Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri (44505 Views)

Daddy Freeze Blasts Nigerians Falling for U.S Lottery winner's online scam / Soso Soberekon Blasts Nigerians Laughing At Those Doing Menial Jobs Abroad / ''we Don't Support Our Own People''; Angry Dbanj Blasts Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by ganja06(m): 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
iamrealdeji:
he said we don't patronize our own,don't people patronize Gari? And is Gari produced in America? Or his own Garri is what we must patronize to make it our own?
lol. Don't mind him, they will never go to calabar, akwa ibom or abuja to shoot their video, and i'm sure the shoe he is wearing is italian, now he wants us to start eating his own special garri.
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by Vivly(f): 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ok this dude is joking big time. Two cups of garri sells for #50 on the market. By the time Dbanj adds the price of his koko wrapper I wonder how much his 50g will go for. If u no beg me for two weeks, I no buy.

1 Like

Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by allanphash7(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
Chai

Noted
iamrealdeji:

I swear,if he can shape his own kulikuli like pencil and not gbaga gbaga,thats packaging
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by azimibraun: 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
I can't remember now but I think in one of his Hit song Oliver twist.. he said he loved one lady because she doesn't "DRINK GARRI" I guess it was Nadia Bwari or so. That was a bad one from him. He is the worst advert of his own product. Did a Video with Akon and some first class models and spent the whole time sipping the coolest wines and not a single scene where he was sipping the coolest garri. A missed opportunity because hit tracks don't come easy for him lately.

1 Like

Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by iamrealdeji(m): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
jaymejate:

No, don't get it twisted... This Garri is mainly for EXPORTATION. To Extend garri to the outter most part of the earth. Soon GARRI go de DICTIONARY
Gari don dey dictionary before lol. If it's for exportation,thats good,but he'll need proper international promotion like advertising on TVs over there etc cos there are many products like this over there that have been around for more than 50 years,so,if it's going to be for exportation,then fine,he should go ahead and go for it
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by jaymejate: 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
iamrealdeji:
Gari don dey dictionary before lol. If it's for exportation,thats good,but he'll need proper international promotion like advertising on TVs over there etc cos there are many products like this over there that have been around for more than 50 years,so,if it's going to be for exportation,then fine,he should go ahead and go for it

If garri is there already, at least it needs repackaging. And Bros na 'Garri' we want for dictionary not 'gari'
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by jaymejate: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
azimibraun:
I can't remember now but I think in one of his Hit song Oliver twist.. he said he loved one lady because she doesn't "DRINK GARRI" I guess it was Nadia Bwari or so. That was a bad one from him. He is the worst advert of his own product. Did a Video with Akon and some first class models and spent the whole time sipping the coolest wines and not a single scene where he was sipping the coolest garri. A missed opportunity because hit tracks don't come easy for him lately.

I trust d'banj, u go see him drink garri soon, watch out!!!
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by juddexy2(m): 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
brainpower:
This is a nice investment but not a billion dollar investment, why? because I'd rather buy a basin of garri for 1500naira than buy 10cups of garri at 1000naira. Secondly, the percentage of middle class and poor people in Nigeria are much more higher than the rich who can afford it. All in all, it's a good investment. More grease to your elbows. And the statement about people envying you when you are flexing but abusing you during you hustle is the bomb. Very soon they will cook up something in the media to accuse you.
Bro,with good marketing and innovation, its still a billion dollar investment, average Nigerian would rather buy a tin of peak milk for #120 than a 50cl of normal evaporated milk for #100, kudos to him
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by iamrealdeji(m): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
ganja06:

lol. Don't mind him, they will never go to calabar, akwa ibom or abuja to shoot their video, and i'm sure the shoe he is wearing is italian, now he wants us to start eating his own special garri.
Nigerian musicians are just self centered. They want their fans and everybody to do for them but they're not ready to do for anybody, Yet they expect people to buy their products and donate for them whenever they're sick like everyone is created to serve them. When has he ever patronized one Alfa Muri's tailoring shop to make native dress and promote him or patronize those Aba and Onitsha brothers for nice shoes,some of them are making really nice shoes,he should also promote them by wearing their products and make people to stop looking down on their products,i bet D'banj would be one of those people that say they can never wear Aba products,now he's saying something else to favor himself

1 Like

Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by conquerorsegun(m): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
Have u tasted it b4?
Naavah:
The garri is very nice. crunchy too
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by iamrealdeji(m): 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
jaymejate:

If garri is there already, at least it needs repackaging. And Bros na 'Garri' we want for dictionary not 'gari'
it's the same thing bro,gari,garri, Gani Fawenhinmi is written "Gani" and not "Ganni"
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by DaBullIT(m): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
gnut flavor, kulikuli flavor , milksy flavor grin grin grin
kannymoore:
It's funny @ face value but the guy actually uttered some truths sha...

We no dey like appreciate our own!

And that garri soaking competition ain't such a bad idea.. afterall.. on SonyMax via DSTV there's this show "Man vs Food Nation" where peeps render..ahem.."reverse culinary exploits" vis à vis who can download the largest portion of particular dishes set @ under a specific time-frame...

LOL..

I swear.. its not such a bad idea sha!!!

But as for patronizing Koko-garri...

My lips are sealed on this one!

...scratch that..

Since we all know Naija peeps too like efizzi.. why not release Koko Garri in different flavors..

I mean.. Koko-garri "Strawberry Flavour", Koko-garri "Banana Flavor" or Spicy Koko-garri "Bushmeat Flavor" Wont be such bad ideas or don't you'all think?? Nigerians need new flavors..new palettes..new tastes mehn!! heck, if not for Orijin and LaCasera, we'd still be stuck with star, Gulder and Coke and Fanta tilleh kingdom come!!! Lol!

It's the 21st century Baaybayy!!!!.. new ideas are welcome mehn!! grin

1 Like

Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by brainpower(m): 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
juddexy2:
Bro,with good marketing and innovation, its still a billion dollar investment, average Nigerian would rather buy a tin of peak milk for #120 than a 50cl of normal evaporated milk for #100, kudos to him

If you can tell me where I can readily buy condensed milk at 50naira in the local market I will believe you. Who is an average Nigerian if I may ask? Average is the addition of poor and rich and dividing it. So if poor greatly out numbers rich by a wide margin which is the case in Nigeria, it also means an average Nigerian can't afford peak milk. Why do you think peak is making sachet milk? It is because a lot of Nigerians are avoiding their milk. Point is, an average Nigerian can't afford peak milk.

1 Like

Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by iamrealdeji(m): 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
Vivly:
Ok this dude is joking big time. Two cups of garri sells for #50 on the market. By the time Dbanj adds the price of his koko wrapper I wonder how much his 50g will go for. If u no beg me for two weeks, I no buy.
also, he doesn't have to rely on hotels and restaurants to patronize him if his Garri is not same price with normal unpackaged Garri of same quality,because they're all about profit and not to show off Koko Garri packs
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
gistyinka:
Pop star D'banj took to social media to slammed Nigerians for placing much attention of imported products and failed to support their own insisting many of the products we embrace and cherish in the country are foreign products.

Read his emotional outburst after the cut:

He wrote

Guys, KokoGarri is available on Konga & in Ebeano Stores!

Who owns Ciroc vodka? Who owns Beats headphones? Who own RocknRepublic? The list goes on. What we do in Nigeria is to laugh at people’s hustle. And when it starts paying, creating jobs and moving the person to the next level, we are quick to ask why is the person living so large? Does he know how many people are hustling and going to bed hungry? But we don’t consider the person’s hustle in the beginning worthy of support. I am a strong Supporter of Nigerian Brands. How many politicians bought this Koko Garri to give their supporters? But they gave imported rice abi? When Otunba Ghadaffi started his mobile toilets, people called him “Agbe po!!!” It wasn’t for long, others joined DMT to do what he was laughed at. I know that a few think what’s DBanj thinking to invest in Garri. Newsflash!!!! I bet you all that is a $30b market. KOKOGARRI to be promoted & distributed in hotels and restaurants. Wherever beans and moi-moi is served, there should be packs of Koko Garri as options to pap, dodo and yam. Trust me, you will see how it will grow. I think there should be a Garri soaking competition sef. The hamburger competitions we see on television don’t even have as much entertainment value…
Round 1, Koko Garri and groundnuts,
Round 2, Koko Garri and coconut,
Round 3 Koko and Kilishi… Powered by Eva Water and Dangote sugar… Winner gets a Koko Garri distribution vehicle and a start up store

#KokoGarri #IjebuRedefined#NigerianBrand cc @iambangalee

Guys, Una don hear.. Oya bring plate make we soak garri. Who goes first?

D'banj Cry Out on Encouragement for Local Product: D'banj Slammed Government and Nigerians for Not Supporting Local Product and People Who Laugh at Him for Selling Garri

I can't wait but hit the 60th likes because i'm a true believer of progress and greatness of our responsible brothers and sisters all across the country.

Ride on Dbanj... Patriotic Nigerians will always love their brand.

One Nigeria forever.
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by InvertedHammer: 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
/
Garri competition?

Nairaland will be empty that day.

\

1 Like

Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by wrongnumber: 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
jaymejate:

I was opportuned to stay inba village for like 3days. That village is like another country itself. It is endowed with all sought of natural resources and things needed by big industries. If people(youths) can take time to explore, there are alot of things undiscovered that we can tap into and make money out of it. That snail business is another one cos the shell is bn used by some industries. Many things there.

Now d'banj is busy making money from his own business idea, some jobless Nigerians are busy talking nonsense.

Redefined akara by jaymejay sponsored by KoKo garri coming your way.
If u like talk nonsense, na your mouth o

Snail shells for real.I will look it up.

Ride on bro,there was a time that the ceo of coca kola was begging people to buy it but today first class graduates do prayer and fasting to get an interview there.

Our ladies are also a big problem to the few of us with vision.

Tell your babe you want to start a palm kernel distribution business and watch her reaction then after a month tell her you are called for an interbiew in a blue chip company and watch her jump on you in excitement.

Tarrr
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by iamrealdeji(m): 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
wrongnumber:

Snail shells for real.I will look it up.

Ride on bro,there was a time that the ceo of coca kola was begging people to buy it but today first class graduates do prayer and fasting to get an interview there.

Our ladies are also a big problem to the few of us with vision.

Tell your babe you want to start a palm kernel distribution business and watch her reaction then after a month tell her you are called for an interbiew in a blue chip company and watch her jump on you in excitement.

Tarrr
so,na because of ordinary babe you no go fit do wetin you wan do? Smh excuses,excuses
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by oladeledave: 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
Top 20 Health Benefits Of Walking

An average Nigerian will rather take a bike from his living room to the toilet, this is the extent to which people are wen it comes to walking. we all hardly take a walk down the road more often.
Do you understand that one of the reasons why individuals are truly focused on today is on account of they are constantly cooped up inside and never truly get out? It's practically like having a fever. You're stuck inside, you don't recognize what to do, and you're stuck in a situation which you're not by any stretch of the imagination OK with. Getting out and having any kind of effect in your life, seeing distinctive things and encountering genuine can truly offer assistance.

1. Reduces the risk of some cancers.
2. Reduces the risk of heart attack
3. Less likely to lead to injuries.
4. Reduces stress.
5. Reduces the risk of heart disease.
6. It’s absolutely free, you don’t have to pay for it.
7. Helps to maintain strong bones.

Read More
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
Who is D'banj?

Ask google
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by M4gunners: 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hahaha the way he defended it makes it more interesting. Abeg i need one bag of koko garri.
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by ModiKen(m): 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
Twaci:
WTF?! shocked shocked

KokoGarri?!

*laughs outta thread*

CC: lalasticlala

Why u laughing at him?

Its a made in Nigeria product.

Lets support it. Lets appreciate what we've got.

If it was NewYorkGarri, would u laugh?

2 Likes

Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by melodies: 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
I just love his courage. Going for what he wants to do without giving a feather what anybody thinks. Ride on jare bangerlee! More ororo to your hustle
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by Cynergy: 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
jaymejate:

No, don't get it twisted... This Garri is mainly for EXPORTATION. To Extend garri to the outter most part of the earth. Soon GARRI go de DICTIONARY
point of correction GARRI is already in the modern oxford dictionary tehteh!
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by chukzy700: 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
great move Dbanj
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by Twaci(f): 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2015
mordouc:
see one of them haters. You no fit invent and they attack people wey dey try to make life easy for u. Bastard
undecided

Was that necessary?

I only found it funny because Garri sold online is not something u see everyday....don't see how it affects u though...

1 Like

Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by Naavah(f): 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
conquerorsegun:
Have u tasted it b4?
yes sir
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by Twaci(f): 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
ModiKen:

Why u laughing at him?

Its a made in Nigeria product.

Lets support it. Lets appreciate what we've got.

If it was NewYorkGarri, would u laugh?
Garri aint something u see everyday dear, and the fact that he compared it to Beats by Dre made it funny...and whiny (when u think about it)

Aint trying to spoil his market smiley
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by kannymoore(m): 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
mordouc:
see one of them haters. You no fit invent and they attack people wey dey try to make life easy for u. Bastard

Guy..

The "bastard" line no too cool nah?!

Haba..

She curse you before ni?....no.

She curse Dbanj join?........no.

If you yourself come online and see iyanya selling Branded pure water satchet..

Talk true, wetin go be the first reaction?! lol.

As guyman to guyman.. You owe her an apology y'know. Heavens no go fall.

One love bro. grin !

3 Likes

Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by Twaci(f): 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
iamrealdeji:
haba,brother you be D'banj's brother? Leave my Twaci alone o,D'banj no go pay you a penny if you think so na, Has she insulted him? D'banj actually made funny jokes,even,he would just smile at Twaci's comment if he was on this thread cos we're all having fun and it's part of advert
Thanks dear smiley. Dunno why the thing pain am like that

Have a good evening.
Re: Dbanj Blasts Nigerians Who Laugh At Him For Selling Garri by pbs4real(m): 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
mordouc:
u get quarell wit her b4? Wich one be bastard

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo's Wife, Amara Looks Gorgeous (Photos) / Mr Eazi And Temi Otedola Loved Up In New Photos / Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.