Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

What Does Romero’s Arrival At Man Utd Mean For De Gea? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Does Romero’s Arrival At Man Utd Mean For De Gea? (483 Views)

Photos: Neymar's Arrival @ Paris Saint Germain / Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City / 5 Coaches Who Can Successfully REPLACE Van Gaal At Man United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does Romero’s Arrival At Man Utd Mean For De Gea? by Moh4newsafrica(f): 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
The Argentina international has joined the Old Trafford club on a three-year deal, but the future of their current No.1, who is wanted by Real Madrid, remains uncertain

“Penalties are a matter of luck, and I taught Romero how to save penalties so that hurts.”

Louis van Gaal was still able to share a joke with the press after his Netherlands side had been knocked out of the 2014 World Cup. Sergio Romero’s two saves in the semi-final shoot-out in Sao Paulo had just sent Argentina to the final at the expense of the Dutch.

“I joke when I say I taught him, but we brought him to Europe,” added Van Gaal, referring to his decision as coach of Eredivisie side AZ Alkmaar to sign Romero from Racing Club de Avellaneda in 2007.

Now the two have been reunited at Manchester United, David de Gea might suddenly have become more expendable to the 20-time Premier League champions. Van Gaal, it seems, is braced for the Spaniard’s exit.

“I know Romero very well and I think in our situation, if De Gea is going or not going, it is always a threat and we have to take care, make sure that we are prepared,” he told MUTV. “That is why I think it is very good that Sergio Romero is now a Manchester United player.”

http://newsafricanow.com/what-does-romeros-arrival-at-man-utd-mean-for-de-gea/

(1) (Reply)

5 Football Legends Who Will Leave Their Clubs This Summer / Dream Team VI Win All African Games Bronze Medal / Only United Does This....#proudlyred #believe!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.