Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story (23370 Views)

How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! / How PHCN Messed Up My First Video Job Interview At Night / He Missed An Interview Because……. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by Publ1cEnemy(m): 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
Pray
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by Georgekyrian(m): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bro sorry
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by Saucekide25(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
Lesson Learnt
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
Gentlesniper:
better job for you ahead.
Yeah, whatever isn't your can NEVER be yours cool

2 Likes

Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by mikolo80: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
wheesin:
dis story get 'bone leg' undecided
AAzzziinnnnn...
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by mikolo80: 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
acevic:
I had been unemployed for a little while and believe me when I say being depressed measured up as an understatement to describing my state of mind. I reeled out job applications daily and sometimes my faithful blackberry phone ran kaput in the line of duty.
Well, let me cut to the chase and intimate you on my recent interview experience. I had just finished my beans and yam, just about to continue my job search on the internet and later switch to watch some movies when a message came in from a coy; please download, fill and return the attached form to this address it reads. I quickly downloaded the form. They were only concerned about the minimum salary I would be willing to receive as well as the proximity of my residence to their office, as a sharp boy na, of course I gave them the information they wanted because I really wanted to be invited for an interview.

A week later, got another message from the same coy inviting me for an interview. I was indeed very happy to be invited, I said to myself, Vic you mustn’t blow this opportunity. I started preparing for the interview right away and I could barely spend one minute without going over several important interview questions and answers. I was quite convinced and confident I would come out with flying colors on the day of the interview.

NIGHT PRIOR TO INTERVIEW DAY
I had moved to my friend’s place in Surulere as the interview venue was in Ikeja. I could hardly concentrate on the important issues my friend was trying to discuss with me, he quickly noticed my lack of concentration and left me in a solo mood with a parting word gift (Alaye, relax your mind and Good luck tomorrow) I spent the night going over my introduction and several other important interview tips relevant to the position.

INTERVIEW DAY
I woke up as early as possible; I was scheduled for 11:30AM. I put on my best suit with my “isale apoti” white shirt and I hit the road. I got to the venue early enough and I was given a plain sheet of paper (you know the normal drill). Please put down your name and have a seat sir, the young pretty lady said. The texture and tone of her voice alone sent a soothing relief down my spine that I almost forgot I was there for an interview. She walked past me and believe me it would have been a crime if I had carried over seeing the yellow thigh that lies under her mini skirt. I pinched myself and I was lucky to snap back quickly enough.

MY INFIDELITY MY MISTAKE
The interview took another dimension as we were informed to prepare for a quick test. I was not moved a bit, few minutes later, I was called in and given a plain sheet of paper again, I was to write an application letter as the first test. I smiled and in few minutes I done did it. Then came the true test of my integrity, I am ashamed to say I failed utterly not because I couldn’t answer the questions but because I chose to the wrong path to answering the questions. I cheated. I was not prepared for the kinda of questions I met and I became really nervous; a computer was placed in front of me and I was instructed to type my answers on MS Word. I looked at the questions and I asked myself why I never thought to do a little research on the topic, in a split second, I saw a way to quickly get it over with and I didn’t even think about the implications of getting caught in the act. The computer I was given had an active internet connection and I just added Google to my friends list immediately, oh yea I made Google my friend. There is always a feeling that comes with you doing the wrong thing; I was not at ease because I knew I was making a very wrong move. Suddenly, the lady came in after 8 minutes with a smile on her face “I hope you are almost done, you have just 2 more minutes to submit” she came closer to see how I was doing with the test. I became immediately uneasy and I knew right away that she sensed a foul soup cooking on the computer but she didn’t see nothing. I had closed and deleted everything as swiftly as possible before she made her way to my desk.

I was called in to face the CEO in his office for the main interview and after about ten minutes of chatting, I was told to wait for the last phase of the interview along with some other candidates. I look at the other candidates’ faces and I said to myself this job could be mine but you have messed up. Something deep down kept telling me how much of a disappointment I was to have done such a horrible thing. I felt awful lotta guilt running down my spine and I was so overwhelmed with it. I went in for the last phase and I nailed it just like I nailed the one before it. My heart was heavy as I lifted my case with my right hand and walked out of the reception. I had been told alongside with the other candidates that we would be contacted.

I felt very bad not because I didn’t perform well but because I let my guard down in the spirit of getting the offer at all cost and compromise my integrity in the process. I could say the frustration of being unemployed and the fright of ‘what if’ I failed the interview pushed me down the lane of having to cheat but those reasons just don’t cut it, they ain’t valid enough reasons to ever involve in such act.

I know myself to have a reasonable level of confidence but I chickened out the moment the lady came in at the 8th minute. Why? Because I was doing the wrong thing and it probably cost me the chance of getting the job. Aside the fact that the act is so ungodly, it also diminishes one’s self confidence and erodes your good sense of judgment.

I made a terrible mistake and believe me, I was not moved a bit that I was not given an offer (I wouldn’t have taken it cos of the salary anyways) but was disturbed for weeks and I felt sharing this experience, could go a long way in helping someone somewhere make a rock solid decision of staying true and upholding their integrity no matter the circumstance.

even withh google if how you write is how you did interview you will never get a job based on merit cos 1 single sense you no make.plenty plenty grammar no one single fact to hold on to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by Vivly(f): 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
Story for Babalawo.
You Google, you no Google, na u sabi.
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by Coolcash1: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
This is really an epistle. Boring and too long...

#walks away

1 Like

Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
brainzdh:
Hey single ladies!!!! Here is one honest fellow, hook him up fast. lolz. Nice one OP.
Laye laye, them no go see this one, if na Lynus mba , them go rush am fast fast. Before you know it they will be singing, I love the way you lie.

1 Like

Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by oluwadanie1(m): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
khassy:
land for sale

beware of fraudulent in-laws and family members
cc boigrammz Wheesin
na everywhere you buy land keep??
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by BoiGrammz: 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
oluwadanie1:

guy are you giving or not??
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by oluwadanie1(m): 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
BoiGrammz:
guy are you giving or not??
ah dy come, i'll give you 2mao
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by oluwadanie1(m): 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
Olsoo, my sub don finish o
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by doskie(m): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
acevic:
I had been unemployed for a little while and believe me when I say being depressed measured up as an understatement to describing my state of mind. I reeled out job applications daily and sometimes my faithful blackberry phone ran kaput in the line of duty.
Well, let me cut to the chase and intimate you on my recent interview experience. I had just finished my beans and yam, just about to continue my job search on the internet and later switch to watch some movies when a message came in from a coy; please download, fill and return the attached form to this address it reads. I quickly downloaded the form. They were only concerned about the minimum salary I would be willing to receive as well as the proximity of my residence to their office, as a sharp boy na, of course I gave them the information they wanted because I really wanted to be invited for an interview.

A week later, got another message from the same coy inviting me for an interview. I was indeed very happy to be invited, I said to myself, Vic you mustn’t blow this opportunity. I started preparing for the interview right away and I could barely spend one minute without going over several important interview questions and answers. I was quite convinced and confident I would come out with flying colors on the day of the interview.

I had moved to my friend’s place in Surulere as the interview venue was in Ikeja. I could hardly concentrate on the important issues my friend was trying to discuss with me, he quickly noticed my lack of concentration and left me in a solo mood with a parting word gift (Alaye, relax your mind and Good luck tomorrow) I spent the night going over my introduction and several other important interview tips relevant to the position.

INTERVIEW DAY
I woke up as early as possible; I was scheduled for 11:30AM. I put on my best suit with my “isale apoti” white shirt and I hit the road. I got to the venue early enough and I was given a plain sheet of paper (you know the normal drill). Please put down your name and have a seat sir, the young pretty lady said. The texture and tone of her voice alone sent a soothing relief down my spine that I almost forgot I was there for an interview. She walked past me and believe me it would have been a crime if I had carried over seeing the yellow thigh that lies under her mini skirt. I pinched myself and I was lucky to snap back quickly enough.

MY INFIDELITY MY MISTAKE
The interview took another dimension as we were informed to prepare for a quick test. I was not moved a bit, few minutes later, I was called in and given a plain sheet of paper again, I was to write an application letter as the first test. I smiled and in few minutes I done did it. Then came the true test of my integrity, I am ashamed to say I failed utterly not because I couldn’t answer the questions but because I chose to the wrong path to answering the questions. I cheated. I was not prepared for the kinda of questions I met and I became really nervous; a computer was placed in front of me and I was instructed to type my answers on MS Word. I looked at the questions and I asked myself why I never thought to do a little research on the topic, in a split second, I saw a way to quickly get it over with and I didn’t even think about the implications of getting caught in the act. The computer I was given had an active internet connection and I just added Google to my friends list immediately, oh yea I made Google my friend. There is always a feeling that comes with you doing the wrong thing; I was not at ease because I knew I was making a very wrong move. Suddenly, the lady came in after 8 minutes with a smile on her face “I hope you are almost done, you have just 2 more minutes to submit” she came closer to see how I was doing with the test. I became immediately uneasy and I knew right away that she sensed a foul soup cooking on the computer but she didn’t see nothing. I had closed and deleted everything as swiftly as possible before she made her way to my desk.

I was called in to face the CEO in his office for the main interview and after about ten minutes of chatting, I was told to wait for the last phase of the interview along with some other candidates. I look at the other candidates’ faces and I said to myself this job could be mine but you have messed up. Something deep down kept telling me how much of a disappointment I was to have done such a horrible thing. I felt awful lotta guilt running down my spine and I was so overwhelmed with it. I went in for the last phase and I nailed it just like I nailed the one before it. My heart was heavy as I lifted my case with my right hand and walked out of the reception. I had been told alongside with the other candidates that we would be contacted.

I felt very bad not because I didn’t perform well but because I let my guard down in the spirit of getting the offer at all cost and compromise my integrity in the process. I could say the frustration of being unemployed and the fright of ‘what if’ I failed the interview pushed me down the lane of having to cheat but those reasons just don’t cut it, they ain’t valid enough reasons to ever involve in such act.

I know myself to have a reasonable level of confidence but I chickened out the moment the lady came in at the 8th minute. Why? Because I was doing the wrong thing and it probably cost me the chance of getting the job. Aside the fact that the act is so ungodly, it also diminishes one’s self confidence and erodes your good sense of judgment.

I made a terrible mistake and believe me, I was not moved a bit that I was not given an offer (I wouldn’t have taken it cos of the salary anyways) but was disturbed for weeks and I felt sharing this experience, could go a long way in helping someone somewhere make a rock solid decision of staying true and upholding their integrity no matter the circumstance.

long? boring write up with title better than content

a screed
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by HiGod: 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
You are not alone in this mess, Op.

I went through the same shit before i was given my letter of appointment at this present job. I was embarrassingly caught in the act of using Google to surf for answers to the given questions.

There were hidden cameras on top of my head; looking down at the keyboard and Display unit-screen.

However, I got the job.
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by babasanti: 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
Get rich or die trying
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by BoiGrammz: 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
oluwadanie1:

ah dy come, i'll give you 2mao
Abe check portal na.. Na 2moa I wan enter school
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by khassy(m): 10:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
oluwadanie1:

e no easy ooo undecided
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by stonecoldcafe: 10:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
Goodness me! You worry sha. undecided
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by 812clothings(m): 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Nature129:

Permit me to divert a little, OP. Your written English is SHARP...erm I can't pretend not to have noticed your literary prowess because poor English makes me fidget. Lolz

Back to the subject now, just relax because at God's appointed time you'll get a job. If our leaders had had consciences, believe me, we wouldn't have been suffering so much to get jobs in Nigeria.

God never forsakes His people.
I would have left this thread if I hadn't found your comment. I always appreciate it,when correct english comes before internet language on preference scale. I noticed your punctuation,KUDOS.

1 Like

Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
You chose your 1st 5 lines straight outta my mouth. Ooooshey!

daey118:
first of all there is no need to feel bad ..those people actually left the internet on for a reason .they probably wanted to see how far any of you would go to get results ..how you choose to do it ? they dont care . ever wondered how banks give small girls unreasonable targets and still never show them how to go about it .yet they expect it to be met ? abi you want to tell me that their managers dont know that some of those their marketers are doing RUNZ. i once wrote a test nd the prof left the hall. yet some peope failed and some passed and some passed like MAD!
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by respect80(m): 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
U try
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by urchmail2015(m): 1:23am On Jul 29, 2015
bro you never messed up.this is just a step to the beginning of a new era.contact me and be your own boss.its your decission,you are free to misunderstand me or take me for a play,but i will be expecting your mail.onukaghauche6@outlook.com
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by acevic: 7:20am On Jul 29, 2015
mikolo80:
even withh google if how you write is how you did interview you will never get a job based on merit cos 1 single sense you no make.plenty plenty grammar no one single fact to hold on to.

Bro,
Firstly, if you can't deduce a single sense from this story, I suggest you read all over again and if you still cldnt, focus on the last paragraph.
Secondly, if all you see is plenty plenty grammar then its either you are hating or you ve got "grammar problem" cos its simple story devoid of "big grammar". You need to chillax, read and understand the inwardness of the story. I didn't cook up the story and I expected to be judged by peeps like you when writing it. I hate to burst ur bubbles, even if you judge me from now till 2099, it will have no effect cos e no dey worry me again.

The single fact to hold is . Its a bad to CHEAT. Geddit?

1 Like

Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by igweamaka85(m): 9:22am On Jul 29, 2015
Na wa o! Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by oluwadanie1(m): 9:39am On Jul 29, 2015
BoiGrammz:
Abe check portal na.. Na 2moa I wan enter school

Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by BoiGrammz: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2015
oluwadanie1:

thanks baba cheesy
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 29, 2015
Sorry bro. It was a really grave mistake. They didn't just left the internet connection open for the fun of it. They were actually monitoring all the systems to see which one will use up some bandwidth. The specifically told you to use only ms-word. Next time you find yourself in such situation, try to remember that you are using a computer that is networked with an IT expert sitting at the server. If they weren't doing that, then be sure that there are hidden cameras focused on your screen.
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by Bhayomi(m): 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
Op! Op! I know sey one day u go make us proud..
Well I pray you come back soon to share your breakthrough with us.
If you have ever watched a film titled " exam" you will learn from it. Cheers.
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by mikolo80: 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
acevic:

Bro,
Firstly, if you can't deduce a single sense from this story, I suggest you read all over again and if you still cldnt, focus on the last paragraph.
Secondly, if all you see is plenty plenty grammar then its either you are hating or you ve got "grammar problem" cos its simple story devoid of "big grammar". You need to chillax, read and understand the inwardness of the story. I didn't cook up the story and I expected to be judged by peeps like you when writing it. I hate to burst ur bubbles, even if you judge me from now till 2099, it will have no effect cos e no dey worry me again.

The single fact to hold is . Its a bad to CHEAT. Geddit?
this hi why you failed the interview. simple question you went rambling off point

for example where did I say you were lying yet you went there

two. e no worry you yet you come here come lament

Three how did you cheat
how did they catch you

no details
Just inference

which interviewer will waste his time deciphering what you meant

instead of learning you're defending the indefensible

anyway anoda interview is coming
if you like go and write like this and come back and tell me whether you're tired of failing
Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by Zirah: 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
But you write so well!

acevic:

INTERVIEW DAY

MY INFIDELITY MY MISTAKE

Re: How I Messed Up An Interview. True Story by Pureheart91(m): 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
Abeg Bros acevic..i undastd say u go 4 anoda interview...sucess oo..me wan mak u b help me arrangie hw to take zama a gud Application letta...or any oda persn fit helep a broda..una tank u oo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Tips To Help You Get A Job Abroad From Nigeria / Vacancies At Workforce Management Centre (WFMC) - 2nd Nov, 2015 / LAPO Is Recruiting Personal Assistant To Director And Marketer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.