Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,629 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore (1850 Views)

10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment / 13 Symptoms That Shouldn't Be Ignored - By Lizgray / Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by foxgiovani(m): 9:10am On Jul 30, 2015
These 15 Symptoms are signs of Cancer

Women's bodies are always changing. Sometimes changes that seem normal can be signs of cancer, though.

The key is to pay attention to your body so you can notice when something's different. "New symptoms indicate something has changed in your body, and you want to know what that means."

So, what should you watch for?

1. Breast changes

Most breast lumps aren't cancer, but your doctor should always check them. Let her know about these changes, too:

Skin dimpling or puckering
Nipples that turn inward
Nipple discharge
Redness or scaling of your nipple or breast skin
To look for the cause of your symptoms, your doctor will do a physical exam and ask you questions about your medical history. You may also have tests like a mammogram or a biopsy, when doctors remove a tiny piece of tissue for testing.

2. Bloating

"Women are natural bloaters," says Marleen Meyers, MD, an oncologist at NYU Langone Medical Center. "It's OK to wait a week or two to see if it goes away."

If your symptoms don't get better with time, or if they happen with weight loss or bleeding, see a doctor. Constant bloating can sometimes mean ovarian cancer. You'll have a pelvic exam as well as blood tests, and sometimes an ultrasound, to look for the cause of the problem, Andersen says.

3. Between-Period Bleeding

If you’re still getting periods, tell your doctor if you’re spotting between them. Bleeding that’s not a part of your usual monthly cycle can have many causes, but your doctor will want to rule out endometrial cancer(cancer of the lining of your uterus).

Bleeding after menopause is never normal and should be checked right away.

4: Skin Changes

A change in the size, shape, or color of a mole or other spot is a common sign of skin cancer. See your doctor for a thorough exam and perhaps a biopsy. This is one time you don't want to wait, Meyers says.

5. Blood in Your Pee or Stool

Talk to your doctor if you're bleeding from a part of your body that normally doesn't, especially if the bleeding lasts more than a day or two, Meyers says.

Bloody stool is often from hemorrhoids, but it can also be a symptom of colon cancer. Bloody urine is usually the first sign of cancer of the bladder or kidneys, says Herbert Lepor, MD, a urologist at NYU's Langone.

6. Changes in Lymph Nodes

Lymph nodes are small, bean-shaped glands around the body. Most changes in them come from common infections. But some cancers, including leukemia and lymphoma, can also cause lymph nodes to swell.

It's a good idea to see your doctor if you have a lump or swelling anywhere in your body that lasts a month or more, Meyers says.

7. Trouble Swallowing

Occasional trouble swallowing is nothing to worry about. But when it happens often, especially with vomiting or weight loss, your doctor may want to check you for throat or stomach cancer.

He'll look into your symptoms with a throat exam and a barium X-ray. During a barium test, you drink a special liquid that makes your throat stand out on the X-ray.

8. Weight Loss Without Trying

Most women wish extra pounds would magically melt away. But losing 10 pounds or more without a change in your diet or exercise habits could signal a problem.

Most unintended weight loss is not cancer, Meyers says. "It's often caused by stress or your thyroid, but it can be a sign of pancreatic cancer," she says. Stomach and lung cancers are also possible.

Your doctor may ask for a lot of tests to look for a problem, including blood tests and imaging tests, like a CT scan.

9. Heartburn

Too much food, alcohol, or stress (or all three) can cause serious heart burn. Meyers suggests that you change your diet for a week or two to see if your symptoms get better.

If that doesn't help, talk to your doctor. Heartburn that doesn't go away or gets worse could mean cancer of the stomach, throat, or ovaries.

10. Mouth Changes

If you smoke, watch for white or bright-red patches inside your mouth or on your lips. Both can signal oral cancer. Ask your doctor or dentist about tests and treatment.

For more, see Source: http://tradot.com/blog/post?Gidigbam_15-CANCER-SYMPTOMS-WOMEN-SHOULDNT-IGNORE-eeaa
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 30, 2015
Nice info..

Early detection increases the chance of survival,or outright prevention..

Incase,am the FTC...

I dedicate this to my Inamorata,my damsel,beauty with brain,slim shady,omoge--Omotoyosi Zainab,I love you so much...

Here's my proposal,will you marry Me?

I know you are reading this,send the reply to my inbox sharperly...
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by foxgiovani(m): 11:01am On Jul 30, 2015
Yomieluv:
Nice info..

Early detection increases the chance of survival,or outright prevention..

Incase,am the FTC...

I dedicate this to my Inamorata,my damsel,beauty with brain,slim shady,omoge--Omotoyosi Zainab,I love you so much...

Here's my proposal,will you marry Me?

I know you are reading this,send the reply to my inbox sharperly...
grin
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by foxgiovani(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
smiley
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by oladeledave: 6:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
Do you understand that one of the reasons why individuals are truly focused on today is on account of they are constantly cooped up inside and never truly get out? It's practically like having a fever. You're stuck inside, you don't recognize what to do, and you're stuck in a situation which you're not by any stretch of the imagination OK with. Getting out and having any kind of effect in your life, seeing distinctive things and encountering genuine can truly offer assistance.

1. Reduces the risk of some cancers.
2. Reduces the risk of heart attack
3. Less likely to lead to injuries.
4. Reduces stress.
5. Reduces the risk of heart disease.
6. It’s absolutely free, you don’t have to pay for it.
7. Helps to maintain strong bones.

Read More
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by DrAify(f): 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
Nicely put
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by foxgiovani(m): 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
DrAify:
Nicely put
Many thanks!
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by foxgiovani(m): 6:16am On Jul 31, 2015
smiley
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by foxgiovani(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2015
grin
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by IYADARA(f): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
I will never be a victim of dis no respect disease
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by foxgiovani(m): 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
IYADARA:
I will never be a victim of dis no respect disease
Amen
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by foxgiovani(m): 8:44am On Aug 01, 2015
smiley
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by foxgiovani(m): 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
Stay alive
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by Mzdivacious(f): 11:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
tip discharge is almost never a sign of cancer except it happens on a particular tip.its mostly cos of breastfeeding.confining d breasts too much in a bra or fondliing n suckling.its quite common in women
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by foxgiovani(m): 2:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
Mzdivacious:
tip discharge is almost never a sign of cancer except it happens on a particular tip.its mostly cos of breastfeeding.confining d breasts too much in a bra or fondliing n suckling.its quite common in women
Hmm
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by jumolad87: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
Serrapeptase(120,000 spu) for fibroids ,blocked fallopian tube(s) cancer,ovarian cyst or any form of unhealthy growths/tumors in the body . Just for #15k.
Guifei bao for infections, candidiasis, fibroid without operation, blocked tubes & all gynaecological problems. Ares for elimination of low sperm count, prostrate cancer, increase sexual feeling, corrects sexual dysfunction.
Blood cleanser capsule for hypertension,general blood cleansing
Ganoderma capsule for brain, stroke,anti tumor & anti aging.
Sanqing Oral Liquid for detoxification &intestinal cleansing
Fohow wonderpaste for mouth odour, tooth ache, tooth decay, bleeding gum,hole in the gum.
.Six Flavor Tea to reduce blood pressure, body fat.
Garlic for anti bacterial, infections,immune-boosting
Danshen for heavy menstrual bleeding.
Sanbao Oral Liquid for rheumatism,high-blood sugar
Oral liquid for leukemia and liver cancer
They are not supplements, they are registered as curative products
We also offer natural therapy for the following health challenges:
-Pile
-Stroke
-Fibroid(without op)
-Hypertension
-Ovarian cyst
-Blocked tubes
....& other health related challenges.
Call/text 08133354624 ,whatsapp 08065664979,BB pin 3337A8CA
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by foxgiovani(m): 6:15am On Aug 10, 2015
smiley
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by trinityhealth: 12:29am On Sep 30, 2018
Do you wish to vaccinate all members of staff of your Organization be it an Industry, Bank, School, Church or Association against Viral Hepatitis, Flu virus, Human Papilloma Virus (which casues cervical cancer in women) or Measles? Then Trinity Healthcare Foundation is your best partner. With our highly subsidized services, we can administer vaccination to every member of your Organization at very affordable rates.

Take advantage of this great offer and protect your employees or colleagues from these deadly, fast spreading vaccines preventable diseases.

For Screening and Vaccination bookings or further enquiries please contact us through info@trinityhealthcarefoundation.org or call 08028791004, 0903165200. You can also visit us at #7A Governor's Road by College bustop Ikotun, Lagos, Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by Orgbode: 9:52am On Sep 30, 2018
With God's help, our solution will eradicate all types of cancer especially the early stages of cancer within 3 months without chemotherapy, surgery or radiation, etc.

One of benefits of our solution is that it does not have health side effects.

Please Note this is not one solution cures all. And it is also not FREE.

Therefore quickly contact us for your case.

The Almighty God will surely cure you.

Contact 09096429203 and come and share your testimony.
[/quote]
Re: 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore by jbblues24(m): 2:01pm On May 26, 2019
Such work, many gradient, so killer

(1) (Reply)

Sex Enhancement Coffee / Help!! Hiv Scare!! / Sperm Washout: ANDREWS LIVER SALT And The Shenanigans Of Some Nigerian Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.