Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,698 members, 7,955,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit (27024 Views)

Kenyan Lady: “Every Nigerian Is Frustrated And Likes To Shout” / 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 / 12 Things Every Nigerian That Came Back With A Foreign Accent Will Get (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by tuzle(m): 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
for now the word north use to fear me
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by Godfullsam(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
All the cities mentioned above are very hot. I can't fit visit hot cities.
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 28, 2015
I love J-Town" being hopin to visit' infact wud love to visit but d'only problem is comin back wit my complete body part"
BOKO Haram
God help northern NIGERIA
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by bishopcarterIV: 1:21pm On Jul 28, 2015
Go do wetin undecided undecided undecided

the fear of Boko-haram is the beginning of naija army push up grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
If e passs SS/SE and lagos count me out.
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by fulanimafia: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bless you OP.

1 Like

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by Lord001: 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
godoluwa:
I AM NOT INTERESTED!!!

Who bothers? *hissssssssss

1 Like

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by naijainfogalery: 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
i will think about it
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by fulanimafia: 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Two cities to fall in love with apart from the two K's, are Jos and Sokoto.
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by Thryphosa(m): 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
Where is Sokoto? It's a nice place to be!

1 Like

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by coolzeal(m): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thinking about it is suicidal and against my logic. In nutshell, My grandmother will personally rise up from her grave to reset my brain with a hot slap. No! i won't visit even if you pay me..
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by umarfantami(m): 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
Why You no mention MAIDUGURI now ??
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by Blazinraj01(f): 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
Apparently, most of us in the south have a clear misrepresentation of the North. It is a beautiful region. Presently in Bauchi cheesy and enjoying it.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by okekeman(m): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
natasha:
Erm Poster, please check your geography again. Jos (Plateau) , Minna, (Niger) Suleja, (Abuja or Niger ...depending on which side of the coin you belong) Lafia (Nasarrawa), Zaria (Kaduna) are all middle belt states so perhaps you should consider amending your title or geographical skills or both? undecided undecided

Geographically "Middle Belt" is North Central which is same as "North"

1 Like

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by nijanigga: 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
victorels:
jovago.com

I believe you have not being to most Northern cities.

Visit Shendam in Plateau State.
There you will see a city where Igbos are indigene of the community.

You will be greeted with a large and lively market with lots of agricultural product.

Langtang

This is also known as the city of generals.
This citys natural environment is still intact with high rising trees that provides a very comfortable fresh breath to it inhabitant.

It also has large Markets and adorable structures that will make you want to visit again after first visit.
How about Namu ? the town of Yam, in those days,I don't know about now.
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by Humanbeingyahoocom(f): 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
What about MADUGURI?

1 Like

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by tataiwo09(m): 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
The only State I Hate in Nigeria is Kebbi...My Padi went to serve there,after spending months He died

Miss feelings
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by Omololu007(m): 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
tataiwo09:
The only State I Hate in Nigeria is Kebbi...My Padi went to serve there,after spending months He died

Miss feelings
ehya,,,,i can neva work or live in d north includin abuja xcept for kwara.
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by basilo101: 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
I am in minna ryt nw. Minna is not a city
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by 2dillu2(m): 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
natasha:
Erm Poster, please check your geography again. Jos (Plateau) , Minna, (Niger) Suleja, (Abuja or Niger ...depending on which side of the coin you belong) Lafia (Nasarrawa), Zaria (Kaduna) are all middle belt states so perhaps you should consider amending your title or geographical skills or both? undecided undecided
they are all in North central part of the country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by donigspain(m): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
natasha:
You are wrong! There is nothing like Middle Belt in Nigeria political and/or geographical structure. We have North (West, Central and East) and then South (West, South and East).

"You think you know; be sure you know." undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by swapT(m): 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
10 ways to MAYBE meet ur waterloo...
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by ooshinibos: 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
Jovago:

For many, the thought of Northern Nigeria conjures up images of bomb-damaged and dangerous cities with inhospitable residents; however, this is not entirely true as the region features idyllic cascades, picturesque plateaus, captivating architecture and welcoming locals who are proud to show off their local cities and culture.

Those who are eventually drawn in by allure that the northern regions of of the country has, very rarely know where to go in that corner of the nation, and so for the most part end up avoiding it all together. There is however something very unique and exotic about these cities that should make most Nigerians want to visit at least once in their lifetime.

Here’s a look at Jovago.com’s Top 10 cities to visit in Northern Nigeria!

Birnin Kebbi

The capital city of Kebbi State and headquarters of the Gwandu Emirate, Birnin Kebbi is a city that boasts a blend of culture, history and tradition. Despite its decline as a river port owing to unstable political conditions, it now serves as a major local market center for food resources. Its narrow streets are lined with restaurants and bars beckoning for you to eat, drink and appreciate the culture.

Kaduna

Kaduna, the capital of Kaduna State is a popular trade center and a major transportation hub in the northern region. Its symbol is the crocodile, called kada in the native Hausa language. While the city has lost some of its allure, it remains scenic, welcoming, and rife with landmarks and cultural attractions, securing its position on list of must-go cities up north.

Minna

With rejuvenation over the last few years, Minna, capital of Niger State, now receives recognition and travel limelight. A museum city full of monuments and memorials that attract both multi-cultural nationals, it has an eclectic blend of Christian and Islamic traditions which has given birth to a spirited and colorful society.

Kano

The capital of Kano state and the commercial nerve centre of Northern Nigeria, as well as the second largest city in the country after Lagos, Kano is a city to experience. Somehow Kano remains overlooked by foreign visitors as a major destination, especially since it does not boast of skyscrapers, but is rather filled with low-rise buildings, mostly in a splendid neo-classical style. Those who eventually venture into the city however discover a city of first-rate architecture, food, and cultural life. Some of its tourist attractions include Kurmi Market established in the 15th century, Kano’s centuries-old city wall, and Gidan Rumfa (Emir’s Palace, the oldest continuous site of authority in Nigeria).

Bauchi

Known for its festivals, especially Durbar whose main feature is horse racing, as well as its arts and crafts, versatile production of metal works (such as weaponry), pottery, mat weaving and leather works, Bauchi is a city of complex character and genuine appeal. Their traditional wrestling and boxing dexterity, draws in participants even from neighboring countries of Niger, Chad and Cameroon. Other attractions include the Wikki warm spring, Yankari National park, Sumu wildlife, Marshall Caves, Dukkey wells, and Tunga Dutse.

Zaria

Formerly known as Zazzau and a major city in Kaduna State in Northern Nigeria, Zaria is one of Nigeria’s oldest cities and therefore has lots of history to tell. However, not everything about the city is old. It has a young population thanks to Ahmadu Bello University, the largest in Nigeria and the second largest on the African continent. There is a certain old world atmosphere in several of its neighborhoods radiating from a place where people typically reside in traditional adobe compounds. And there is always something to do, with all the major sights within walking distance.

Suleja

While it has more of a local than national appeal, Suleja may be the most attractively surprising city in Nigeria. It’s an overlooked treasure in Niger state, just north of the country’s capital, Abuja. There are great restaurants and galleries, and a major dose of history. It is also recognized as a center of excellence for traditional West African pottery, namely the world famous Ladi Kwali Pottery Centre, established by Michael Cardew in 1950. This city is a year-round destination that is worth at least a weekend or one night of your life.

Jos

Although Jos has been greatly affected by religious and political crises and other social problems in recent times, it is a city that should be on any Nigerian’s itinerary. There is the numerous sights and sounds, majestic wildlife and excellent food. It’s a city that, despite its recent history, still exudes an intangible charm.

Yola

A truly inspiring metropolis, Yola also serves as the administrative capital of the Adamawa state. Some of the best things to see and experience in Yola include: the Three Sister Hills, which are three scenic rock formations standing side by side at the same height; the Njuwa Lake fishing festival; The Lamido’s Palace and the annual horse-riding durbar. Take a city tour to get your bearings and see all of the beauty that is Yola.

Lafia

A town in Central Nigeria, Lafia, is a labyrinth of narrow pedestrian-friendly streets, and historic architecture that ignites the wanderlust in everyone who visits the city. It is currently the largest town in Nasarawa state.

sort out your security issues ,and all the world will come to your country ...Nigerian tourism can generation billions for the Government and create millions of jobs if we can just sort out the security issues and provide electricity ( the north used to be the safest place in Nigeria , oh well that's not so anymore )
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
nijanigga:

How about Namu ? the town of Yam, in those days,I don't know about now.

The Yam are still there. But trust me, it is more expensive than it used to be because my Igbo brothers are taking over the business. It is a good thing though. The people are now richer than they use to be.

The Local government is still developing though. Qua'an Pan Local Government.
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
Austindark:
Like seriously??

Visit north
I will only visit it if buhari and victorels will go with me

I am there already. If you have some savings, I will help you spend it by taking you to some wonderful places like Kura Falls built an managed by the whites in Jos but now occupied by Fulani Herds men/ Boko Haram.

Although the fulani Herds men are currently on a killing spree in that area, they will spare you if you call on the name "Buhari".

It is an Invitation. Are you coming?

1 Like

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by pupsyd: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thank you. I NO GO
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by Spydamannn(m): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
My childhood sweetheart Lives in Lafia now,Would have Loved to go see her but Olorun Maje...I fear North Die
I would love to visit kano and Jos someday tho
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by hansad: 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2015
godoluwa:
I AM NOT INTERESTED!!!

North of Nigeria has driven southerners away from north.

North started to do that when 12 northern states adopted the use of sharia criminal laws beginning last two decades.

Eventually, Boko Haram emerged and did the cleansing of southerners from north.

Boko Haram says it is fighting for a country friendly with sharia criminal laws.

Without 12 northern states adopting sharia criminal laws, Boko Haram could not find where to perch in northern Nigeria.

Any southerner living in north today has no where to return to.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by AreaFada2: 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2015
Obaiyski:
Hehehehe! Why people dey fear North like this dude above..

Anyway here's my dream city below grin grin

Na Bible say "Fear North". grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by honeywealth75(m): 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ilorin nko, abi no be north again?
Re: 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit by hansad: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
After running away from the north and abandoning one's life investments there, what the heck can make one return there again?

Until northern governments pay full compensation for those murdered as well as pay for businesses abandoned by fleeing southerners....

Tourism is the greatest money-yielding industry. But because north wants the of use of sharia criminal laws, Nigeria's problems of today started in the north; north loses huge sums of money from tourism because of sharia criminal laws and the Boko Haram problems that followed.

for now, north only depends on oil money which it has recently recaptured through Nigerians voting Buhari president.

Going to visit north of Nigeria - for what?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Asking Nigerians To Write IELTS (Petition) / Zenith Bank Christmas Lights Set To Switch On This Saturday / Fuel Tanker Loses Control In Oyo, Rams Into Cab, Crushes 5 To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.