Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Change Your Thinking,change Your Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Change Your Thinking,change Your Life (504 Views)

5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life / The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) / Always Thinking Of Sex, Sport Bet Among Others, How Do I Stay Focused In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Your Thinking,change Your Life by adeademolaa(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
CHANGE YOUR THINKING; CHANGE YOUR LIFE

There is something distinct as regards we human being, we can't fly like birds, outrun a leopard, climb trees like monkey, we dont have an eye of the eagle and not even a claw of a wild cat. What makes us different from them, is that special thing God has given even to the smallest of us, which is our ABILITY TO THINK. Instead of adapting like other creatures do, we can make choices. And whatever we do with this greatest gift determines every moment of our life.

I agree with Terry Josephson when he said
''No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head.''
We live within the confines of our ''thought.'' It is where our character emanates from,and where our emotion gets its backbone.
Although we are all given the ability to think,but our thinking differs, John Maxwell put it this way ''The unsuccessful people only thinks of survival, the average people focus their thinking on maintenance while the successful people focus their thinking on progress.''
Our Thoughts determine our dispositions, it has much to say on our purpose, it determines our achievement, as well as how we relate with others. If one thinks on getting sick and treated, sooner he/she will fall sick. If we keep on thinking on failure, thats what its born to befall us. Some one asked an engineer, when he succeeded at a project that he had failed at before, 'what did you change?' He answered, 'I change my mind.''
What am driving at is this, we can't outgrow the level of our thought. Thats why Solomon said in his words that ''As a man thinketh so is he.'' In other words, man is what he thinks.
Napoleon Hill quipped '' More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has ever been taken from the earth.'' Take the likes of Titanic, Einstien,picaso, Blaire pascal, Michelangelo and so on. Their thought paved way for them. Our thought is so important that it has the power to transform our lives. Adolf Hitler understands the value of good thinking when he said ''What luck for rulers that men do not think.''
And when we learn to control our thinking, then we can control our lives. Even when we are oppressed.

How then can we change our THINKING? Here are some way out..

WATCH YOUR INPUT: The devil doesnt target our physical body, he is aiming at our ''mind.'' He tries to poison it with negative words. Words like '' I can't, its impossible, am finished, what if? and so on. There fore, watch what goes INTHERE. Read books as well as magazines, listen to audios.

PARLEY WITH GOOD THINKERS:
Make friends but choose your family. Its often said that ''sheep that floks with dog in no time will feast on feaces.'' Its no longer news that who we walk with determines how far we would go. Good thinkers are not hard to find, because their deeds always speak for them. They are those who look at the positive of sides situations. Is there a storm?,they will rather tell you to sail your ship towards it rather than tell you to go back. In short Good thinkers are refiners not reducers.

WORK IT OUT:
We can think all we like, but we must also act all thesame. Whatever the idea is, let it not end with the thinking,ACT fast. Eddie Rickenbacker said ''I can give you a six-word formula for success: Think things through--then follow through.'' Therefore instead of been great at heart,be great in deeds.
To this end, I leave you with the words of James Allen,which says ''You are today where your thought have brought you. You will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.''

Writer:
Sayo Ademola.

1 Like

Re: Change Your Thinking,change Your Life by Kossyne(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
9c one OP. Reflecting on them.
Re: Change Your Thinking,change Your Life by ayogabriel(m): 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
Am a leaving testimony on this, where I am now, is what I have thought last year. Thinking isn't enough, you act accordingly.
Re: Change Your Thinking,change Your Life by yomi007k(m): 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
Think things thorugh, then follow throught....

Classic piece @Op.
Re: Change Your Thinking,change Your Life by adeademolaa(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
yeap. Just as Maxwell said '' one gud thought does not make a life. Success comes to those who have an entire mountain of gold that they CONTINUOUSLY mine.

(1) (Reply)

Pope Calls On Every European Parish To Take In One Migrant Family / The Greatness Of His Grace / Photos: T.B Joshua Heals ‘snake Man’ (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.