Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 (12072 Views)

NECO Coordination On August 14, 2017 / NECO Coordination Start On 18th August 2016-Earn N10,000-N15,000 / NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by rexibity(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2015
gbenga4my:
Please , which subject can some1 who studied statistics mark?
I wnted to laff, but i wont. You can do Maths n F/maths Ok!
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by talk2yommex2000(m): 8:31am On Aug 12, 2015
artisticallyart:
Lagos Center Check out Oshodi......details coming soon.

Good mrng. Pls i av a question. I came across a post here wch list various marking centres in diff states of the country but I can still observe that some pple are asking for the marking centre of a particular subject e.g. Where is the marking centre for Mathematics.

Now, my question is this, are there different centres for each subject or group of subjects in every state? I intend to participate (for the first time), and really wish to know how to effectively go about it. Thanks a lot.
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by talk2yommex2000(m): 8:36am On Aug 12, 2015
Callmemike:
I promised to keep fellow Nairalanders updated with the coordination exercise for NECO. I have verified with NECO office in Owerri and my Assistant Chief Examiner that it will commence on August 14.

Unlike WAEC, NECO does not send sms inviting examiners for the coordination, that is why i am giving this information so that you can all get ready for it.

While NECO marking is not an employment opportunity, and cannot even be quoted in the CV as a viable working experience, the advantages of coordination and marking can be seen below

1. It puts some coins in the pocket. In about 5 days of using ur leisure to mark, you are guaranteed at least N10,000. Can serve some purposes

2. The informative content of the coordination is helpful for teachers. Helps you know the best way to prepare students for the examination. It also enriches the teacher's research and lesson notes

Please, invited or not, check the marking venues used for coordination. Gate-crash (if not invited) and you may be fortunate to get a pack.

You can also apply as a checker. The same procedure for WAEC pans out at NECO.

Wish you all success!!

Cc: johnbimbo12, olajumoke12

Good mrng. Pls i av a question. I came across a post here wch list various marking centres in diff states of the country but I can still observe that some pple are asking for the marking centre of a particular subject e.g. Where is the marking centre for Mathematics.

Now, my question is this, are there different centres for each subject or group of subjects in every state? I intend to participate (for the first time), and really wish to know how to effectively go about it. Thanks a lot.

Also, pls wats the difference btw CHECKER & EXAMINER
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 12, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

Yes, there are different centres for each subject and in SOME states the WAEC center is the same with NECO centers
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Confidence00(m): 8:40am On Aug 12, 2015
Pls broo wiaz d cordination centre for Isiala Mbano or okigwe town pls direct me tanx
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by talk2yommex2000(m): 8:44am On Aug 12, 2015
artisticallyart:

Yes, there are different centres for each subject and in SOME states the WAEC center is the same with NECO centers

Thanks a great deal for ur quick response.
I studied Geography and Environmental Management, though I'll prefer to mark Mathematics (if possible). So, how do I get to know the marking venues (i.e. where to go on 14th) of these two subjects in Ilorin, as Mathematics (most preferred) and/or Geography are what I wanna opt for.

Also, kindly shed more light on the difference btw STANDBY EXAMINER and CHECKER as regards this marking stuff. Just as I've told you earlier, I'm new to this.

Thanks once again and God bless you.
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Callmemike(m): 9:36am On Aug 12, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

Also, pls wats the difference btw CHECKER & EXAMINER

Good questions
1. In a town, there may be two marking centres. E.g. In owerri, there is GOVT sec Sch where mainly Arts and Languages are marked abd GTC where Sciences are marked.

2, An examiner marks the scripts. The checker's job is crosscheck the scores allocated to ensure that they are correctly recorded and calculated.
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by talk2yommex2000(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2015
Callmemike:

Good questions
1. In a town, there may be two marking centres. E.g. In owerri, there is GOVT sec Sch where mainly Arts and Languages are marked abd GTC where Sciences are marked.

2, An examiner marks the scripts. The checker's job is crosscheck the scores allocated to ensure that they are correctly recorded and calculated.

Woww! Thanks bro., at least I know more now. Does that mean, for instance, any1 who intends to mark Chemistry (in owerri) shld NOT attempt to go to Govt Sec Sch on Friday, but only GTC. If so, how do I get the know the appropriate venue in ds case beforehand so as to know wch of the venues to go on Friday?

Secondly, out of Checker and Examiner, wch one pays more in terms of cash or is it same payment per scrip? You may kindly state the payment per script for checker and examiner.

Pardon my ignorance o bro, I'm a first timer. Thanks.
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Callmemike(m): 10:05am On Aug 12, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

Woww! Thanks bro., at least I know more now. Does that mean, for instance, any1 who intends to mark Chemistry (in owerri) shld NOT attempt to go to Govt Sec Sch on Friday, but only GTC.

(Yes. That is it)

If so, how do I get the know the appropriate venue in ds case beforehand so as to know wch of the venues to go on Friday?

(Ask around. The venues are not far from each other. Am sure it will not be much work)

Secondly, out of Checker and Examiner, wch one pays more in terms of cash or is it same payment per scrip? You may kindly state the payment per script for checker and examiner.

(Examiner pays more. You can get at least N11000 for marking scripts. Checkers are paid per day- N800 or so. So multiplying it by the number of days your services are required gives you your pay.)

Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Callmemike(m): 10:12am On Aug 12, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

Woww! Thanks bro., at least I know more now. Does that mean, for instance, any1 who intends to mark Chemistry (in owerri) shld NOT attempt to go to Govt Sec Sch on Friday, but only GTC. If so, how do I get the know the appropriate venue in ds case beforehand so as to know wch of the venues to go on Fr

[quote author=talk2yommex2000 post=36871428]

1. (Yes. That is it)

2. (Ask around. The venues are not far from each other. Am sure it will not be much work)

3. (Examiner pays more. You can get at least N11000 for marking scripts. Checkers are paid per day- N800 or so. So multiplying it by the number of days your services are required gives you your pay.)

.anytime, my brother
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Udochee(m): 10:25am On Aug 12, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

I studied Geography and Environmental Management, though I'll prefer to mark Mathematics (if possible).
going by waec requirements,your course of study is relevant to the subject you'll mark.(NB-based on the centre i was during waec coordination)
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by sutst: 11:43am On Aug 12, 2015
I went to neco office in uyo, I was told its tomorrow 13th not 14th. please some should confirm.
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by astolovester(m): 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
pls for those in owerri, wts d venue for science subjects and what time will the coordination start
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by vhykeeytor(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
@callmeMike pls where is the marking centre for Commerce in Lagos. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by talk2yommex2000(m): 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
Udochee:

going by waec requirements,your course of study is relevant to the subject you'll mark.(NB-based on the centre i was during waec coordination)

thanks a lot bro.
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by talk2yommex2000(m): 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2015
Callmemike:

Thanks o. Thanks so much for taking ur time to explain into details.

I learnt (frm this thread) that the date is no morr 14th but 13th, is that true?

What time is it advisable for the first timers to be there?
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by akingbatope: 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
byvan03:
Please how much do they pay per script?
pls where is ijebu ode centre ,and Sagamu centre
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Amyceilyn(f): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
Please I want to partake in this, where is Abuja marking center, I studied agricultural economics,and I want to mark Agriculture or Economics, and has the date been confirmed 13th or 14th.
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by byvan03: 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2015
akingbatope:

Truthfully I have no idea.
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by endtime1(m): 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
akingbatope:
do u stay in sagamu
the waec centre is remo secondary school sagamu (I.e RSS)
pls go there and check if that's the place to be used
if thats the place the papers to be marked will have being brought there .pls do confirm n get back to me
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Callmemike(m): 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

Thanks o. Thanks so much for taking ur time to explain into details.

I learnt (frm this thread) that the date is no morr 14th but 13th, is that true?

What time is it advisable for the first timers to be there?

Team leaders will meet on the 13th. Assitant Examiners (that is where we belong) will meet on the 14th. Morning is apt, say 9a.m
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Callmemike(m): 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
astolovester:
pls for those in owerri, wts d venue for science subjects and what time will the coordination start

GTC. 14th. Morning
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Callmemike(m): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

Thanks a great deal for ur quick response.
I studied Geography and Environmental Management, though I'll prefer to mark Mathematics (if possible). So, how do I get to know the marking venues (i.e. where to go on 14th) of these two subjects in Ilorin, as Mathematics (most preferred) and/or Geography are what I wanna opt for.

Also, kindly shed more light on the difference btw STANDBY EXAMINER and CHECKER as regards this marking stuff. Just as I've told you earlier, I'm new to this.

Thanks once again and God bless you.

Neco has a list of examiners that may be used to replace examiners that may be absent. Those are Standby examiners
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by astolovester(m): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2015
Callmemike:

GTC. 14th. Morning

thanks @ callmemike

1 Like

Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by miccoy(m): 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2015
Amyceilyn:
Please I want to partake in this, where is Abuja marking center, I studied agricultural economics,and I want to mark Agriculture or Economics, and has the date been confirmed 13th or 14th.
Zone 4, tundun wada
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Amyceilyn(f): 11:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
miccoy:

Zone 4, tundun wada
thanks
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by no1fan(f): 12:05am On Aug 13, 2015
Please people I really need photocopies of geography marking guide so as to guide me when teaching my students. Anyone who has whether neco or waec should please pm me. I stay in Lagos. Thanks a lot.
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Kazrem(m): 3:03am On Aug 13, 2015
Please never mind my naivety. I just need to ask some certain things.

1. Can an nce holder in Economics/Computer Science be a script marker for Economics?
2. Are the subjects marked in one location?
3. If 2 is no, please where is the location for Economics? Or better still how can one know the marking venue for a particular subject? I live in Lagos state

artisticallyart
callmemike
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by Callmemike(m): 6:26am On Aug 13, 2015
Kazrem:
Please never mind my naivety. I just need to ask some certain things.

1. Can an nce holder in Economics/Computer Science be a script marker for Economics?
2. Are the subjects marked in one location?
3. If 2 is no, please where is the location for Economics? Or better still how can one know the marking venue for a particular subject? I live in Lagos state

artisticallyart
callmemike

1. No. B.sc mainly and H.N.D few times

2. Most times two centres are in a town. You just need to find out the location of the centre. I don't stay in Lagos. Bt i know it has many marking centres
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by miccoy(m): 10:27am On Aug 13, 2015
Amyceilyn:

Abuja venue: Wuse & Gwagwalada
Tomorrow
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by chinenye80: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2015
Pls house i heard dat 14th is for team leaders while 15th is for general co ordination.

Am stand to be corrected if any news comes up
Re: Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 by K08(m): 11:35am On Aug 13, 2015
I equally learnt same - that 14th is for the team leaders, while 15th is for general.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? / Rainoil Limited Latest Job Recruitment / Unity Bank Recruiting Very Soon !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.