Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

How Banks Rob People These Days. This Has Got To Stop - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Banks Rob People These Days. This Has Got To Stop (1013 Views)

This Is How Banks Defraud Using Technology / Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust / How Banks Swindle Nigerians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Banks Rob People These Days. This Has Got To Stop by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2015
The other day when I went to deposit some money in one of the new generations banks I saw a man fretting and fuming over the way a certain bank robbed him;

He withdrew 5million Naira and came to the bank where I was to deposit it into another account, behold in a single bundle of #500 notes, 5 pieces was missing each.
Upon calling on the said bank, they told him that there was nothing they could do since he did not confirm it before leaving their counter. The dude had to update the remaining balance.

Fast forward today when I went to the same bank to withdraw N1.5 million to deposit in a client's account. Upon getting to the bulk room in the course of counting, we discovered that some of the monies weren't complete.

The disgusting thing is that on the wrappers around the monies was the instruction of confirming the cash before leaving their counters. But how a heck do they expect people to start counting bundle by bundle theirselves until they confirm big sums?

The funny thing is that such dubious things are not usually associated with small amounts.

What must one do to forestall this dirty acts from these banks?

Cc

Lalasticlala, Seun

Re: How Banks Rob People These Days. This Has Got To Stop by kossyablaze(m): 11:10am On Jul 27, 2015
Lol

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Banks Rob People These Days. This Has Got To Stop by ogoplus: 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
I have had similar experiences.

The worse was when a lost 10k to a cashier at Diamond Bank Obigbo branch Rivers State.

It is very painful.

Unfortunately the 3 instances when I was paid incomplete cash involved male cashiers. I don't know if is common with male cashiers.

I have learnt to always confirm my cash particurlarly if the cashier is a male......before leaving the counter.

It is better to use the money transfer option in order to aviod this kind of stealing.
Re: How Banks Rob People These Days. This Has Got To Stop by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
ogoplus:

The worse was when a lost 10k to a cashier at Diamond Bank Obigbo branch Rivers State.

It is very painful.

Unfortunately the 3 instances when I was paid incomplete cash involved male cashiers. I don't know if is common with male cashiers.

I have learnt to always confirm my cash particurlarly if the cashier is a male......before leaving the counter.

It is better to use the money transfer option in order to aviod this kind of stealing.

You very correct about the transfer thing but sometimes when the sales or payment are done directly and they accumulate overtime what can one do about that apart from direct cash deposit?

This is people's hard earned monies we talking about. How can they remove some notes from bundles of cash knowing that customers can't stay to count larger sums like a million Naira and above most especially when they are in lower denominations like #500 or #200 or even #100?
Re: How Banks Rob People These Days. This Has Got To Stop by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
Once again lalasticlala and other mods lets keep on exposing these injustices... pls
Re: How Banks Rob People These Days. This Has Got To Stop by ednut1(m): 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
withdrawing such amounts in this day and age. make use of bank transfer na. the tellers are behind this nonsense, most are contract staff and are angry with the system hence they do stuffs lik dis
Re: How Banks Rob People These Days. This Has Got To Stop by Adesiji77: 6:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
ednut1:
withdrawing such amounts in this day and age. make use of bank transfer na. the tellers are behind this nonsense, most are contract staff and are angry with the system hence they do stuffs lik dis

Nigerians and unnecessary preference for cash...maybe holding cash gives some people the "kick" angry
Re: How Banks Rob People These Days. This Has Got To Stop by kennyman2000(m): 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
Corruption everywhere
Re: How Banks Rob People These Days. This Has Got To Stop by OCTAVO: 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
ogoplus:

It is very painful.

I had a similar experience with a female cashier o. I withdrew 78k and didn't bother to count cos I assumed it was complete. Upon making payment with the money, we discovered it was short of N600. The person I wanted to pay told me that's how some Bankers behave now. The bank was FCMB, I learnt my lesson that day.
Re: How Banks Rob People These Days. This Has Got To Stop by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
OCTAVO:

I had a similar experience with a female cashier o. I withdrew 78k and didn't bother to count cos I assumed it was complete. Upon making payment with the money, we discovered it was short of N600. The person I wanted to pay told me that's how some Bankers behave now. The bank was FCMB, I learnt my lesson that day.

Cc: seun

(1) (Reply)

How Best To Mitigate Tax Liabilities / Understanding The Concept Of Borrowing Money / Entrepreneurship Series (X): Encore Minibus Transport Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.