Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

The Bishop Who Deprived His Wife From Attending Her Daughters Marriage Ceremony - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bishop Who Deprived His Wife From Attending Her Daughters Marriage Ceremony (2008 Views)

China Bans Children From Attending Churches / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Who Built Attacked Ozubulu Catholic Church / Josiah Atkins Idowu-Fearon, Bishop Who Teaches Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bishop Who Deprived His Wife From Attending Her Daughters Marriage Ceremony by davebrian101: 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
The Bishop of Corner Stone Christian church in Agbarho Delta State Nigeria ,Bishop Issac Etidia, who divorced his wife that has 5 children for him,and got married to another woman is about to give his first daughter for marriage and stopped the mother of the daughter (the divorced woman) never to come close to where the dowry of the daughter is going to be paid, and that if the mother comes @all the marriage will not hold.
And that the family of the divorced woman should not also attend the marriage.This is ridiculous !!!!! Is this a man of God?
Is this a man of God, that will deprive his ex-wife of her daughters marriage? this is a taboo. In our Urhobo Tradition, there is no place where only the father takes a child for marriage himself. Both the mother and the father and their family members are usually present during a marriage ceremony. Where are all the Bishops and other men of God? Can't they talk to this man who is destroying the image of Christianity in Nigeria.
Urhobo custom demands the presence of the father and the mother of the particular child to be present during the ceremony of their child, but this Bishop Issac Etidia has decided to receive the bride price himself without the presence of the mother and her people. What example is Bishop Issac showing the world? Especially to the young generation , by depriving the mother of the girl from participating in the marriage ceremony.
We are tired of this kind of people who go about in the name of the Lord doing all sought of things.Who divorced and got married to another woman. Also,even deprive the former wife from attending their daughters marriage.What do you think of such a situation? Comment or call and advise him with the number BELOW
Re: The Bishop Who Deprived His Wife From Attending Her Daughters Marriage Ceremony by wisefizz(m): 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Uh
Re: The Bishop Who Deprived His Wife From Attending Her Daughters Marriage Ceremony by Xtristolink: 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
davebrian101:
The Bishop of Corner Stone Christian church in Agbarho Delta State Nigeria ,Bishop Issac Etidia, who divorced his wife that has 5 children for him,and got married to another woman is about to give his first daughter for marriage and stopped the mother of the daughter (the divorced woman) never to come close to where the dowry of the daughter is going to be paid, and that if the mother comes @all the marriage will not hold.
And that the family of the divorced woman should not also attend the marriage.This is ridiculous !!!!! Is this a man of God?
Is this a man of God, that will deprive his ex-wife of her daughters marriage? this is a taboo. In our Urhobo Tradition, there is no place where only the father takes a child for marriage himself. Both the mother and the father and their family members are usually present during a marriage ceremony. Where are all the Bishops and other men of God? Can't they talk to this man who is destroying the image of Christianity in Nigeria.
Urhobo custom demands the presence of the father and the mother of the particular child to be present during the ceremony of their child, but this Bishop Issac Etidia has decided to receive the bride price himself without the presence of the mother and her people. What example is Bishop Issac showing the world? Especially to the young generation , by depriving the mother of the girl from participating in the marriage ceremony.
We are tired of this kind of people who go about in the name of the Lord doing all sought of things.Who divorced and got married to another woman. Also,even deprive the former wife from attending their daughters marriage.What do you think of such a situation? Comment or call and advise him with the number BELOW
Dropping his private line in a public forum is not the best thing to do!
Re: The Bishop Who Deprived His Wife From Attending Her Daughters Marriage Ceremony by belloahmad: 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
ok
Re: The Bishop Who Deprived His Wife From Attending Her Daughters Marriage Ceremony by helenruk: 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2016
@davebrain101: Please were did you get all these barbaric information from. I personally called the wife and she denied that actually happened. In short, she confirmed her family were fully represented at her daughters wedding ceremony as she was unable to attend due to the arrangement she made with her daughter personally. Bishop Etidia is a reputable man of God and be careful to judge or write-up false accusations. Remember, with the measure you give to others, yours is coming and in measures that runs over. In addition, I advise you mind your business and focus on yourself and your family because everyone has better issues bothering them. Focus on promoting goodnews not pulling down people. Oh sorry, I also called the phone number. The Bishop confirmed nothing of such ever occurred.....Part of the rules of Nairaland is "do not post false information on Nairaland". @davebrain101 broke the rules over 10months ago....shame
Re: The Bishop Who Deprived His Wife From Attending Her Daughters Marriage Ceremony by analice107: 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
helenruk:
@davebrain101: Please were did you get all these barbaric information from. I personally called the wife and she denied that actually happened. In short, she confirmed her family were fully represented at her daughters wedding ceremony as she was unable to attend due to the arrangement she made with her daughter personally. Bishop Etidia is a reputable man of God and be careful to judge or write-up false accusations. Remember, with the measure you give to others, yours is coming and in measures that runs over. In addition, I advise you mind your business and focus on yourself and your family because everyone has better issues bothering them. Focus on promoting goodnews not pulling down people. Oh sorry, I also called the phone number. The Bishop confirmed nothing of such ever occurred.....Part of the rules of Nairaland is "do not post false information on Nairaland". @davebrain101 broke the rules over 10months ago....shame
I am not in support of dropping his number here, but on the other hand, if our pastors know that they are accountable to the people the lead, most of the nonsense they are Involved in will be curtailed.
If they know the followers will react to their many lies and misconducts, they will adjust.
You are here calling a divorcee a man of God? Do you know the office he is holding?

So if I pick that number and call the man, am calling expecting to get the truth from that man? You are in support of that man already, meaning, you maybe lying about calling his ex-wife and her confirming anything to you.

He divorced his wife and married another, and that's fine with you? God knows how many women both single and married he had slept with in his church. Wolf in sheep clothing.
Purge your church, O Lord, Purge your church.
Re: The Bishop Who Deprived His Wife From Attending Her Daughters Marriage Ceremony by brukevwe84: 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
My his soul rest in bossom of the Lord.

He is a respectable Man of God.

Urhobos hold him with high esteem
I will always miss him.
I grew up knowing him.

Be died this morning 4th Nov. 2019
R.I.P

1 Like

Re: The Bishop Who Deprived His Wife From Attending Her Daughters Marriage Ceremony by Obeghare(m): 11:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
brukevwe84:
My his soul rest in bossom of the Lord.

He is a respectable Man of God.

Urhobos hold him with high esteem
I will always miss him.
I grew up knowing him.

Be died this morning 4th Nov. 2019
R.I.P

A great man of God, he had his weaknesses like all humans but he was just awesome in doing the masters work
Re: The Bishop Who Deprived His Wife From Attending Her Daughters Marriage Ceremony by Obeghare(m): 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
A great man of God he truly was. God used him to bless the land of Agbarho. He was laid to rest today 7th March 2020 in a blaze of glory.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Guys Putting On Earrings? / Deliverance From Familiar Spirits / The number of people leaving Christianity outnumbers the converts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.