Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It (1515 Views)

The Meaning Of VPN And How To Use It / Please Guys I Need Smartdav Antivirus / Hey Guys, I Need Your Opinion On This App Esp. Lordzouga And Dhtml (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by wharley01(m): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Nairaland programmers, i can say am pretty good at web developement and designing, am very comfortable with PHP and JS(javascript). But being a high aimer, i want to proceed to software development, i spent day and night learning java, compiling and running my script with command prompt, but my main problem is where will i use my java knowledge and how will i use it, thanks in advance as you answer my question.
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
wharley01:
Nairaland programmers, i can say am pretty good at web developement and designing, am very comfortable with PHP and JS(javascript). But being a high aimer, i want to proceed to software development, i spent day and night learning java, compiling and running my script with command prompt, but my main problem is where will i use my java knowledge and how will i use it, thanks in advance as you answer my question.

Start by developing pet projects.

Just think of any software and try to see if you can develop something like that.
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by wharley01(m): 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
Mrkelv:

Start by developing pet projects.

Just think of any software and try to see if you can develop something like that.
yes, that is my problem, don't know where to start, when trying to develop a software
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by ballantyne: 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
wharley01:
i can say am pretty good at web developement and designing, am very comfortable with PHP and JS(javascript).
if you are really as good as you think you are, you probably shouldn't be asking this question.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by wharley01(m): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
ballantyne:

if you are really as good as you think you are, you probably shouldn't be asking this question.
bro, you don't understand my problem, and web development is much deferent from software development!
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by wharley01(m): 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
What am wishing to know, is compressing my first app, creating app for deferent platform like old java phones, android and desktop, currently am running my script with command prompt as i already mentioned., if i completed my script will my user be using my app with comand prompt? Someone to bail me out
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
I'll get back to you on this tomorrow... Compressing your app to get a desktop icon...
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by wharley01(m): 11:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
qwerty123qwerty:
I'll get back to you on this tomorrow... Compressing your app to get a desktop icon...
ooh... Finaly.. Thank you very much bro.. Finaly someone understands me.
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by chiemmaxy2(m): 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
wharley01:
Dont u have an ide like code block or ecilpse or even Netbean.... i think u shuld download any of dis.learn how to use it..and bring out a unique graphical user interface for ur software.. Dats alll..
Except u want me to give u problems u migh
Wanna try and for dere u can create something unique
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
wharley01:
ooh... Finaly.. Thank you very much bro.. Finaly someone understands me.
Create a JAR File Containing the Class File

Go to command prompt, change directory to the folder containing your.class file, Then type the following in your command window:

jar cvf NameOfFile.jar YourClassFileName.class

This creates a JAR file, NameOfFile.jar, and places the YourClassFileName.class file inside it.

Also, you could try this
Go to command prompt, change directory to the folder containing your.class file, Then type the following in your command window:
jar cfe AnyName.jar classNamewithMain() *.class

I mostly use the second option...

Give me feedback when you're done
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by wharley01(m): 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
qwerty123qwerty:

Create a JAR File Containing the Class File

jar cvf NameOfFile.jar YourClassFileName.class

This creates a JAR file, NameOfFile.jar, and places the YourClassFileName.class file inside it.

Also, you could try this
jar cfe AnyName.jar classNamewithMain() *.class

I mostly use the second option...

Give me feedback when you're done
thank you bro, i will give it a tryal. You realy got my problem
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by QuickSuccess: 12:51am On Jul 30, 2015
Why would we still be using notepad and command prompt in this modern age. Just download Netbeans or Eclipse IDE (i recommend Netbeans) and use it to write your app code. You can even export the .jar files using the netbeans so as to run ur written programs from your desktop. You need not worry about .exe files yet though
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by wharley01(m): 9:04am On Jul 30, 2015
QuickSuccess:
Why would we still be using notepad and command prompt in this modern age. Just download Netbeans or Eclipse IDE (i recommend Netbeans) and use it to write your app code. You can even export the .jar files using the netbeans so as to run ur written programs from your desktop. You need not worry about .exe files yet though
thanks very much,bro, realy appriciate this contribution, grin
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by danvery2k6(m): 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
wharley01:

I have gone through all the comments on the post. But I still want to say something, hope am not too late. It's more of a question really.

Have you tried your hands on Java SE GUI programming and Database Development ? If the answer is NO. I will suggest you try your hand on these and the ideas will flow naturally. The truth is that web development and Desktop or mobile development are not different. What differs between them is just the platform and, perhaps, the need of the users.

--Danvery
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by wharley01(m): 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
danvery2k6:

I have gone through all the comments on the post. But I still want to say something, hope am not too late. It's more of a question really.

Have you tried your hands on Java SE GUI programming and Database Development ? If the answer is NO. I will suggest you try your hand on these and the ideas will flow naturally. The truth is that web development and Desktop or mobile development are not different. What differs between them is just the platform and, perhaps, the need of the users.

--Danvery
bro you are never too late, thanks for your contribution,
Re: Guys, I Leant Java But I Don't Know How To & Where To Use It by wharley01(m): 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
Friends, pls add me on fb with http://fb.com/sulaiman.semiu.79, i will like to know more about you guys

(1) (Reply)

Pls Need Help On This Assignment / Co Working Space On The Mainland: What Do You Think / I Need A PHP Developer Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.