Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology (1507 Views)

Information Technology Training / International Conference On Applied Information Technology AIT 2015 October 7-9 / Information Technology Companies In Port-harcourt, Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology by lekside44(m): 11:14pm On Mar 15, 2009
how can engineers in this country actively use the advantages offered by IT to enhance design and calculations of formulars that are written in textbooks and taugth in schools?[color=#000099][/color]

Re: Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology by lekside44(m): 10:57am On Mar 31, 2009
to learn autocad 2d/3d, customisation and autmation, mail me at lekside44@yahoo.co.uk. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology by lekside44(m): 7:59pm On Apr 06, 2009
of what importance is computer to modern enginers. its like we learn so much formulars in school, but in the real world, we tends to neglects all those standardisations. i will give kudos to the civil engineers and our building engineeers for adopting at least a larger percentage of what they learn in thier proffessional fields. as for the mechcanical and the chemical engineers, zero is their case. i think this is the time we change or turn things around[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology by jaybee3(m): 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2009
Re: Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology by sirleodon(m): 1:08pm On Apr 09, 2009
Guzs say something nice about Engineering pls because it time to be one
InformationWeek Unified Communications Weblog

Here you'll find observations, anecdotes, and analysis from our experienced staff of reporters and editors, with links to stories, surveys and other content that appear on InformationWeek.com, TechWeb.com, and many other points on the Web. We welcome discussion, and invite you to share your opinions and thoughts. Please participate with us!

Some Highlights Next Week

When I interviewed Avaya CEO Kevin Kennedy last week (transcript here), I was particularly struck by this comment: "My first day at work [at Avaya] was the first of January, and in January we had a bankruptcy of one of the competitors in the marketplace. We had another competitor sort of up the ante in the way they're playing and declare their intentions in the server world. And so the competitive environment actually changed quite a bit."

Ask Not What IPT Can Do For You,

We're getting to the point in the VoiceCon Orlando cycle when I start thinking about what I'm likely to see and hear during the event, what themes I expect to hear repeated over and over during the week. Clearly, a lot of the focus this year is going to be on cost savings, business cases, ROIs, and the like. How could it not be?

so pls tell me
Re: Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology by lekside44(m): 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2009
of what use will this information week be to nigerians engineers who wants to develop software solutions for their various disciplines?[/color][color=#550000]
Re: Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology by blacksta(m): 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2009
lekside44:

of what use will this information week be to nigerians engineers who wants to develop software solutions for their various disciplines?[/color][color=#550000]

Kettle calling pot black. of what use will information or topic u started be off any use to anybody
Re: Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology by lekside44(m): 10:32pm On Apr 13, 2009
well, there is a lot. we engineers here in nigeria are the ones clamoring for a chage. who do we expect to come and change things for us. is it the whites/ a forum like this is meant to enligthing ourself in the field. as for me, i am despirate to have a lot of things change. thats why i want to incorprorate information technology into engineering in this country. this forum is for people with like minds. people who are in the the engineering field, programming and information technology field, or both. this forum will enable us to share ideas and profer solutions
Re: Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology by lekside44(m): 9:23am On Apr 30, 2009
the use of computers for engineers can be classified into 4 major category
1, programming e.g basic, fortran, c ,c++, java e.t.c. these enables the engineer to do calculations of the formulars he has programmed into the computer
2, computer aided design (CAD) e.g autocad, cadkey, archicad, generic cad e.t.c these enables the engineer to use the computer as a drafting machine. because it can represent the design project before production/construction, we can use CAD as a modelling maching. this aslo enables cad integareted with presentation managers to be used for presentations at seminars, classrooms and industries. automation makes CAD to be used for animation. CAD software also enables external ref. for specifications, costing and notes.
3, mathematical softwares and spreed sheets. e.g. mathscad, mathematical, m.s excel e.t.c. these enables the engineer to do complex mathematical calculations such as integratin, differntiation, differential equ. e.t.c . graphical representaion of results are possible. many mathematical softwares solve problems when you type the question the way you write them in your notebooks
4, simulation softwares e.g algol,pSPICE, e.t.c these are the last and most recent use of computers for engineers. it is still undergoing evolution unlike many other applications that have taking their standards. it tends to integrates every aspect of known topics into the design. since the knowledge of engineering is still evolving, it implies that the factors considered into the desing and thus the software are still elvoving. according to morse law, the amount of information available to mankind doubles say every 10 or 15 years. since all factors are important when considering design, i am voting for this software as the future of engineering. our knowledge of engineering is limited to what we learn in school. it should not be suprising that what we study for waec was what you need to know to be a graduate or even a proffesor many hundred years ago. the future generation may as well religate our current university curriculum as school cert. syllabus, thanks to the amount of infomation that must be known to them then. since we have limited capabilities and may ommit certain consideration during design due to omission, ignorant, e.t.c, i think all engineers should start learning simulation software because the outcome have little effect on your personal capabilities.
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology by lekside44(m): 9:22pm On May 01, 2009
AutoCAD is a CAD (Computer Aided Design) software application for 2D and 3D design and drafting, developed and sold by Autodesk, Inc. Initially released in late 1982, AutoCAD was one of the first CAD programs to run on personal computers, and notably the IBM PC. Most CAD software at the time ran on graphics terminals connected to mainframe computers or mini-computers.

In earlier releases, AutoCAD used primitive entities — such as lines, polylines, circles, arcs, and text — as the foundation for more complex objects. Since the mid-1990s, AutoCAD has supported custom objects through its C++ API. Modern AutoCAD includes a full set of basic solid modeling and 3D tools. With the release of AutoCAD 2007 came improved 3D modeling functionality, which meant better navigation when working in 3D. Moreover, it became easier to edit 3D models. The mental ray engine was included in rendering, it was now possible to do quality renderings. AutoCAD 2010 introduced parametric functionality and mesh modeling.

AutoCAD supports a number of application programming interfaces (APIs) for customization and automation. These include AutoLISP, Visual LISP, VBA, .NET and ObjectARX. ObjectARX is a C++ class library, which was also the base for products extending AutoCAD functionality to specific fields, to create products such as AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Civil 3D, or third-party AutoCAD-based applications.

AutoCAD's native file format, DWG, and to a lesser extent, its interchange file format, DXF, have become de facto standards for CAD data interoperability. AutoCAD in recent years has included support for DWF, a format developed and promoted by Autodesk for publishing CAD data. In 2006, Autodesk estimated the number of active DWG files to be in excess of one billion. In the past, Autodesk has estimated the total number of DWG files in existence to be more than three billion.

AutoCAD currently runs exclusively on Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems. Versions for Unix and Mac OS were released in the 1980s and 1990s, but these were later dropped. AutoCAD can run on an emulator or compatibility layer like VMware Workstation or Wine, albeit subject to various performance issues that can often arise when working with 3D objects or large drawings.

Version history

Official name version release date of release comments

AutoCAD Version 1.0 1.0 1 1982, December
AutoCAD Version 1.2 1.2 2 1983, April
AutoCAD Version 1.3 1.3 3 1983, August
AutoCAD Version 1.4 1.4 4 1983, October
AutoCAD Version 2.0 2.0 5 1984, October
AutoCAD Version 2.1 2.1 6 1985, May
AutoCAD Version 2.5 2.5 7 1986, June
AutoCAD Version 2.6 2.6 8 1987, April last version to run without a math co-processor
AutoCAD Release 9 N/A 9 1987, September
AutoCAD Release 10 N/A 10 1988, October
AutoCAD Release 11 N/A 11 1990, October
AutoCAD Release 12 N/A 12 1992, June last release for Apple Macintosh
AutoCAD Release 13 N/A 13 1994, November last release for Unix, MS-DOS and Windows 3.11
AutoCAD Release 14 N/A 14 1997, February
AutoCAD 2000 15.0 15 1999, March
AutoCAD 2000i 15.1 16 2000, July
AutoCAD 2002 15.6 17 2001, June
AutoCAD 2004 16.0 18 2003, March
AutoCAD 2005 16.1 19 2004, March
AutoCAD 2006 16.2 20 2005, March
AutoCAD 2007 17.0 21 2006, March
AutoCAD 2008 17.1 22 2007, March first release available for the x86-64 windows version of XP and Vista
AutoCAD 2009 17.2 23 2008, March
AutoCAD 2010 18.0 24 2009, March 24 introduction of parametrics and two 3D modeling topologies: mesh based and solid modeling
Re: Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology by lekside44(m): 9:18am On May 11, 2009
how can we make models such as these and which softwares are available out there?

Re: Nigerian Engineers And Information Technology by lekside44(m): 3:58pm On May 15, 2009
what are the new features in autocad 2010?

(1) (Reply)

How Does One Go From A Copy And Paste Programmer To Writing Your Own Code / Who Has An Idea On How To Build A Remote Desktop File? / Android Learning Community (ALC) By Andela

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.