Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? (14631 Views)

Is Nose Piercing Permitted In Corporate Nigeria? / Corporate Nigeria Vs Corporate America: Share your experiences please / Who Is Your Role Model? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2009
kemisuga:

@ Mrcrackles - And how does it affect you? You berra mind your biz here tongue tongue

Oops, check u out
RKelly's wife
! grin
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by keppybaker(f): 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2009
am actually MY role model,nobody can ever be like me,i cant be like anybody. but kudos 2 Femi Otedola -ZENON,Aliko Dangote.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by dvonne(f): 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2009
For me it has to be Seun , he is steadfast,humble and yet uncelebrated goes to show in Naija we celebrate Noise before hard work! grin
I really admire him for Nairaland and then coming up with Nairalist shows Seun is brain storming all the time while still keeping Nairaland Familiar,
Kudos !!!
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 18, 2009
ALIKO DANGOTE is the man![color=#000099][/color]
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by damola1: 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2009
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2009
Nice post

For the old school
Subomi Balogun

For the new school
Jimoh Ibrahim (a.ka. Uncle Jimooooh)

Abeg never attempt to insult these guys were i am 'cus i like them diiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by mystikal(m): 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2009
youngies:

grin grin My own MENTHOL is John Okafor grin grin
OMG, I actually have tears in my eyes, damn!
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Frizy(m): 11:07pm On Mar 18, 2009
Ahmed Salawudeen
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by naso2(m): 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2009
Ibukun awosika
john momoh
Gamaliel onosode

mitchell elegbe
seun osewa

These are my real people no be the thieves wey dey wayo masses
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2009
na_so:

Ibukun awosika
john momoh
Gamaliel onosode

mitchell elegbe
seun osewa

These are my real people no be the thieves wey dey wayo masses

All man for this country na wayo senseman, who tell you say Onosode or Mitchell no dey remove guys?
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Bishop(m): 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2009
Hey ,

please choose prophet T.B.Joshua MFR.he is a good role model grin grin tongue
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Tmoni(m): 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2009
for me it definaely has to be

Alhaji Tajudeen Afolabi Adeola, rocks the boat anyday

My idea of Life is not to die lookn for the money, make it ( GTB Start Up) and step back ( GTB Retirement) to enjoy ur life, and in enjoying ur life, c how u can help others (FATE FOUNDATION) & (PENCOM),
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by ChiefS(m): 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2009
Obasanjo
Atiku
IBB

They have major stakes in most companies without making noise
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by naso2(m): 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2009
well for now with the info I have these people are ok. Everybody no be wayoman o. If i have any new info contrary to how I see them then I go change.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by JUNE09: 10:12pm On Mar 19, 2009
here was also this man, Femi Adekanye, then Chairman/CEO of the defunct Commerce bank, who I also looked up to in the early 1990s when becoming a banker used to be all I had in my head. Pitiably, the failed bank saga of the mid 1990s swept him and his bank.

I dont think its ethical to nominate exconvicts as role models, u know what i am talking bout. Anyway, my role model (s) in corporate Nigeria are as follows:

My dad, for his own contributions to corporate governance in Nigeria, without enriching himself in the process, others include Prof Pat Utomi, Dr. Larry Osa afiana, Wole Adeosun,Gamaliel Onosode, to mention a few, for their ethical contributions to corporate Nigeria. Rotimi Oyekanmi (SME MANAGER), Peter Longe (UBA), for their contributions to the sme sector and finally Godwin Ehigiamusoe (LAPO) for his unfettered and pioneering contributions to microfinance in Nigeria.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Jarus(m): 9:00am On Mar 20, 2009
I dont think its ethical to nominate exconvicts as role models, u know what i am talking bout.
I just mentioned it. I only looked up to him when he was calling the shots as Chairman/CEO of Commerce bank, one of the banks licensed in 1989 alongside GT, Intercontinental and doing great.
He may not be worth being made a role model again after his conviction by Abacha's failed bank tribunal and the collapse of his bank, but even after reading his books 'PRESUMED GUILTY' and 'DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL' on his ordeal, I still believe his ordeal was a political set up for his romancing with Abiola.
Bunmi Oni of Cadbury also used to be one of the chaps in corporate Nigeria that was highly reverred for his 'brilliance', but after his conviction, nobody will want to use him as a model again.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by mayrho(m): 10:26am On Mar 20, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Clifford Orji Just kidding grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Adams Oshiomole&/Fashola
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by slyk2(m): 11:04am On Mar 20, 2009
I will vote

KANU

OBASANJO

DANGOTE

AKUNYILI
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by server34(m): 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2009
Soludo
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by blinx4real(m): 2:30pm On Mar 20, 2009
I think you are all getting the role model thing wrong!!! A role model is someone you ARE modelling your life after not just someone you admire.
So to someone like sly-k, how can you model your life to be like Kanu, Obj, Dangote and Akunyili at the same time, they have nothing in common! It shows that you are either CONFUSED or you HAVE NO IDEA what you want to do with your life.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by server34(m): 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2009
blinx4real:

I think you are all getting the role model thing wrong!!! A role model is someone you ARE modelling your life after not just someone you admire.
So to someone like sly-k,  how can you model your life to be like Kanu, Obj, Dangote and Akunyili at the same time, they have nothing in common! It shows that you are either CONFUSED or you HAVE NO IDEA what you want to do with your life.

Wow! ur so intelligent! Am not sure dats d 'role model' the poster meant ur talking abt. Otherwise, he wouldn't have said 'In Corporate Nigeria', he woulda just said 'In Nigeria'. Na all of us be corporate? Me wey no be corporate no say I no fit be soludo, but I still call him my Role Model in Corporate Nigeria. But in reality, my role model na D-banj  smiley
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Waxxy(m): 5:29am On Mar 21, 2009
Some great players in the industry have made the roll call. Oba Otudeko, Fola Adeola,Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Erastus Akingbola etc, but my no 1 "menthols" has got to be Hakeem (Keem) Bello-Osagie former UBA CEO, now of ZAIN Nigeria and Pat Utomi ( u all knw abt him, Platinum bank, LBS etc). I actually have issues with those who came to prominence through political affiliations and influences, Adenuga, Dangote, Jimoh Ibrahim, Otedola et al. PS: Those that want 2 become Osewa, goodluck to you
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by cvibe: 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2009
Can't find my menthol in Nigeria. My own St. Moritz is Richard Branson.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by oge4real(f): 2:12pm On Mar 21, 2009
cecelia Ibru-Oceanic Bank
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by classictim(m): 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2009
Prof. Pat Utomi indisputable, unquestionable, undeniable, beyond doubt, incontrovertible, irrefutable, certain, unarguable, incontestable is my Admirer and my best Capitalist in the world. No Comment
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by classictim(m): 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2009
Sorry to break the rule. I want assistance on how to post a topic for discussion. Please help me out
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by server34(m): 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2009
classictim:

Sorry to break the rule. I want assistance on how to post a topic for discussion. Please help me out
Type it on Microsoft word, save the file name as Nairaland on your desktop, then restart your computer.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by papagiddy(m): 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2009
obj
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by diggler(m): 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2009
The following not thought through

My Role models are

Chief 'Goddax' Anajemba

Emmanuel Nwude

Victor 'Ezego' Okafor aka 'King of money'
(first dude to drive a Lincoln navigator in 9ja.

These Niggaz ran things on a kentro level & epitomize what the Organized private sector in naija is all about (not those apologists begging for govt handout)
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by shilling(f): 11:35am On Mar 23, 2009
server34:

Type it on Microsoft word, save the file name as Nairaland on your desktop, then restart your computer.

roflmafao
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by werty: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2009
What about Mo Abudu? I like her show, Moments with Mo.

Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by joobreel(m): 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2009
Ibukun Awosika anytime!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? / Oyo State TESCOM CBT Updated Past Questions & Answers PDF / I Am About Making A Decision That Would Cost Me My I.T Placement: Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.