Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? (3862 Views)

Earth Is A Giant Ancient Quarry, A Mined Wasteland Of Advance Races Of Beings. / Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Rossikk(m): 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
I mean, other races have a history of barbaric religious practices which they eventually abandoned for more humane worship - thus 're-packaging' their religions. In fact their religions killed far more people than African faiths. Which religion compares to the hideous wholesale massacres perpetrated by European Christians in their various slaughterfests titled 'Crusades', and 'Inquisitions'? Who can vie with Arab Muslims in their mad rampages across various nations in bloody Jihads? What about the chilling mass sacrifice rituals of the Hindu Indians? The Shintoists of old Japan? Compared to these faiths, African religion is a moral giant, laden with multitudes of spiritual insights and attributes. Yet it lies abandoned, snubbed, spat on, and derided by a degenerate, morally bankrupt, colonised, brainwashed, ignorant collection of reprobate buffoons who call themselves modern Africans. Today, these 'Africans', suffering massive colonial hangover, see nothing good in their ancient philosophies and faiths. Nothing worth researching about them. Their gods must be white and imported, or they will not 'believe'. They feel they must travel OUT of Africa to worship God effectively, in pilgrimages to Mecca, Jerusalem, etc. God cannot possibly have a holy land in Africa, can he? Nah.... It must be in the white man's lands. In Europe. In Arabia.

Who will save us from this madness? Better still, How do we cure ourselves of this madness?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by lepasharon(f): 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2016
Cos they are brainwashed slaves

3 Likes

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by horlarwhalhe: 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
Bible and Quoran is weapon of destruction and slave mentally

2 Likes

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
Train a child in the way he should go, and he will not depart from it.
Thou shalt meditate on this word day and night.

Slaves, obey your masters. If you suffer on earth, do as it is unto God. God will reward you.

Do not leave this path, for I will forsake you.

4 Likes

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
I thought you said Jesus was black? You even showed us a handsome photo of a black Jesus? undecided
Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by horlarwhalhe: 9:43pm On Jun 22, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Train a child in the way he should go, and he will not depart from it.
Thou shalt meditate on this word day and night.

Slaves, obey your masters. If you suffer on earth, do as it is unto God. God will reward you.

Do not leave this path, for I will forsake you.

I don't believe that God of Caucasian his fraud and brutal, I only believe the word of my ancestors and the gods of my land not foreign god

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Rossikk(m): 10:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
Muafrika2:
I thought you said Jesus was black? You even showed us a handsome photo of a black Jesus? undecided

Not so fast, dude...... I said ''If there was a Jesus, he had to have been black, not white''.

Operative word: If.

Here's the thread!

https://www.nairaland.com/2836898/bible-describes-jesus-black-why
Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by TrajansKong: 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2016
Rossikk:
Who will save us from this madness? Better still, How do we cure ourselves of this madness?

We cannot cure ourselves. Only Chizos can save us!

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Rossikk(m): 1:20am On Jun 23, 2016
TrajansKong:

We cannot cure ourselves. Only Chizos can save us!

I hope this is sarcasm... undecided

1 Like

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Nobody: 1:39am On Jun 23, 2016
Its simply because Africans are the only major races who have been unable to evolve an organised religion out of their own backwardness.
Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by horlarwhalhe: 8:06am On Jun 23, 2016
Rossikk:

Not so fast, dude...... I said ''If there was a Jesus, he had to have been black, not white''.

Operative word: If.

Here's the thread!

https://www.nairaland.com/2836898/bible-describes-jesus-black-why

Is name is Yeshuwa not jesus theoretically if you name is yusuff and some people started to called you yewande don't you think you are calling different name?
Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by horlarwhalhe: 8:09am On Jun 23, 2016
Muafrika2:

Yes he is black not white and his name is not jesus all the messiah before him are black research you will find the truth
Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Rossikk(m): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2016
crusadistic:
Its simply because Africans are the only major races who have been unable to evolve an organised religion out of their own backwardness.
I disagree. By today's standards, the Romans where very "backward", yet they invented christianity over 2,000 years ago. Same as the Arab world 700 years ago when Muhammed invented Islam. What you need to grasp is that "organised religions" are usually "organised" for a reason. And always by a group of people who wish to gain Control over populations. "Organised religions" do not arise because places have become "civilized". They arise out of the vulnerability of involved populations to manipulation by a few smart Alecs, who become the 'clergy'. Once these religions become "fully organized", the clergy never lack for anything for the rest of their lives. Essentially, the "organised religions" are rackets. Business empires dressed in religious attire.

I prefer the African "unorganized" spiritual philosophies, which abhor evangelism and creeds, and see each situation and belief as open to adjustment based on prevailing circumstances. For instance, African religion has no 'commandments'. It will not say "Thou shall not steal", because, like killing, the rightness or wrongness of stealing is dependent on the particular circumstances of the situation. Is it a sin to steal bread from a billionaire's kitchen to feed a starving child?

So African religion is realistically flexible. Philosophically, it is superior to "organised" religions.

5 Likes

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by TrajansKong: 11:22am On Jun 23, 2016
Rossikk:

I hope this is sarcasm... undecided

Sarcasm NEVER registers in NL religion section.

This is how we are joyfully, proudly, unto death.

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Rossikk(m): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
TrajansKong:

Sarcasm NEVER registers in NL religion section.

Intriguing.
Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Rossikk(m): 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
Familiarity with their imported faiths has made Africans immune to the utter absurdity of adopting the religion of foreigners who live thousands of miles away from Africa.

The only reason we practice their religions? Because they attacked, invaded, and colonised us.

That's the ONLY reason you are a 'christian' today who 'believes' in 'Jesus'.

It is the ONLY reason you believe a single word in the bible, or the koran as the case may be.

Ordinarily, there is no reason to believe anything in those books.

I mean, just because a book SAYS it came from God, is no reason to accept it did.

Do you believe in the Egyptian Book of the Dead?

No?

What about the Sumerian Epics?

No?

Ok, what about the Sanskrit texts of India?

No?

Why not? EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THESE TEXTS CLAIMS DIVINE INSPIRATION/GUIDANCE, AND/OR ANCIENT INTERACTION WITH DIVINE ENTITIES.

But you've likely never even heard of most of these books!

But among those who 'believe in' them, in faraway lands, they comprise the ''only truth''. Everything else is nonsense!

So WHAT exactly makes YOU think that YOUR OWN ADOPTED 'HOLY' BOOK is any different from all those OTHER books?

The only reason you are captive to christianity or Islam is because your ancestors were conquered by foreigners who practiced those belief systems.

HAD WE BEEN ATTACKED, INVADED AND COLONISED BY JAPAN INSTEAD OF BRITAIN, we'd all be practising SHINTOISTS today.

With the exact same zeal and assuredness with which you proclaim the ''truth'' of 'Jesus' today, you would have been proclaiming the ''truth'' of Shintoism above all other faiths.

Shintoists

[img]http://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/iaxr4kjbDBzU/v1/-1x-1.jpg[/img]

HAD WE BEEN ATTACKED AND INVADED BY INDIA INSTEAD OF BRITAIN, we'd be right now raising altars to our ''one and only saviour'', THE COW.

2 Likes

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 24, 2016
Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 24, 2016
Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
Shared for phrasing grin

OP, keep thinking. Your thoughts require more depth.
Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Rossikk(m): 12:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

If as you allege, Britain attacked Africa and preached Christianity to Africa then who did the disciples of Jesus Christ attack before they preached Christianity to the world?
First of all there is zero evidence of a person named Jesus Christ in history, just as there is zero evidence of any "disciples''.The fact you mention them as if they are your next door neighbours you see everyday doesn't obviate the fact you're living in delusion. It only highlights it. Tell me something. How many hours of your life have you spent researching the historicity of 'Jesus' to determine if he really lived? I can bet the answer is Zero. The problem is that you people don't actually realise you're brainwashed. Here you are - a fully grown adult with all faculties intact, talking about some unproven, magical flying godman of ancient mythology as if he is your next door neighbor you encounter everyday. It's truly pathetic. You and your ilk are actually exhibiting a form of madness or dementia, unbeknownst to you.

One more thing. You need to research the spread of Christianity, and learn that it was disseminated, not by "disciples preaching to the world", but by bloody massacres, invasions, and looting of various societies across the globe, including yours!

4 Likes

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by TrajansKong: 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
Rossikk:
How many hours of your life have you spent researching the historicity of 'Jesus' to determine if he really lived? I can bet the answer is Zero. The problem is that you people don't actually realise you're brainwashed. Here you are - a fully grown adult with all faculties intact, talking about some unproven, magical flying godman of ancient mythology as if he is your next door neighbor you encounter everyday.

To someone going by the name Avoidhellfire, Jesus and his disciples are 100x more real than his neighbours. Adam and Eve are more closely related to him than his biological mother and father.

Rossikk:
It's truly pathetic. You and your ilk are actually exhibiting a form of madness or dementia, unbeknownst to you.

He is in a state of Holy Terror, believing the simplest and most obvious question may bring down curses from the creator of the Universe. He is petrified. This is the most common state of our Christians at home and in the diaspora. They can do nothing whatsoever to help themselves save pray for greater faith, stronger chains...

Rossikk:
One more thing. You need to research the spread of Christianity, and learn that it was disseminated, not by "disciples preaching to the world", but by bloody massacres, invasions, and looting of various societies across the globe, including yours!

True, but this research will never be undertaken.

I reckon many of us secretly feel that the theft, exploitation, genocide and slavery of our continent and people was a fair price to pay for coming into the knowledge of Christ.

We lost our souls and minds a looooog time ago...

3 Likes

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Rossikk(m): 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
TrajansKong:

To someone going by the name Avoidhellfire, Jesus and his disciples are 100x more real than his neighbours. Adam and Eve are more closely related to him than his biological mother and father.

He is in a state of Holy Terror, believing the simplest and most obvious question may bring down curses from the creator of the Universe. He is petrified. This is the most common state of our Christians at home and in the diaspora. They can do nothing whatsoever to help themselves save pray for greater faith, stronger chains...

True, but this research will never be undertaken.

I reckon many of us secretly feel that the theft, exploitation, genocide and slavery of our continent and people was a fair price to pay for coming into the knowledge of Christ.

We lost our souls and minds a looooog time ago...
Kai......Man, you sure know how to put things succinctly.

2 Likes

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Baaballiyo(m): 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Rossikk:
I mean, other races have a history of barbaric religious practices which they eventually abandoned for more humane worship - thus 're-packaging' their religions. In fact their religions killed far more people than African faiths. Which religion compares to the hideous wholesale massacres perpetrated by European Christians in their various slaughterfests titled 'Crusades', and 'Inquisitions'? Who can vie with Arab Muslims in their mad rampages across various nations in bloody Jihads? What about the chilling mass sacrifice rituals of the Hindu Indians? The Shintoists of old Japan? Compared to these faiths, African religion is a moral giant, laden with multitudes of spiritual insights and attributes. Yet it lies abandoned, snubbed, spat on, and derided by a degenerate, morally bankrupt, colonised, brainwashed, ignorant collection of reprobate buffoons who call themselves modern Africans. Today, these 'Africans', suffering massive colonial hangover, see nothing good in their ancient philosophies and faiths. Nothing worth researching about them. Their gods must be white and imported, or they will not 'believe'. They feel they must travel OUT of Africa to worship God effectively, in pilgrimages to Mecca, Jerusalem, etc. God cannot possibly have a holy land in Africa, can he? Nah.... It must be in the white man's lands. In Europe. In Arabia.

You need to research more about most African native religions, bc for most of them Human and blood sacrifices are found. So I think they dont fare any better than what you termed " Imported white Gods".
Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by mmsen: 10:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
There are millions of Chinese, Korean, Indian and Pakistani Christians and their numbers are growing.

Islam is indigenous to the Middle East but not Pakistan, India or Bangladesh where there are more Muslims than in the Arabian peninsula

There are European Buddhists and Hare Krishnas even though Buddha is said to have come from India, where there are more Hindus.

Christianity is an Abrahamic, Middle Eastern religion, yet it spread to Europe.

OP, your question is completely invalid.

What I hate most about religion is the spread of misinformation and lies instead of the truth. This thread is predicated on a lie.

1 Like

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
It's really inevitable
The conquered always follow the conqueror

2 Likes

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Rossikk(m): 11:03am On Jun 25, 2016
Baaballiyo:

You need to research more about most African native religions, bc for most of them Human and blood sacrifices are found. So I think they dont fare any better than what you termed " Imported white Gods".
You are wrong. In terms of scale of atrocities, African religion "fares better". A community might sacrifice a virgin or two a year to implore the gods for a good harvest, but you never saw wholesale massacres of other groups in order to force them to join one religion or the other, as was practiced by Christianity and Islam. You never saw religious wars like the Biafran war fought between christians and muslims, with millions of people slaughtered. Or terrorist groups killing those of different beliefs. So abandoning African religion to join those faiths is like jumping from frying pan to fire, with various terrible consequences arising, as we've seen in Africa. Much better to reform, and build on what we had earlier, just like others did with theirs.

1 Like

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Rossikk(m): 11:28am On Jun 25, 2016
We also underestimate the value of African religion in its capacity to create a better life for people by ensuring accountability in public office. If you are a looter, which would you prefer to take your oath of office with? The bible/Koran or IFA/Amadioha?

Of course you'll prefer the former, as there is no punishment for violation. All you need to do is 'pray for forgiveness' - assuming you actually care - after stealing billions. But with African religion, there is nothing like 'forgiveness'. You commit a crime, you pay the dues, in order to cleanse the land of your abomination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Rossikk(m): 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2016
mmsen:
There are millions of Chinese, Korean, Indian and Pakistani Christians and their numbers are growing.

Islam is indigenous to the Middle East but not Pakistan, India or Bangladesh where there are more Muslims than in the Arabian peninsula

There are European Buddhists and Hare Krishnas even though Buddha is said to have come from India, where there are more Hindus.

Christianity is an Abrahamic, Middle Eastern religion, yet it spread to Europe.

OP, your question is completely invalid.

What I hate most about religion is the spread of misinformation and lies instead of the truth. This thread is predicated on a lie.
Err...I wouldn't have raised this thread if 2% of Nigerians where Christian, as is the case in the countries you named where the overwhelming majority practise their indigenous faith, with a tiny few involved in foreign religions. In Africa it's the other way round. Oh..and Christianity is not a middle Eastern religion, but a European religion. The Vatican is in Rome, not in Teheran. There's a reason for that. wink

2 Likes

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by mmsen: 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2016
Rossikk:
Err...I wouldn't have raised this thread if 2% of Nigerians where Christian, as is the case in the countries you named where the overwhelming majority practise their indigenous faith, with a tiny few involved in foreign religions. In Africa it's the other way round. Oh..and Christianity is not a middle Eastern religion, but a European religion. The Vatican is in Rome, not in Teheran. There's a reason for that. wink

Christianity is not 'indigenous' to Europe. Christianity is based on texts written by authors in the Middle East, in Middle Eastern languages.

The Catholic Church is a branch of Christianity based in Rome, just as RCCG is based in Lagos - that does not change the facts that the religion is rooted in Middle Eastern folklore. Why do you say 'Amen' after prayer? Amen is neither Latin, nor Greek. What language did the mythical Jesus speak? Does anyone even allege that he set foot in Europe? How about Abraham, David, Noah, Moses? Which of them visited Europe?

Brazil is the biggest Catholic nation on the earth (where coincidentally many of the people there adhere to Yoruba traditional religion), followed by other Latin American nations such as Mexico. Those nations are not in Africa.

Islam is not indigenous to Pakistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bangladesh or the majority of Muslim nations. Those nations have far more than 2% of Muslim practitioners. Again, Mohammed did not step foot in any of these nations.

Buddhism is indigenous to India yet the nation with the largest number of Buddhists is Japan, followed by Thailand. Far more than 2% Japanese and Thais are Buddhists.

Religions are spread by force and cultural peer pressure. Very few nations have a majority population that adhere to 'traditional religions'. Your initial premise is based on a falsehood.

1 Like

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Weah96: 12:56pm On Jun 25, 2016
Rossikk:
We also underestimate the value of African religion in its capacity to create a better life for people by ensuring accountability in public office. If you are a looter, which would you prefer to take your oath of office with? The bible/Koran or IFA/Amadioha?

Of course you'll prefer the former, as there is no punishment for violation. All you need to do is 'pray for forgiveness' - assuming you actually care - after stealing billions. But with African religion, there is nothing like 'forgiveness'. You commit a crime, you pay the dues, in order to cleanse the land of your abomination.

So true, nobody fears Jesus. In fact, they use his name to facilitate more murder and theft. People let down their guard when they hear that name, allowing pastors to even sleep with women and collect money from parishioners.
Swearing to a shrine may engender more honesty.

2 Likes

Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by OfBiafra: 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2016
Rossikk:

Hi Rossikk,

I'll like to address some sections of your post, mostly concerning the title and the bolded, from a Christian and Islamic faith perspective.

The religions of Islam & Christianity were alien to many Islamic and Christian nations today. These nations were converted by force or through the threat of force; similar to the proliferation of these faith in African countries. Europeans and Arabs, like Africans, were "idol worshippers" before their "glorious" conversion.

Also, I completely disagree with you that these nations repackaged these new faiths. As noted, these faiths were mainly introduced by force of war or extreme coercion, which leaves very little room to negotiate any terms of adoption. Plus, the chief aim of these monotheist religion is the total annihilation of any existing faiths.

As concerning pilgrimage, the economic and psychological importance of this activity mandates its observance in most religious faith. I don't see why the Christianity and Islam should be any different.

Of Biafra.
Re: How Come Other Races Follow Their Religions Except Africans? by Rossikk(m): 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
SirWere:
It's really inevitable

The conquered always follow the conqueror
Indians were conquered..but they still practise Hinduism. You cannot remain "the conquered" forever. You have to move on from that..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bible Says Marrying A Divorcee Is A Sin / Loons Badboy Christian Rapper Turns To Islam Now 'goodboy' / TRUTH: Did Paul Say Women Should Remain Quiet In Church??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.