Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Forgotten Leaders Of Tomorrow - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Forgotten Leaders Of Tomorrow (1114 Views)

Today And Tomorrow!(dedicated To My Wife) / "Waiting For Tomorrow" A Poem By A Nairalander / If Tomorrow Never Comes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forgotten Leaders Of Tomorrow by invinzible1: 1:24am On Jul 28, 2015
undecided[size=8pt][/size]they say we are the leaders of tomorrow
But our tomorrow never comes
Sometimes at night
I lie awake thinking about my
Society my Nigeria the so called
Giant of Africa, the so called ikemba of Africa

They say our country is a developing country
But I say it is a stagnant one
Yesterday I wept bitterly
When they say our leader is a septuagenarian
Oh my country visionlessness is killing
Despite the plentifulness of fruits in our
Gardens we still strive in misery and poverty
We have emaciated bones due to malnutrition

The drivers claim they know it all
Now they are driving us in the wrong path
They are jeopardizing our future
We are the forgotten leaders of tomorrow
We bear the consequences of the wrongs of
Our older generation what have we done
What about the peace they promise us
What about the the dying children
What about the things they say we are to gain
Have they forgotten all about the blood they shed
What have we done to them
Why they have taken our birth right
Our future would be determined
By our hands.
Re: Forgotten Leaders Of Tomorrow by invinzible1: 1:25am On Jul 28, 2015
invinzible1:
they say we are the leaders of tomorrow But our tomorrow never comes Sometimes at night I lie awake thinking about my Society my Nigeria the so called Giant of Africa, the so called ikemba of Africa

They say our country is a developing country But I say it is a stagnant one Yesterday I wept bitterly When they say our leader is a septuagenarian Oh my country visionlessness is killing Despite the plentifulness of fruits in our Gardens we still strive in misery and poverty We have emaciated bones due to malnutrition

The drivers claim they know it all Now they are driving us in the wrong path They are jeopardizing our future We are the forgotten leaders of tomorrow We bear the consequences of the wrongs of Our older generation what have we done What about the peace they promise us What about the the dying children What about the things they say we are to gain

Have they forgotten all about the blood they shed What have we done to them Why they have taken our birth right Our future would be determined By our hands let me be the Hangman that would hang myself For the future of my nation. [center] they say we are the leaders of tomorrow But our tomorrow never comes Sometimes at night I lie awake thinking about my Society my Nigeria the so called Giant of Africa, the so called ikemba of Africa

They say our country is a developing country But I say it is a stagnant one Yesterday I wept bitterly When they say our leader is a septuagenarian Oh my country visionlessness is killing Despite the plentifulness of fruits in our Gardens we still strive in misery and poverty We have emaciated bones due to malnutrition

The drivers claim they know it all Now they are driving us in the wrong path They are jeopardizing our future We are the forgotten leaders of tomorrow We bear the consequences of the wrongs of Our older generation what have we done What about the peace they promise us What about the the dying children What about the things they say we are to gain

Have they forgotten all about the blood they shed What have we done to them Why they have taken our birth right Our future would be determined By our hands let me be the Hangman that would hang myself For the future of my nation. [/center] they say we are the leaders of tomorrow But our tomorrow never comes Sometimes at night I lie awake thinking about my Society my Nigeria the so called Giant of Africa, the so called ikemba of Africa

Have they forgotten all about the blood they shed What have we done to them Why they have taken our birth right Our future would be determined By our hands let me be the Hangman that would hang myself For the future of my nation.
[center]
invinzible1:
they say we are the leaders of tomorrow But our tomorrow never comes Sometimes at night I lie awake thinking about my Society my Nigeria the so called Giant of Africa, the so called ikemba of Africa

Have they forgotten all about the blood they shed What have we done to them Why they have taken our birth right Our future would be determined By our hands let me be the Hangman that would hang myself For the future of my nation. [center] they say we are the leaders of tomorrow But our tomorrow never comes Sometimes at night I lie awake thinking about my Society my Nigeria the so called Giant of Africa, the so called ikemba of Africa

Have they forgotten all about the blood they shed What have we done to them Why they have taken our birth right Our future would be determined By our hands let me be the Hangman that would hang myself For the future of my nation. [/center] they say we are the leaders of tomorrow But our tomorrow never comes Sometimes at night I lie awake thinking about my Society my Nigeria the so called Giant of Africa, the so called ikemba of Africa

Have they forgotten all about the blood they shed What have we done to them Why they have taken our birth right Our future would be determined By our hands let me be the Hangman that would hang myself For the future of my nation.
[/center]
invinzible1:

(1) (Reply)

The Rain Falls / I May Not Be Sure: / Jealous Of A Friend:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.