Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,576 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer (31346 Views)

10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer / 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by tomdon(m): 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
Sagamite:

Thanks. That is it!

My point is made. With the information he gave, any advice giving can end up being useless not because the advisor is useless.

did u mean given grin

2 Likes

Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by ttmacoy: 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
I definitely agree that there are people who get jobs on merit, but you will not be telling the truth if you tell me that is the norm.

This has also been proven by the fact the OP got this job or at least initiated it via someone he knows.

We all know this is an issue in Nigeria and yes there are people who are fortunate to get jobs without knowing anyone, but there a lot more who are unable to.

I am not putting down the Country, just stating the fact as it is.

majekdom2:
the fact that ur friend hates his job does not mean he will or everyone will. The fact that e got it through connect does not mean everyone has to. I got mine by grace , i did not know anyone. I presently work 6 months a year and 6 months off by calculation with great pay. Dont judge or give advices based on your standards. One is not tied to any employer too in nigeria. Lastime i checked some colleagues just changed jobs. I am not advising he dumps his program, you dont have to talk down the country is my point
Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by Sagamite(m): 9:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
Mixty:

You lack basic arthimetic skills eventhough you claim to have As in your mathematics courses. LIES sad
Someone gives you an approximate salary figure of 250k and your poor mathematical skill rounds it up to millions of Naira?
Are you really that daft, for real?
Your case is hopeless.

You are a cretinous fuucktard!

Can you see why you can't get a job? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So if you apply for a job and they gave you an aptitude test where you have to do verbal reasoning, in a sentence where they say "upwards of 250k", you will say that is the same thing as "approximately 250k"? grin grin grin grin grin

Chai! Chai! Chai!

My belle o, my head o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Helep me see a product of failed education system o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fuuktard, can you see how dumb you are now and why I said I can bully and humiliate you at will? grin grin grin grin grin

A film for 18+, in the world of cretinous fuuktards like Mixty, means a film for people that are approximately 18.

Another unemployable graduate of Nigeria. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2015
They've said it all! Really.
In perfect accord with my principle however, I finish up before looking out again.
However, they say our instinct have answers to whatever, so, listen to yourself and decide on whatever. There are just two options; ending up jubilant and hurraying or downcast and regretting.
Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
mchuxx:
I will advice you to stay back in the US for the following reasons;

1. Complete your education which u have 6months remaining.

2. U already have got work experience and good education, start immediately to apply for positions here in US even before u complete the 6months

3. Get your residency, give your family and kids better access and immediate response to quality healthcare, education and other social amenities. (Govt. most times fund 100% of these costs )

4. You don't need a N250k Nigerian salary. That's peanut , even in Nigeria when kids and family is involved. And because u pay you way through everything in Nigeria like Fuel for Gen set, fuel for Car etc. in event of emergency- U are still on your own.

5. The economy is not good at this time. (Business is not smiling now). N250k is roughly equivalent to $1000 usd. This is a chump change.
A naija friend who recently finished a Bsc Chem engr in TX landed a $90,000 job per annum in a multinational engineering firm. Note , he has no previous experience apart from industrial attachment experience. That's a good salary even from American standard. You too can do same, if u look hard enough.

6. Opportunities for Jobs abound in US, and most likely u will turn down offers to get a better pay as long as u have a clean record and green card unlike in Naija where a graduate may not even land a N30k job years after graduating.

I will cap it up with this: Stay back, garner work experience, establish your family here, invest in Nigeria and if better opportunity pops up in Nigeria-then accept it and move back. my 2cents
God created yo kind af person cos of someone like me who would rather stomach thoughts than write long essays unless pushed to the wall.
Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuucktard!

Can you see why you can't get a job? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So if you apply for a job and they gave you an aptitude test where you have to do verbal reasoning, in a sentence where they say "upwards of 250k", you will say that is the same thing as "approximately 250k"? grin grin grin grin grin

Chai! Chai! Chai!

My belle o, my head o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Helep me see a product of failed education system o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fuuktard, can you see how dumb you are now and why I said I can bully and humiliate you at will? grin grin grin grin grin

A film for 18+, in the world of cretinous fuuktards like Mixty, means a film for people that are approximately 18.

Another unemployable graduate of Nigeria. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Saga, your opinion is just another candidate of the waste bin, rounding a quarter of a million up to millionS is my witness.
Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by Mixty: 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

Saga, your opinion is just another candidate of the waste bin, rounding a quarter of a million up to millionS is my witness.
grin grin grin
Sagamite is just a dumb fellow. Instead of him to accept correction in humility, he is bragging shamelessly about his stupidiity

1 Like

Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
smiley
Mixty:

grin grin grin
Sagamite is just a dumb fellow. Instead of him to accept correction in humility, he is bragging shamelessly about his stupidiity
The Yoruba people of southwest Nigeria has a very precise name for his type; olorikunkun imperfectly interpreted by the English man to mean hard headed.
Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by Sagamite(m): 12:05am On Jul 31, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

I bet you are another of Mixty's classmates.

So you too were taught that 250+ is the same thing as approximately 250? grin grin grin grin grin

Mixty:

grin grin grin

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

I bet you have noticed 2 things from this brief experience.

1) I can humiliate you when I feel like.

2) Why you are unemployed and unemployable.

You are too dumb and easy to humiliate. grin grin grin grin grin grin

The moronic fuuktard that thought a trainee accountant writing her articles is writing an essay for her company. And the cretin would say "I am a graduate". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2318469/growing-number-rich-comfortable-single/23#35079676

A lawyer admitted to the bar is going for a drink - 'Graduate' Mixty. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by bxcode(m): 10:10am On Jul 31, 2015
Sagamite:

Tufiakwa!

I reject that in the name of Jesus. angry

I return to sender in the name of Jesu Oluwa. angry

May you God of Isreal never bless me.

Na Sango, Obantala, Ogun, Yemoja and co that must to bless me in the name of Jesus ............................and name of Mohammed (the one true prophet).

Hallelu...................
Funny you..... tho in an anabolic manner.
Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by Samandgrace(m): 11:18am On Jul 31, 2015
If l were you, l will stay back in US, complete my research work, get a stay & look for Job their, it is better/easier their than here (Nija). Those of us that are here are looking for the way to get out of here. l have friends working in good places like like bank, Multinational coz, govt parasterters that quit their job when the oportunity to travel surfaced. Young man, you can be anywhere and make Nigeria proud, u can be anywhere and add value to you country.
Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by ehigie(m): 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
OP, i go advice you to get your American kpali first cos if you miss the kpali chance, e fit hard to get am again except u get other means to get am. As for the naija job, if u miss this one, u go always get anoda one even with better pay sef cos organizations for naija dey always respect foreign degree and ur case nor be exception.
But anyhow u wan do am, i wish u the best bro.

1 Like

Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by Diza46(f): 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2022
Anonymous1900:
Hello Everyone

Let me start by saying this is not an opportunity to judge or criticize my decisions or lack of it there of. I would also try to be as open and forthcoming as possible regarding all information to help you offer any opinions either from personal experience of inferred ideas.

I already have a direction am inclined to lean towards but its not set in stone and am very much open to ideas from others (I actually welcome it as i like to be thorough and get all the information i can have before making decisions)

I was recently offered a position in Nigeria due to start in a month at the latest however i am currently rounding off a research program in the united states (6 months to finish). The prospective employer will not defer the position till i finish in 6 months time. I had interviews with the vice president of the company when i was in Nigeria last year and a couple of other interviews but i guess due to the instability of the economy (elections and all), the offer never materialized till now. i consider the offer a place to start and while I cant be specific about the exact figure here, its upwards of 250k/month after Tax.

Before you make your decisions based on the offer or my current academic situation, here is a little about me. I have a BSc (Nigeria), MSc (Uk) and MEng (USA).... All in engineering (so i wont consider the figure impressive however its not an entry position and that is my basic pay so there are other benefits). i have paid work experience in the Uk and US and took up an unpaid work experience in an Oil & gas servicing company in Nigeria for about 6 months. needless to say i am well educated but without enough experience in my chosen field and this offer hopes to fill that void.

if you also want to ask why am i not eager to come back to Nigeria? the economy seems fairly unstable now, Iran deal is sure to devastate the oil sector further and destabilize the Nigerian economy even more for those that understand the vicissitudes of the Iran deal. I do have access to getting residency papers in the USA which will coincide with the time i finish my research or a few months after without doing anything shady or sinister (most of my family are here anyway). I am also fully aware that with or without papers, jobs are not automatic any where but you will agree with me that its a little easier abroad than in Nigeria. a good example is the current offer i am considering where i still needed an introduction to setup the interviews and even though i did all the grunt work, i wont have even gotten in the door without knowing someone. The company as a matter of policy does not even advertise positions.

A little about the company: international company with huge investment portfolio in the millions of dollars, where its based should not be important but its on the island. cant reveal more than that about the company.

[b]please let me know what you think or what you would do in my shoes. Also i would be happy to answer any questions that help you offer better advise provided its something i can reveal[/b]

Thanks in advance

please sir even if you can't help me financially to start up my business again please if you have any online work that I can do to earn money please sir do introduce me to it please it really has not been easy for me seriously sir
Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by Diza46(f): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2022
Good morning sir
Re: An Urgent Decision On A Job Offer by PeterZoom: 7:41pm On Oct 19, 2023
Nice one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Already Frustrated With My New Job / How Much Does NPC Pays Their Adhoc Staff? / Entry Level Graduate Recruitment At Etisalat, February 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.