Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism (9680 Views)

One man, One wife / Help - My Wife Wants An Open Marriage / Feminism: The True Colour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by peedeeasobie(m): 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
This is the theory of a lazy man! "Stay at home ko, stay at home ni".

The man should go and work to provide for his family and stop postulating trash as theory!
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by innervoice(m): 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
This man is a mumu.
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by TV01(m): 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
LordReed:
Well said. How can a C be an O? A broken circle is no longer a circle.
Thanks. Those that grasp marriage - and what it means to be a husband or wife - in it's essence are not swayed by this this nonsense.

troy20:
but frankly why even get married.since the evil patriachy is more evident in marriage why dont you feminists advocate for the distruction of marriage and save us all the gory tales.hit the problem at its roots.am at lost really.
The destruction of marriage and the family is one of the objectives of feminism. And feminists want the "patriarchy" (by which they mean men, but it's really the male led ageement between men and women) to stop telling women what to do, so that they can.

TV
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Ewuro4: 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
freecocoa:
And promiscuity is not? I will even argue that one has to have some level of promiscuity in him/her to practice polyamory.

Heard but I don't agree.
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by freecocoa(f): 8:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ewuro4:

Heard but I don't agree.
You don't have to but you should have reasons for believing otherwise.
Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Ewuro4: 12:34am On Jul 31, 2015
freecocoa:
You don't have to but you should have reasons for believing otherwise.

'Dont have to convince you otherwise. smiley

I already stated my own school of thought regarding Polyamory. And this is not in anyway a political correctness notion on my part.

Your firm opinion against it, and calling it otherwise, though wrong to me and may be offensive to other people invested in such lifestyle is just your opinion which everyone is entitled to.

So what's there to argue about?

1 Like

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by freecocoa(f): 2:16am On Jul 31, 2015
Ewuro4:

'Dont have to convince you otherwise. smiley

I already stated my own school of thought regarding Polyamory. And this is not in anyway a political correctness notion on my part.

Your firm opinion against it, and calling it otherwise, though wrong to me and may be offensive to other people invested in such lifestyle is just your opinion which everyone is entitled to.

So what's there to argue about?
I don't remember saying you have to convince me, nor that we must argue, I just wanted to understand your angle, why does it feel like you are being hostile?

Anyways,to answer your question, there's nothing to argue about, to each his own.

But just so you know, I don't have anything against polyamorous people, it's their life and their choice, the fact that I think the lifestyle is promiscuous, doesn't mean otherwise, I guess the fact that the society puts a label on people who are considered promiscuous, makes it a tad difficult to understand my point, to me, 'promiscuity' is just a word, don't get it twisted.

2 Likes

Re: What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism by Ewuro4: 2:19am On Aug 01, 2015
OK
freecocoa:
I don't remember saying you have to convince me, nor that we must argue, I just wanted to understand your angle, why does it feel like you are being hostile?

Anyways,to answer your question, there's nothing to argue about, to each his own.

But just so you know, I don't have anything against polyamorous people, it's their life and their choice, the fact that I think the lifestyle is promiscuous, doesn't mean otherwise, I guess the fact that the society puts a label on people who are considered promiscuous, makes it a tad difficult to understand my point, to me, 'promiscuity' is just a word don't get it twisted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. / Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman / Am Married Buh On D Verge Of Sleeping Wit My Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.