Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. (4009 Views)

. / How To Know You Are In A Healthy Relationship Or Not / Should I End The The Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 11:23am On Jul 30, 2015
The reason I left the romance section is because this is serious and I need mature advice pls. I have been dating my gf for over a year now and I'm very serious about her. She knows my family although she's yet to see my parents but they do talk on phone. She schooled with my younger sis in thesame uni.
The problem is, she seem to have fallen out of favor from my sis. I sometimes even persuade her to call and my sis don't really like her dat much again. She's even advising me to leave her. But that's not the major problem. The problem here is I get easily offended by her and loose my temper easily with her. I'm not that hot tempered cos I know how to hold my tongue but her little mistake throws me over the edge. We fight almost every week and I hope to settle down with her but don't know how to hold my temper. I don't know if it's her or me but she just pisses me off sometimes and I don't know why. I love her but don't know where this is coming from. I don't want a case whereby we settle down and we continue fighting and someone gets really hurt. God knows I hate divorce. Sorry if I wrote too much. There's a lot to put down but I need sincere advice.
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 30, 2015
if u end the relationship....who is to say u won't continue your temper issue with your next girl friend?

so work on urself dude..

i don't get angry o...really, i never get angry..why should i?

11 Likes

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 30, 2015
Leave the girl...can't type much...kindly leave her

6 Likes

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by agabaI23(m): 11:29am On Jul 30, 2015
Blonchilli:
The reason I left the romance section is because this is serious and I need mature advice pls. I have been dating my gf for over a year now and I'm very serious about her. She knows my family although she's yet to see my parents but they do talk on phone. She schooled with my younger sis in thesame uni.
The problem is, she seem to have fallen out of favor from my sis. I sometimes even persuade her to call and my sis don't really like her dat much again. She's even advising me to leave her. But that's not the major problem. The problem here is I get easily offended by her and loose my temper easily with her. I'm not that hot tempered cos I know how to hold my tongue but her little mistake throws me over the edge. We fight almost every week and I hope to settle down with her but don't know how to hold my temper. I don't know if it's her or me but she just pisses me off sometimes and I don't know why. I love her but don't know where this is coming from. I don't want a case whereby we settle down and we continue fighting and someone gets really hurt. God knows I hate divorce. Sorry if I wrote too much. There's a lot to put down but I need sincere advice.
If you can't control your temper now with her, you may not be able tommorrow.

You don't marry out of pity. Just make sure you are not being affected by your sisters stance.

You may need to ask your sister to tell you why she seems to hate her now. What has she found out that she did not know before etc.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 11:32am On Jul 30, 2015
DDeliverer:
if u end the relationship....who is to say u won't continue your temper issue with your next girl friend?

so work on urself dude..

i don't get angry o...really, i never get angry..why should i?
My close friends calls me a clown because I hardly get offended and make fun of things. Even when my friends heard about it there were shocked @ how someone would offend me that much. But I don't know where the temper is coming from. I hate men who hit their wives and fear if I would do thesame. The funny thing is there was a time I tried for weeks to ignore whatever happened but I couldnt.
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 11:37am On Jul 30, 2015
agabaI23:
If you can't control your temper now with her, you may not be able tommorrow.

You don't marry out of pity. Just make sure you are not being affected by your sisters stance.

You may need to ask your sister to tell you why she seems to hate her now. What has she found out that she did not know before etc.
Thanks. Before we started dating tho she did something really silly. We were chatting on whatapp and we were yabbing each other. Playfully oo but next thing I knew she copied and sent the message to a male friend who next thing I knew started bombarding me. I got angry and if not the guy respected me, it would have gone far so he advised me to forgive her. When I called her, she kept insulting me and I hated her then. 5 months later after her friends and mine begged I started dating her again but I feel I haven't really let go of it and I still have anger towards that. Don't know why.
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by redgem(f): 11:41am On Jul 30, 2015
kevinberry:
Leave the girl...can't type much...kindly leave her

And why should he leave her?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by redgem(f): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2015
Blonchilli:

Give yourself time...you both should take a break, meet new people and see if the fault is from you or her..

Just don't jump into conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by bennyrazz: 11:52am On Jul 30, 2015
@op, If she pisses you off, you easily get angry with her, she offends you easily then I have to write this to you, "You do not love her" you are simply infatuated. Do you know what love is? Love sees no wrong doing. My advice to you, move on and look for someone that does not piss you off or irritate you. Shekena

8 Likes

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by agabaI23(m): 11:53am On Jul 30, 2015
Blonchilli:

Thanks. Before we started dating tho she did something really silly. We were chatting on whatapp and we were yabbing each other. Playfully oo but next thing I knew she copied and sent the message to a male friend who next thing I knew started bombarding me. I got angry and if not the guy respected me, it would have gone far so he advised me to forgive her. When I called her, she kept insulting me and I hated her then. 5 months later after her friends and mine begged I started dating her again but I feel I haven't really let go of it and I still have anger towards that. Don't know why.
Then, the problem is probably with you. You are probably aware that you find it difficult to forgive. If that is th case, I suggest you work on yourself and keep the girl because, another person will do something worse....

This story ...

A guy told his father that he was ready to get married. He had a big barn, was a good hunter and is respected in the village.

The father said, "OK"

While coming back from the market, his father brought a goat home and asked him to look after it for him.

Scene 1. The goat used a tether to push down a bowl of water he was to bath with. He fumed and fetched another bowl.
Scene 2. The goat more than half of a tuber of yam he wanted to boil. He hit the goat and got another tuber.
Scene 3. One day, he came home and was very hungry. he was making soup to eat fufu. The goat used its tether to push down the earthen port with the soup from the fire. The earthen pot broke and the soup poured away.

The young man just went inside his hut and returned with a sharp cutlass which he used to severe the head of the goat from the body in one swoop.
The goat let out one shrill cry that attracted the attention of the father. The father asked, "what is happening?"The guy fumed and told his story.

The father told him that he would not get someone's daughter for him so that he would severe her head from the body because women will do worse things.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by 2sa2: 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
i think you are being influenced by your sister's dislike for her.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
agabaI23:
Then, the problem is probably with you. You are probably aware that you find it difficult to forgive. If that is th case, I suggest you work on yourself and keep the girl because, another person will do something worse....

This story ...

A guy told his father that he was ready to get married. He had a big barn, was a good hunter and is respected in the village.

The father said, "OK"

While coming back from the market, his father brought a goat home and asked him to look after it for him.

Scene 1. The goat used a tether to push down a bowl of water he was to bath with. He fumed and fetched another bowl.
Scene 2. The goat more than half of a tuber of yam he wanted to boil. He hit the goat and got another tuber.
Scene 3. One day, he came home and was very hungry. he was making soup to eat fufu. The goat used its tether to push down the earthen port with the soup from the fire. The earthen pot broke and the soup poured away.

The young man just went inside his hut and returned with a sharp cutlass which he used to severe the head of the goat from the body in one swoop.
The goat let out one shrill cry that attracted the attention of the father. The father asked, "what is happening?"The guy fumed and told his story.

The father told him that he would not get someone's daughter for him so that he would severe her head from the body because women will do worse things.
Thanks bro...
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
redgem:

Give yourself time...you both should take a break, meet new people and see if the fault is from you or her..

Thanks bro...
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
redgem:

Thanks sir
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
redgem:

Will try that...good one tho
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by redgem(f): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
Blonchilli:
Thanks sir
I'm not a sir...I'm a lady

You are welcome
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
redgem:

I'm not a sir...I'm a lady

You are welcome
Sorry embarassed embarassed...Thanks Lady
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
redgem:

And why should he leave her?

The guy is always angry with her,his sister is having issues with her too...abeg they should leave the poor girl alone

9 Likes

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
kevinberry:

The guy is always angry with her,her brother is having issues with her too...abeg they should leave the poor girl alone
Lol. Not my brother.
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Moana(f): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
Blonchilli:

its best you leave her so she can be with someone emotionally mature

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by K9blunt(f): 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
Blonchilli:

In this case, leave the girl, its obvious she's not matured enough to be married. And you might regret it. Just ask yourself if you marry her you would end up happy or not.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
Moana:
its best you leave her so she can be with someone emotionally mature
Please explain what you mean by "emotionally mature"
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Femsyn(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
I think she isn't living up to some of your expectations; hence, flaring up over little issues, which you think "she ought to have known or handled better".
...My Opinion

1 Like

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
Femsyn:
I think she isn't living up to some of your expectations; hence, flaring up over little issues, which you think "she ought to have known or handled better".
...My Opinion
I think u just read my mind
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Moana(f): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
Blonchilli:

Please explain what you mean by "emotionally mature"
you cant let things go and move on. You hold on the every little irrelevant thing, what will you do if you face a real big problem?

7 Likes

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Femsyn(m): 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2015
Blonchilli:

Read your mind? I think its because I've been in a similar situation in the past. Her nature/personality doesn't make her a bad person, its just that your requirements in a woman CANNOT be provided by her.

Suggestion: Let her go. She'll find someone who doesn't have any issue with her personality.

What I did in my case: I let her go. Now, i'm married to someone who is more down-to-earth (homely), traditional (awesome cook), handle my briefs perfectly in my absence (and vice versa), takes the initiative(enterprising), intelligent, receptive and averagely outgoing. I'm the "sharp sharp" kinda guy, hence a "sluggish" woman will infuriate me.

She's equally HAPPILY married.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
Please, end the relationship, so you can have enough time to take care of your venom.

You and your sister should not go and kill the poor girl for her parents.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by GHoJes: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
Blonchilli:
Was it your sis you were encouraging her to call after their fall out? was it after their fall out your temper started flaring?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by sniperr007(m): 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
Blonchilli:

U mayb b demanding more Dan she can give unconsciously and dat she can't give u,pisses u.

Relax wit her. Try to understand her afresh and stop assuming.

Abt ur sister, ders some information dey hold abt each other dats probably causing d tension.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 11:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
GHoJes:

Was it your sis you were encouraging her to call after their fall out?
was it after their fall out your temper started flaring?
Before the fall out. I can't make or force someone I'm dating to call my sis. I noticed they don't talk much and both hardly spoke or inquired about the other. But she's cool wif my mum.
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 11:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
Gaborone:
Please, end the relationship, so you can have enough time to take care of your venom.

You and your sister should not go and kill the poor girl for her parents.
Seems u don't really understand what was written. Please understand before u jump to conclusion madam Gaborone undecided... just jump to conclusion without even fully understanding. Things like this makes me wonder whether ppl think. Nobody made dis kind of irrelevant comment.
Re: Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. by Blonchilli(m): 11:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
Femsyn:

Read your mind? I think its because I've been in a similar situation in the past. Her nature/personality doesn't make her a bad person, its just that your requirements in a woman CANNOT be provided by her.

Suggestion: Let her go. She'll find someone who doesn't have any issue with her personality.

What I did in my case: I let her go. Now, i'm married to someone who is more down-to-earth (homely), traditional (awesome cook), handle my briefs perfectly in my absence (and vice versa), takes the initiative(enterprising), intelligent, receptive and averagely outgoing. I'm the "sharp sharp" kinda guy, hence a "sluggish" woman will infuriate me.

She's equally HAPPILY married.

I see u ve had ur own experience. it went well @ d end. Congrats smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

How My Maid F**cks Me With My Parent’s Approval / I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem / Girls holding Their Garment Upward Showing Their Behind Shape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.