Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Are you for or against NUC suspending Verified online Schooling. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are you for or against NUC suspending Verified online Schooling. (616 Views)

NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities / My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? / Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are you for or against NUC suspending Verified online Schooling. by wkkwl: 12:32am On Jul 28, 2015
Rather than condemn you for such a weak comment, I will educate you instead. Awolowo got his first degree from the prestigious University of London as a distance learning student. He never went to London for his first degree. Internet only came to enhance it. Without internet, I would not be able to know that there are still ignorant people that follow old professors and their archaic mentality like this. Majority of the schools that offer online colleges in the US and at least 40 years older than the first University in Nigeria (I mean the University College Ibadan- now UI). The kind of accreditation they have, no Nigerian university may have it in the near term if they continue to remain under the old men of NUC. I will give you an example. AACSB is the global standard for courses in the College of Business and Accounting. Please type AACSB accredited universities and search for any university in Nigeria there. Find out which University in Nigeria has it apart from LBS that made recent attempt to pursue it for their MBA course. If the likes of Harvard, Stanford, West Texas, Kaplan, Phoenix, Liverpool in the UK, Princeton, and the entire Ivy-league universities in America are offering online degrees, you can see how backward Nigeria is. A few people are good though, but the sort out their destiny through personal effort. The good teachers in Nigeria are handicapped and held back bu the lack of innovation in NUC and they are stock in old curriculum. Please copy your comment and save it for the future. After your eyes open later you will be ashamed that you made that comment.
Re: Are you for or against NUC suspending Verified online Schooling. by DoroMega: 12:47am On Jul 28, 2015
So many fakes, they just want your money.
Re: Are you for or against NUC suspending Verified online Schooling. by tboibamz: 1:34am On Jul 28, 2015
Online school has been suspended? When? Why?
Re: Are you for or against NUC suspending Verified online Schooling. by eleojo23: 5:45am On Jul 28, 2015
For the guy saying that these online universities are fake and just out to get your money, do your research well before you settle for a particular university.
You are most likely to fall into the hands of fake people if you are looking for where you will pay low tuition fees. However, there are actually genuine online universities with lower tuition when compared with their counterparts. But an insanely low tuition is a red flag unless it is an MOOC (massive open online course) or a certificate program.

As for the NUC ban, they are just being lazy. They don't want to do the rigorous work of regulating the online programs. I was expecting them to do a research and come up with a list of genuine online universities that Nigerians can attend instead of banning everything.

Well, that one is their own. Their so called ban/suspension won't stop me from doing as many online programs as I want. And I am not doing the online programs for anyone to employ me. It is for my own personal development. In the end, all that matters is the stuff you have inside you. If you prove your competence in your chosen endeavour, it won't matter whether your qualification was obtained online or in a physical classroom.
Re: Are you for or against NUC suspending Verified online Schooling. by wkkwl: 7:57am On Jul 28, 2015
I called up one of the directors of NUC some days back before the banned on online courses by the so-called NUC, name withheld 'he said Nigeria does not have the right to the universities outside its shores,but to be on safe side before you attend a UNI online abroad,check if the uni is accredited in their own country and if the have the license to operate as an online university these are some of the things you put into consideration he told me,

There are legit and even not very expensive online universites out there and so many Nigerians are taking online courses in some of this school and some of them work offshore and offshore facilities are multi national companies,some of them are registered with WHO,U.N and accredited in their home country.

So what are we saying

Wish mod can take this to front page for more contribution.

(1) (Reply)

List Of M Sc. Physics Branches @ UNILAG / JAMB Redistribution Policy: Check The Institution You Have Been Assigned To / The Unilag Rape Saga And Matters Arising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.