:54pm On Jul 27, 2015
badoosecret:

https://www.nairaland.com/1999485/all-religions-lead-god-one
Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by urheme: 11:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
badoosecret:
You are absolutely right bro, all of them cannot be right, it is either one is right or all is wrong.

Not true.

It is either they are all right or they are all wrong

Or

They are neither right nor wrong but confused.

Some body or thing has to be held responsible for this confusion i swear grin
Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by badoosecret: 1:21am On Jul 28, 2015
urheme:

Not true.

It is either they are all right or they are all wrong

Or

They are neither right nor wrong but confused.

Some body or thing has to be held responsible for this confusion i swear grin
All of them cannot be right @ the same time, they can only be wrong@ the same time
Re: Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? by urheme: 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
badoosecret:
All of them cannot be right @ the same time, they can only be wrong@ the same time

In that case, they are All wrong. undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Catholic's Pope To Allow Priests To Forgive Abortion / Benefits Of Reciting Ayat Al-kursi Every Morning / Winners’s Chapel Easter Youth Alive Camp 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.