Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,706 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash (993 Views)

How My Family Friend Accidentally Crushed His 4year Old Son's Hand / Photo Of A Proud Dad Bathing His New Born Baby Goes Viral On FB / 3-month-old Baby Got Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash by Ndkings1(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
Parents and intending parents in the house, please take note of this. this lil angel pictured above was left blind in one eye after a family friend forgot to turn off his camera flash while taking a close-up photograph. Doctors said the three-month-old, who has not been named, has suffered irreparable damage from the flash of the camera, which was held about 10 inches away from the baby boy.
The parents noticed that there was something wrong with their baby's vision soon after the photograph was taken, reported the People's Daily Online. Following the incident, the baby suffered from reduced vision in his left eye and blindness in his right eye. The damage is said to be permanent and cannot be fixed with surgery, DailyMailUK adds. The strong flash has damaged cells on the macula, which is the part of the eye where incoming light rays are focused. Damage to the macula can lead to the loss of central vision, which allows people to see straight ahead.
The macula is not fully developed until children are four, meaning youngsters are very sensitive to strong light.Experts have said that while babies will shut their eyes when exposed to light on reflex, just milliseconds of strong light can cause permanent damage. They added that parents should be careful of strong bathroom lights when their babies are taking a bath. It is not clear whether the family friend will face any legal action following the incident.
What would you do if you were this baby's mum or dad?
Please the mods should move this to the right section

Re: 3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash by Yehman(m): 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hmmmm
Make I comment first, I will read it later
Meanwhile, whenever I'm first to comment; I have this sniggering feeling of joblessness yet some people Chop FTC like food. Na wa o!

The nunber of monikers ending in "VERT" on NL is highly overwhelming
Re: 3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
undecided
Re: 3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash by KingKuntaVart: 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
grin grin
Re: 3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash by donholy28(m): 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
I hope d blindness is not permanent
Re: 3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash by SMARTKOSSY: 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
In osun?
Re: 3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash by adesammy1(m): 7:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
Potential thread...make I invest here
Re: 3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash by dsquare33: 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
What a stupid carelessness!.Except by sheer miracle will the boy regain his sight, imagine! Poor little boy. Reminds me of a nurse who mistakenly hit a baby's head against the door while carrying the little girl from the delivery room of course the poor girl had dropsy till date. Not too long ago I saw a man telling his one and half year old son to walk faster, the little boy was really sweating until I called the man a murderer,"How can you stress a child like this", he had to carry the child.Parents and guardians should take note that a day old baby to todller age is still fragile they need to be taken care of with uttermost care.
Re: 3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash by MsFaith: 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
May God Help us in this life, and the friend would just be thinking he is taking a snapshot, unknowingly damaged his sight
Re: 3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash by titosantana(m): 12:57am On Jul 29, 2015
This people sef, how dem quick no say the child don blind na? Dem say make he touch red he touch black ni? Haba!

Well, if it's true, I pity the parents o.
Re: 3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash by Haywhymido(m): 8:44am On Jul 29, 2015
SMARTKOSSY:
In osun?
no ur village
Re: 3-month-old Baby Goes Blind After Family Friend Took Photo With Camera Flash by zed7: 9:08am On Jul 29, 2015
Lesson learnt. I used to take my newborn pictures even with my flash on. I have learned a lesson today.

(1) (Reply)

Appreciate Your Parent!!! Touching Story!!! / Twenty-three (23) Things To Keep Your Husband Under The Control Of Your Love / What Influences Your Choice Of Ringtones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.