Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,800 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism (9688 Views)

One man, One wife / Help - My Wife Wants An Open Marriage / Feminism: The True Colour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by KanwuliaJara: 1:34am On Jul 29, 2015
Phema:

Really, i do think this is subjective.

For some people, sex is merely two different bodies riding against each other. For some others, it goes beyond that and actually involves emotions, feelings, love.

To each his own. Whatever works for a couple. . .

In Africa, SEX is LOVE!
I dash una! cheesy
If I wan phock, I know where to go! If I want LOVE, na only ME fit provide am for myself. Never with a BLACK NIGGA!

I nor fit do "primitive ORIGINAL GOBE love" with Naija man o! Twa!!!!

All na contract shikena! cool
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by gidjah(m): 6:51am On Jul 29, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Answer: YES!!!! kiss

Love has nothing to do with SEX!
The kind of DEEP love you can ever have for any human, can NEVER involve SEX! It is too pure to be tarnished by SEX!

It is spiritual! kiss

Do you love with your heart or sexual organ? undecided

Love has MANY phases. The PUREST form of love does not involve SEX period! kiss

If couples still find themselves sexually-desirable, they are still living IN THE FLESH! kiss.

That is NOT love!!!! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBMriOspUvA
hey hey !,_sex is d cementing part of any rekationship o, without sex ,the bonding is in complete, you can never take away that from any union, it is even the uthmost of of the reason for the union between A Man and A Woman by God him self (Genesis- be fruifuil and Multiply).all the same your reminding me of this finest artistsvof old times is causing me to like you ma, begees were my one time best artists,.mmmmmGod bless you for that link, really appreciste it dear
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by freecocoa(f): 8:54am On Jul 29, 2015
Really? I'm yet to see the correlation between promiscuity and feminism, i'm a feminist that doesn't mean I want to share my partner with anyone neither do I want to be sleeping with other men.

It's just ignorant that people want to place their excesses on feminism.

2 Likes

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
Lol, there's no correlation between feminism and polyamory.

But how ironic that people readily endorse polyamory on the sly (cheating) over an honest, and open polyamorous relationship?

5 Likes

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by bukatyne(f): 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

But how ironic that people readily endorse polyamory on the sly (cheating) over an honest, and open polyamorous relationship?

grin

1 Like

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by cococandy(f): 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

lol. that too

1 Like

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Same people that would say men are polygamous in nature would be forming sanctimonious when open polyamory is mentioned.

Do you know why? Women benefit from open polyamory without slut-shaming and an average African man believes women are beneath him i.e they musn't be sluts without shame. grin

6 Likes

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
cococandy:

lol. that too
bukatyne:

grin
FrancisTony:

Same people that would say men are polygamous in nature would be forming sanctimonious when open polyamory is mentioned.

Do you know why? Women benefit from open polyamory without slut-shaming and an average African man believes women are beneath him i.e they musn't be sluts without shame. grin

Yeah. I think we all know monogamy isn't for everyone, but when we're talking polyamory...

Open polyamory > Polyamory on the sly.

That's just the fact of the matter.

3 Likes

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by jashar(f): 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
salt1:
Just when you think you'd heard enough, you meet another one
Spouse -approved adultery! And they are busy justifying it. Sickening

undecided you dey mind them? Give America time, it would soon be legalised.

1 Like

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dna test @ your convenience anywhere in Nigeria.

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Stillfire: 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
FrancisTony:

Lmao! Patriarchy and its one sided morality code of conduct...this is why I say patriarchy uses its own hand to kill itself day by day. grin
According to our resident patriarchs...
Polygamy...err, emm
Polyamory.... "oh the horror"
shocked angry cheesy
Thank God man is not God. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by troy20(m): 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Really? I'm yet to see the correlation between promiscuity and feminism, i'm a feminist that doesn't mean I want to share my partner with anyone neither do I want to be sleeping with other men.

so you dont want it all? How unselfish.
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Ewuro4: 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
freecocoa:

Polyamory is not Promiscuity. It's a choice and a way of life.
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by troy20(m): 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
had to read it again and all it creates is the plain emotion of pity.not anger not embarrasment not loath nor shame but pity.that narrative was a cry of a man for help.plunged into unimaginable depths further again and again a quick bit at a time and probably clutching to the last strand of his identity.he is going to explode intime no doubt.but for the time being let him serve as an example to men who are married to these feminist women and in general as an example to the evil feminism represents to humanity.they say patriachy inhibits women but in its place is the looming darkness of feminism even the devil shudders in unbelief.

1 Like

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by cococandy(f): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
Lmao grin
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Truckpusher(m): 9:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by KanwuliaJara: 9:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
gidjah:
hey hey !,_sex is d cementing part of any rekationship o, without sex ,the bonding is in complete, you can never take away that from any union, it is even the uthmost of of the reason for the union between A Man and A Woman by God him self (Genesis- be fruifuil and Multiply).all the same your reminding me of this finest artistsvof old times is causing me to like you ma, begees were my one time best artists,.mmmmmGod bless you for that link, really appreciste it dear

You are welcome.
I guess the relationship btw love and sex is an individual perception. Both do not go hand-in-hand in a BLACK man's mind period!

For a woman, maybe!
But for a BLACK MAN? It is LUST!
Don't be deceived please! kiss

When the words "true love" come up, please REMOVE the BLACK RACE from the matter.

Not there YET! kiss

1 Like

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by funlord(m): 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
grin
KanwuliaJara:

You are welcome.
I guess the relationship btw love and sex is an individual perception. Both do not go hand-in-hand in a BLACK man's mind period!

For a woman, maybe!
But for a BLACK MAN? It is LUST!
Don't be deceived please! kiss

Why the emphasis on BLACK man? So white boys, arabs and asian men are not guilty of the same offence? Is it by RACE? And by the way are YOU not a BLACK woman? Haba! This is xenophobia!

1 Like

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by KanwuliaJara: 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
funlord:
grin

Why the emphasis on BLACK man? So white boys, arabs and asian men are not guilty of the same offence? Is it by RACE? And by the way are YOU not a BLACK woman? Haba! This is xenophobia!

Animal kingdom get levels abi? grin
BLACK race dey bottom-bottom for ALL levels of development o!

Na rocket science? grin

So if BLACK man tell me say im love "ME", I go believe am for true - for true? shocked

Im don love imsef fOrst? grin
A BLACK man can only afford to think with his PENNIS period! cheesy

Omo! See GWOBE!!!!

Muhehehehehe

No wonder BLACK WOMEN dey form-fool demsefs witi "fasting and praying" ke!

1 Like

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by funlord(m): 9:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
grin
KanwuliaJara:

Animal kingdom get levels abi? grin
BLACK race dey bottom-bottom for ALL levels of development o!

Na rocket science? grin

So if BLACK man tell me say im love "ME", I go believe am for true - for true? shocked

Im don love imsef fOrst? grin

Omo! See GWOBE!!!!

Okay oh! No worry! The day wey 1 better black man love go "hit you again" we go see your wedding card for nairaland! The world of love na "expect the unexpected"! I don try follow white, indian, asian and black women! I no send arabs as them religious wahala plenty, All of them na the same drama! Na only colour different oh!
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by KanwuliaJara: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
funlord:
grin

Okay oh! No worry! The day wey 1 better black man love go "hit you again" we go see your wedding card for nairaland! The world of love na "expect the unexpected"! I don try follow white, indian, asian and black women! I no send arabs as them religious wahala plenty, All of them na the same drama! Na only colour different oh!

This is not about "bashing" o!
Like I pointed out to you earlier, when the BLACK RACE can prove they can LOVE themselves individually, then it is possible to love others.

Look at their environment? grin A reflection of their collective states of mind, be it in AFRICA or OUT OF AFRICA!

Shaft na SHAFT abi? cheesy

Just a simple study in Sociology and Anthropology! kiss

Nothing wrong with phocking them once in a good while out of joblessness and cheap entertainment.
Or when taking a few "money-miss-road-demi-illiterate" Nigerian politicians for a financial joy-ride abi? wink

Love ko, love ni!

I will have better luck with a "LLAMA" for sure! cheesy

Sheeeeeeeeesh!!!!

5 Likes

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by White007(m): 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
It sounds to me like she used emotional blackmail to a very large and sadly clever extent to get what she wanted, freedom to screw around by portraying it to sound like she was merely expressing herself and if he really loved her he would let her be free as the only way to keep her. He was manipulated and likely knows it. But to admit it is too painful, so he rationalizes it all as his own enlightened feminism. One day he will hit bottom and the devastation to his own mental health and that of the children will be staggering. Sickening and sad what she has done and what he allowed just to keep a woman he loves more than himself.
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 30, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

This is not about "bashing" o!
Like I pointed out to you earlier, when the BLACK RACE can prove they can LOVE themselves individually, then it is possible to love others.

Look at their environment? grin A reflection of their collective states of mind, be it in AFRICA or OUT OF AFRICA!

Shaft na SHAFT abi? cheesy

Just a simple study in Sociology and Anthropology! kiss

Nothing wrong with phocking them once in a good while out of joblessness and cheap entertainment.
Or when taking a few "money-miss-road-demi-illiterate" Nigerian politicians for a financial joy-ride abi? wink

Love ko, love ni!

I will have better luck with a "LLAMA" for sure! cheesy

Sheeeeeeeeesh!!!!

Na so naw cheesy

I remember the time wey you dey pose with your husband for restaurant dey snap pix of his meaty back of neck and boast of your man. That time, you nor know say he is only for phocking.

I remember when you also used to show off his delicious meals and boast that you have a husband and other mgbeke nairaland ladies didn't. That time, the thing dey scratch you for toto abi?grin

Abeg shift one side jor. If it didn't work for you because of your open marriage policy, that doesn't mean it won't work for others.

At age 50, you should be wise enough to know that open marriages and swinging relationships never ever work. The human nature isn't engineered to condone such relationships. You of all people should know this.

Don't worry nne, I understand the emptiness you feel by trying to compensate with zebra colored accessories. I truly do. Material things can never fill in that emptiness.

Also please go and see that psychologist I advice to to see a long time ago. It will really help with your bipolar personality and OCD. grin
Lasinoh:
Proudly. . . Nigerian! With a Nigerian man too! cool
Oh please.
It is not a crime to be a citizen of more than one country.
Whatever.
This must be a difficult time in your life.
I pray your misery passes soon.
Not afraid to tell it like it is. If you do something commendable, you get praised(which is almost never for your cursed nation and nationals)
I dey work ma dia. . .with 6 screens opened for different Nigerian messageboards and websites to while away time AS USUAL.
I only visit 3 places on this NL(entertainment,  politics and celebrity. . .avoiding areas moderated by the most useless of beings of course :- )*. . .though uselessness get rank for hia. . .!!!
I am with you in spirit always. kiss So quench if you wanno quench! kiss

I know Nairaland is sooooooooo boring these days. Since no fresh harlots and patrons to match-make.
Why don't your sign anoda moniker and chase yourself like your fellow moo-moos with multi-user ID syndrome huh?
If I seek attention. . . NL is not a place for that. Not amongst your kind. . . so go phock a chicken!

GOODBYE USELESS THREAD!

This is yours abi? grin

What happened to that ya man? Huh? Mgbeke snatched am from ya hand abi? Muhehehehehehe.

1 Like

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 30, 2015
FrancisTony:

personally, I think slut-shaming is kind of a good thing. I've observed animals . . . a lot, in real life, on TV, and I noticed that, humans are the only mammals who condemn raping. At least, that I know of. Even in birds, the male is dominant and uses the female for sex at his whim. They do not slut shame though. I think they view it as quite normal. You see, theoretically, if slut shaming were to cease to exist and women were free to have sex as they liked, it would ultimately come back to benefit the men. The high prices prostitutes charge, poof. Keeping boyfriends, forget it. Every man would become a player since every woman could offer him what he wanted and then eventually, we would degenerate into a sexcharged generation. More similar to the chickens.

But of course, women feel the need to associate emotions with sex and in due time, they would guard their men by slutshaming other women for sleeping with their men and in due course, we would be right . . . back . . . at where we started.

So, the feminists are free to fight for other things. But for now, slut shaming will stand. and it cannot work on men because if you try to shame men for having sex, due to the fact that they do not associate sex with emotions, they would retreat to masturbation and at the end of the day, women would beg them to have sex with real life people. In fact I hear such is happening at Japan currently. So, eventually, it all boils down to the biology, the very cause. Men are doomed to be condemned for rape, and women are to be condemned for sluttiness. Despite the fact that this is the natural scheme of things in the animal kingdom. Males are to rape, females are to be sluts . . . I guess we cannot eat our cake and have it. smiley
When you have such big and complex brains, there are some things you need to put upon with so that your species will not go extinct.

Cheer up. At least we're not praying mantis. I hear their wives eat their heads after sex. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
personally, I think slut-shaming is kind of a good thing. I've observed animals . . . a lot, in real life, on TV, and I noticed that, humans are the only mammals who condemn raping. At least, that I know of. Even in birds, the male is dominant and uses the female for sex at his whim. They do not slut shame though. I think they view it as quite normal. You see, theoretically, if slut shaming were to cease to exist and women were free to have sex as they liked, it would ultimately come back to benefit the men. The high prices prostitutes charge, poof. Keeping boyfriends, forget it. Every man would become a player since every woman could offer him what he wanted and then eventually, we would degenerate into a sexcharged generation. More similar to the chickens.

But of course, women feel the need to associate emotions with sex and in due time, they would guard their men by slutshaming other women for sleeping with their men and in due course, we would be right . . . back . . . at where we started.

So, the feminists are free to fight for other things. But for now, slut shaming will stand. and it cannot work on men because if you try to shame men for having sex, due to the fact that they do not associate sex with emotions, they would retreat to masturbation and at the end of the day, women would beg them to have sex with real life people. In fact I hear such is happening at Japan currently. So, eventually, it all boils down to the biology, the very cause. Men are doomed to be condemned for rape, and women are to be condemned for sluttiness. Despite the fact that this is the natural scheme of things in the animal kingdom. Males are to rape, females are to be sluts . . . I guess we cannot eat our cake and have it. smiley
When you have such big and complex brains, there are some things you need to put upon with so that your species will not go extinct.

Cheer up. At least we're not praying mantis. I hear their wives eat their heads after sex. grin
Hmm, LOL, I don't know what to say.
@Emboldened, I don't agree every man would become a player because I personally know ladies who don't care about anything society will place on them. They can have sex for any penny offered.
There are many prostitute brothels and it hasn't made ALL men promiscuous; the good will always be good e.g ME. grin
Well, I beg to differ about women asscociating sex with emotion because prostitutes engage in sex with several partners with no emotion attached.
Human tend to become inclined with what society accepts e.g women who give birth outside wedlock used to be chastised before now and probably, they feel emotional depressed but now, they feel like badass and infact, "babymama" name has been invented to celebrate them. grin
What do you expect? When society make promiscuous male feel like a hero?.
As a man, just tell your friends that you are a virgin, and the so-called morally upright hypocrites would feel you have done an abormination but will still crave for a female virgin. They fvck animals, I guess...

Like stillfire opined; patriarchy and its one-sided morality laced with hypocrisy. gringrin
As for praying mantis, that's why we were made as a higher animal and by the way, haven't you heard of a girl that bit off a man's penis during blowwjob? shocked grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by spikezz: 5:47am On Jul 30, 2015
freecocoa:

lolz
buh yuh dont have a
man doe lipsrsealed
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by spikezz: 5:55am On Jul 30, 2015
Teempakguy:

lolz
yuh tryin to have a logical
debate wit a 17yr old
who is yet to gain admission
in2 university undecided

1 Like

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by spikezz: 5:58am On Jul 30, 2015
PunterTim:
If Dis Is Feminism Then Im Against It

diz aint true feminism

rada, diz is nl where
a bunch of frustrated
housewives & teenagers cum to
console and deceive demselves lipsrsealed

none of dem practice
wat dey preach
in real lyf

even d OP iz juss 16yrz old
az glaring in ha profile pic
nd ha moniker which indicates
she waz born in 1999
yet shez posting a thread
about marriage! grin

2 Likes

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by spikezz: 6:12am On Jul 30, 2015
troy20:
frankly, respect yourself mrs cococandy.

self respect doesn't
exist in ha dictionary
shez 1 of doze bored
housewives & iz as dumb
a rock
notin she sayz eva makes sense lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by LordReed(m): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2015
TV01:

I think Vivaldiva99's analysis is closer to the mark. His sleeping around is forced - and probably encouraged by her to make it seem equal. She's the one who want's to slut around. He doesn't want to lose her, she doesn't care. Indeed, he lost her already, she has just artfully arranged things to keep it convenient and him at her service.

I would have said this was spot on - except for one thing. Feminism is not about "equality" it's about female privilige - to act as they like without consequence. Which is what she's got - along with a baby sitter she occassionally treats to sex.

And there's no such thing as an open marriage - by definition marriage is about fidelity.
Men always maintain higher status in your wifes eyes - attraction hinges on it, and without it she is liable to stray.

TV

Well said. How can a C be an O? A broken circle is no longer a circle.
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by troy20(m): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2015
but frankly why even get married.since the evil patriachy is more evident in marriage why dont you feminists advocate for the distruction of marriage and save us all the gory tales.hit the problem at its roots.am at lost really.
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by freecocoa(f): 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ewuro4:

Polyamory is not Promiscuity. It's a choice and a way of life.
And promiscuity is not? I will even argue that one has to have some level of promiscuity in him/her to practice polyamory.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Pregnant / Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. / Am Married Buh On D Verge Of Sleeping Wit My Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.