Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. (3646 Views)

Bullet Blasts Event Organizers For Playing Nigerian Music In Ghana (Video) . / Musical Instruments Saxophone,violin And Guitar / How Hard Is It To Learn To Play The Alto Saxophone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Timijo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
If you are a saxophonist, please make use of these thread to enlighten other players.
I am a learner in playing saxophone. Although, I can play up to 10 keys. I play classical music but I'm trying to learn blue music using the scales.
I got some scales on the net but I don't know the proper application.
If you are a good blue music player please shed light on the approach to playing blue music on the alto sax.

Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Ameboperoo(m): 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
Timijo:
If you are a saxophonist, please make use of these thread to enlighten other players.
I am a learner in playing saxophone. Although, I can play up to 10 keys. I play classical music but I'm trying to learn blue music using the scales.
If you are a good blue music player please shed light on the approach to playing blue music on the alto sax.
im in
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by ayoola648(m): 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
they re various types of blues scales and application.. if you can list out the scale I might help with the application
Timijo:
they re various types of blues scales and application.. if you can list out the scale I might help with the application
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Timijo(m): 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
ayoola648:
they re various types of blues scales and application.. if you can list out the scale I might help with the applicationthey re various types of blues scales and application.. if you can list out the scale I might help with the application
I can run the blue scale of key C and D, can u use those ones for me or list the ones u are using?
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by ayoola648(m): 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2015
Timijo:
I can run the blue scale of key C and D, can u use those ones for me or list the ones u are using?

C Eb F F# B .. this is a simple normal blue scale .

where you based ?
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Timijo(m): 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2015
ayoola648:

C Eb F F# B .. this is a simple normal blue scale .

where you based ?
I live in kaduna. i will run the scale later. can u help me with any audio?
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by ayoola648(m): 1:26am On Sep 18, 2015
Timijo:
I live in kaduna. i will run the scale later. can u help me with any audio?

what type of audio ?
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Timijo(m): 7:48am On Sep 18, 2015
ayoola648:

what type of audio ?
Any blue audio. maybe u can run the scale for me and apply it by playing any music with the scale so that I can learn from d tune. i can run the blue scale on C and D but i dont know how to apply them while playing.
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by ayoola648(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2015
Timijo:
Any blue audio. maybe u can run the scale for me and apply it by playing any music with the scale so that I can learn from d tune. i can run the blue scale on C and D but i dont know how to apply them while playing.

where you based ?
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Timijo(m): 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
ayoola648:

where you based ?
i live in Kaduna
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by ayoola648(m): 2:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
Timijo:
i live in Kaduna
561CE041 pls let's chat on bbm
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by chccho(m): 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2015
hi guys, am a big sax lover and am about to buy my 1st sax ever...
the problem am having now is that i dont even know what type of sax to buy (Alto,soprano) cos am a novice
pls i will appreciate advice from experts in the house..
i live in lagos tho
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by JOKLEVIZ(m): 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
Timijo:
u can't run a blue scale for every song... Bcs for u to improvise or play u must always be arnd d chord of d song.. However if you try otherwise esp bluescale ur horn will sound off which is frustrating @times.. But for jazz music bro bluescale is a thumps up, for example the hymn''PASS ME NOT OH GENTLE SAVIOR'' u can jazz if u ave a band... In such songs u see d beauty of d scale.... For more details check out my profile
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by JOKLEVIZ(m): 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
chccho:
the problem am having now is that i dont even know what type of sax to buy (Alto,soprano) cos am a novice
i live in lagos tho
get an alto... Reason because
1) is moderately sound not to high not to low...
2)the moiuithpiece doesnt need much expectise to handle(that doesnt mean it doesnt @all)
3) is also averagely size: not too small and not too big to carry
4)the pitch is nt very high neither is it low is moderate and perfect fr a beginner.
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Timijo(m): 7:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
JOKLEVIZ:

u can't run a blue scale for every song... Bcs for u to improvise or play u must always be arnd d chord of d song.. However if you try otherwise esp bluescale ur horn will sound off which is frustrating @times.. But for jazz music bro bluescale is a thumps up, for example the hymn''PASS ME NOT OH GENTLE SAVIOR'' u can jazz if u ave a band... In such songs u see d beauty of d scale.... For more details check out my profile
Thanks for your concern. Pls where do u live?
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by JOKLEVIZ(m): 10:56pm On Sep 29, 2015
Timijo:
Thanks for your concern. Pls where do u live?
currently am in lokoja...
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Timijo(m): 7:49am On Sep 30, 2015
JOKLEVIZ:
currently am in lokoja...
But where do u base specifically?
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by JOKLEVIZ(m): 9:09am On Sep 30, 2015
Timijo:
But where do u base specifically?
i base in minna, but am not certain of going there frm now till the end of this year...
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Timijo(m): 9:42am On Sep 30, 2015
ok, can you give me any audio sample of blues or jazz?
JOKLEVIZ:

i base in minna, but am not certain of going there frm now till the end of this year...
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by JOKLEVIZ(m): 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2015
Timijo:
ok, can you give me any audio sample of blues or jazz?
i have some copious video on bluescale but will share one but how?
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Timijo(m): 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2015
JOKLEVIZ:

i have some copious video on bluescale but will share one but how?
Can you you send it through whatsapp or email?
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by JOKLEVIZ(m): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
Timijo:
Can you you send it through whatsapp or email?
whatsapp should be easier.
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Timijo(m): 8:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
Here is my number 08062119996
JOKLEVIZ:

whatsapp should be easier.
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by ayoola648(m): 6:52am On Oct 01, 2015
chccho:
i live in lagos tho

alto is mainly for beginners it goes with any type of music .
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by chccho(m): 8:45pm On Oct 01, 2015
ayoola648:

alto is mainly for beginners it goes with any type of music .
tanx a lot I hope we can have a club here
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by ayoola648(m): 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
chccho:
tanx a lot I hope we can have a club here

yeah .. sure !
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Ameboperoo(m): 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2015
where can i learn sax in abuja?
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by ayoola648(m): 6:28am On Oct 04, 2015
Ameboperoo:
where can i learn sax in abuja?
what part of abuja do you reside ?, I stay at abuja too
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Ameboperoo(m): 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
ayoola648:

what part of abuja do you reside ?, I stay at abuja too
I stay in mpape
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by ayoola648(m): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2015
Ameboperoo:
I stay in mpape

hit me on 561CE041
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by ayoola648(m): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2015
Ameboperoo:
I stay in mpape

hit me on 561CE041
Re: Developing Your Playing Skills On Saxophone. by Ameboperoo(m): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
ayoola648:

hit me on 561CE041
im presently not on bbm but can be reached on O8I6I82295I

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Pype - Give It To Me / 2baba Vs Banky W. Whose The Best? / Skailey Mental's 'dadubule'? What Are Your Thoughts On This Lewd Track?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.