Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,830 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Please Web Programmers Help Me On This - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Web Programmers Help Me On This (1494 Views)

Help Web Programmers , How Can I Achieve This / Programmers Help:python Code To Acess Laptop/desktop Camera / Port Harcourt Based Web Programmers Meet-up Whatsapp Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by ucheuzor1(m): 2:00am On Jul 15, 2017
I'm learning web design using w3school offline files. Of late whenever I open the default.htm on a browser and click on one of the programmes like learn html, CSS, JavaScript etc, it pops up showing save "default.asp". I have tried all my browsers and its still showing save as default.asp hence I can't access any of the files to continue my learning. Please I need help on how to get over this. It has really hampered my learning for almost 2weeks now
Re: Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by Hostermipo(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2017
ucheuzor1:
I'm learning web design using w3school offline files. Of late whenever I open the default.htm on a browser and click on one of the programmes like learn html, CSS, JavaScript etc, it pops up showing save "default.asp". I have tried all my browsers and its still showing save as default.asp hence I can't access any of the files to continue my learning. Please I need help on how to get over this. It has really hampered my learnig for almost 2weeks now
do you downolad the file? I dont understand ur question
Re: Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by ucheuzor1(m): 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hostermipo:
do you downolad the file? I dont understand ur question
Even self I was tired for the problem myself. But I have been able to get around it kinda today. I had to create a new user being guest on my laptop, then copied the w3school folder there and was able to access the different tutorials there without that default.asp popping up. I also kinda maneuvered and was able to access it using chrome on my administration end. But if I use Mozilla, cometbird, IE, it still pops up that default. Asp stuff..I will get over it with time...solve problems to learn from them.
Re: Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2017
ucheuzor1:

Even self I was tired for the problem myself. But I have been able to get around it kinda today. I had to create a new user being guest on my laptop, then copied the w3school folder there and was able to access the different tutorials there without that default.asp popping up. I also kinda maneuvered and was able to access it using chrome on my administration end. But if I use Mozilla, cometbird, IE, it still pops up that default. Asp stuff..I will get over it with time...solve problems to learn from them.
you can download sololearn on your phone and learn with that as well tho
Re: Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by mechtronics(m): 1:46am On Jul 16, 2017
what happen is that the w3 school offline page package u are using in not complete and unlink so try to download a full one
Re: Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by timeyinpromise: 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2017
run it on an APACHE SERVER like wamp server, xampp.
Re: Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
You are supposed to download the whole website as a folder, then click on your index.html file
Re: Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
Download the whole webpage, you might need an internet download manager for that.. Other wise you could visit each site separately and then, save pages... Instead of using just w3school for web development, I'll suggest you get some good PDF books to help with HTML, CSs JavaScript... (Try the head first series by O'Reily)
Re: Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by agwaisrael(m): 9:24am On Jul 17, 2017
I think the reason for that prompt is because you somehow downloaded files with ".asp" mime.

The browser might have no way of rendering that.

Since you downloaded the page, chances are that the file has already been parsed on the server. Locate the file on your filesystem and change the ending from ".asp" to ".html".

it's time nigerians move away from Microsoft in my opinion. With Linux systems, you probably won't have this issue

1 Like

Re: Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by Johnmary2016(m): 10:56am On Jul 17, 2017
ucheuzor1:
I'm learning web design using w3school offline files. Of late whenever I open the default.htm on a browser and click on one of the programmes like learn html, CSS, JavaScript etc, it pops up showing save "default.asp". I have tried all my browsers and its still showing save as default.asp hence I can't access any of the files to continue my learning. Please I need help on how to get over this. It has really hampered my learning for almost 2weeks now
[color=#770077][/color] You can download HTTRACK online and install it in your system and use it to copy the whole of w3school.com to your computer and start learning offline. Do not save any page, the software will do the work for you. Let me know if this is helpful. Go to a cyber, dont use your MB... W3SCHOOL is too big. Took me 37hours to download..
Re: Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by ucheuzor1(m): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
bjhaid:
you can download sololearn on your phone and learn with that as well tho
Thanks bro....I have fixed the issue. I will still get the sololearn though
Re: Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by ucheuzor1(m): 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
Johnmary2016:
[color=#770077][/color] You can download HTTRACK online and install it in your system and use it to copy the whole of w3school.com to your computer and start learning offline. Do not save any page, the software will do the work for you. Let me know if this is helpful. Go to a cyber, dont use your MB... W3SCHOOL is too big. Took me 37hours to download..
I have been able to fix the problem. Thanks all the same. I appreciate your help
Re: Please Web Programmers Help Me On This by Desyner: 2:39am On Jul 22, 2017
Get the more complete offline version of w3school

(1) (Reply)

Learn Figma – UI/UX Design Essential Training Course / Vacancy!!! Senior Fullstack Developer At Opus Hive Limited / Smart Recorder App Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.