Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

My Car Stalls When Slowing Down - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Stalls When Slowing Down (859 Views)

Car Stalls While Driving / What To Do If Your Hybrid Car Stalls On The Road / Car Stalls When Hot; Solved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Stalls When Slowing Down by JhaayYoung: 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
Noticed for about two weeks now that my car stalls at times when slowing down. It's a Toyota Camry 1999 model. It happens about twice a day.. When I am driving on a rough road where I have to slow down or coming down a sloppy rough road. It stalls and I have to shift the gear to park and restArt the car..
HELP PLsss!!
Re: My Car Stalls When Slowing Down by Baldmarv(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Check your EGR Valve and VSV too..probably clogged up!
Re: My Car Stalls When Slowing Down by Kashif(m): 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
JhaayYoung:
Noticed for about two weeks now that my car stalls at times when slowing down. It's a Toyota Camry 1999 model. It happens about twice a day.. When I am driving on a rough road where I have to slow down or coming down a sloppy rough road. It stalls and I have to shift the gear to park and restArt the car..
HELP PLsss!!

Given the info above, its with your torque converter clutch that remains engaged below the required speed limit. This could be caused by sticking solenoid, valve or even faulty VSS. Have the car scanned first for clues.
Re: My Car Stalls When Slowing Down by cocoduck: 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
Vaccum leak
Re: My Car Stalls When Slowing Down by JhaayYoung: 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
As much as I appreciate all the comments above, I virtually understand none of it.. Will google thier meanings... Thanks
Re: My Car Stalls When Slowing Down by philip0906(m): 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Use this site's diagnostic feature to tell what is happening. . .http://www.autobox.ng/index.php?route=diagnosis/diagnosis

Works great!
Re: My Car Stalls When Slowing Down by Kashif(m): 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
cocoduck:
Vaccum leak

How is that?
Re: My Car Stalls When Slowing Down by Kashif(m): 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
JhaayYoung:
As much as I appreciate all the comments above, I virtually understand none of it.. Will google thier meanings... Thanks

Have you scanned the car?
Re: My Car Stalls When Slowing Down by JhaayYoung: 4:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
No I haven't.... I see a lot of screen grabs with phone screen showing the scanning results.. How do I get my phone to do that?
Re: My Car Stalls When Slowing Down by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
On a related note, you don't have to shift to park to restart your car. Just shift the lever to N while the car coasts & restart or preferably as it sputters to prevent stalling.

(1) (Reply)

Rolls - Royce Motor Cars Unveil The Black Badge / Court Removes FRSC ’ S Power To Fine Motorists / FRSC ICE Is Free, Pick Your Phone And Do Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.