Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card (139078 Views)

How To Repair A Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card (memory Card) / How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card And Flash Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by tola9ja: 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by ademasta(m): 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
Cool
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by GoodMuyis(m): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
afolabi1992:
If you have a corrupt or damaged memory which you tried to format and it keeps replying you with WINDOWS CAN’T FORMAT DISK and you wish to repair it, kindly follow the following steps:-
Insert the corrupted memory card into a card reader, and then connect the card reader to the computer.
Open RUN on your computer (to open RUN click on the “start” icon and enter “search for program” then type in RUN.
After opening RUN type in “CMD” in the provided text box.
After that, type in “DISKPART”.
Type in “LIST DISK”.
Type in “SELECT DISK 1”.
Type in “CLEAN”.
Type in “CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY”.
Type in “ACTIVE”.
Type in “SELECT PARTITION 1”.
Lastly type in “FORMAT FS=FAT32”.
NOTE: YOU SHOULD WAIT FOR 30 MINUTES FOR IT TO FINISH LOADING 1 -100%
After finishing this process remove your card reader from the computer USB port and also remove the SD card from the card reader……..that’s all.
<br> <br>

sources: http://www.mokoshalb.com/2015/07/how-to-repair-damaged-or-corrupted-sd.html

LAST OF LASTLY
Type in “ASSIGN”. #So that you can see it from My Computer
Type in “EXIT”.
Type in “EXIT”. #Else you can still damage the SD Card

After finishing this process remove your card reader from the computer USB port and also remove the SD card from the card reader……..that’s all.

::Modified::
WARNING: Following The OP Procedure may end up in disaster wiping the data in you PC Storage

REASON 1: Type in “LIST DISK” May not display your SD Card at sometime but try using “LIST VOLUME”
REASON 2: Type in “SELECT DISK 1” will not work since “LIST DISK” did not work from the above I will give you suggestion latter.
REASON 3: Type in “SELECT DISK 1” the Worst of this command is that you are actually referring to your Computer Hard-disk that contain your Windows OS, hence it will not be successful. DISK 1 is the first DISK in your PC

Be Guided

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Goldenheart(m): 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
this thing no work jare....fake thread
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Smooyis(m): 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
Will try it. Hope it works. Thumbs up!
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by hoc2(m): 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2015
nice one
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Emrexz(m): 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
e author=ikbnice post=36441642]
i hav d same prblm. I av tried evry means to no avail.[/quote]oqa qo buy new 1 nah
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Rogbese(m): 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2015
Pavore9:
Been trying to recover some videos in my SD card, hope this works!

Format a drive and everything on it is gone more or less.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Rogbese(m): 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
LOUIS6:

Pls... Can you recommend a good memory card for me..

I bought a 16gb memory card ( d one have class 10 inscription on it, with red and green case....

Rite now d memory card is no longer recognised by any device

SanDisk. There is a shop in computer village ikeja that sells original ones.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Rogbese(m): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
Has anyone noticed that the OP has not responded to any request? Suspicious...
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by akigbemaru: 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
to repair bsd sd slot.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by fubbyy(m): 11:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
afolabi1992:
If you have a corrupt or damaged memory which you tried to format and it keeps replying you with WINDOWS CAN’T FORMAT DISK and you wish to repair it, kindly follow the following steps:-
Insert the corrupted memory card into a card reader, and then connect the card reader to the computer.
Open RUN on your computer (to open RUN click on the “start” icon and enter “search for program” then type in RUN.
Type in “LIST DISK”.
Type in “SELECT DISK 1”.
Type in “CLEAN”.
Type in “ACTIVE”.
<br> <br>

sources: http://www.mokoshalb.com/2015/07/how-to-repair-damaged-or-corrupted-sd.html
this one is see something like format in your post,is it going to format the memory card?

Secondly there's no specified box for COMMAND after RUN
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by eluquenson(m): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
Nice info
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by BarrElChapo(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
Abeg order for me too naa

Walexz02:

Let me order this for you free bro. You'll thank me later

32GB memory card mobile and laptop compatible @N3,500 only on Jumia! Click http:///JUM-32GB-CARD-2 or call 014607700 now!

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by MozB: 11:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
It worked... GOD bless U bro
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
dridowu:
Hallo afolabi1992 can you unlock memory card ? I forgot the password

Please, use a Symbian phone to solve this problem.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by lordkeme(m): 11:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
dridowu:
Hallo afolabi1992 can you unlock memory card ? I forgot the password
format it with a symbian phone.,.dats all
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by bosunjohns(m): 11:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
afolabi1992:
Type in “LIST DISK”.
Type in “SELECT DISK 1”.
Type in “CLEAN”.
Type in “ACTIVE”.
<br> <br>

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by MyParadise(m): 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
tanks
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by arbitrage: 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
tintingz:
My 16G SD card which i usually format almost everyday before I can download, is it fake or what?

Thank God for backups.

Am planning on getting another SD card.

What I read on a US website about such problems of memory cards is that most of them are Chinese fake products. They claimed that the advertised and displayed sizes of many of these cards are not true. So when a 2GB memory card is tampered with to display 32 or 64GB, they said it will start giving problem immediately you store flles that are more than the true 2GB space it originally has.

I have a 32GB of such SD card that has been misbehaving as unrecognized after previous use in my smartphone. When I put it in my tablet, the tablet requested reformatting, which I did and surprisingly got 2GB card size at the end but now behaving normal.

I also have such malfunctioning in my 1TB (1000 GB) USB flash drive from China. After some initial storage of files, it started malfunctioning as I stored more. Currently, anything stored inside a folder will be corrupt, whereas the files I stored directly inside the device will be okay. Nothing of such malfunction has happened to another 128 GB USB flash drive I bought from the USA.

Anyway, I am still risking the cheap Chinese products as I have ordered two SD cards again of 128GB and 256GB, hoping they will work. The 128GB is delivered already. I may try this repair method given by the op on them.

2 Likes

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 30, 2015
Shitshitshitshit!!!!!fucccck!!!

I use to thrownway my SD CArds!nah wah oh!
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by spako4(m): 12:07am On Jul 31, 2015
Nice one
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by professore(m): 12:08am On Jul 31, 2015
This is informative
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by myke92(m): 12:09am On Jul 31, 2015
tintingz:
My 16G SD card which i usually format almost everyday before I can download, is it fake or what?

Thank God for backups.

Am planning on getting another SD card.

yep, its fake.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by just2endowed: 12:09am On Jul 31, 2015
The method the operator drop is quite helpful for those that bought a fake sd card. The best way is to prevent it as prevention most time is better than repair.

The question now is : how to know the true capacity of a msd card.

Download a system apps called h2estw.exe and run it. The apps will start testing ur card. Telling u the writing speed of the card. It will start checking the space of the card by copying to the space: as most fake card start misbehaving when u copy heavy file that fill up the card space.

https://www.nairaland.com/1853577/genuine-class10-advance-microsdcard-16g32gig64g/1

2 Likes

Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by arbitrage: 12:29am On Jul 31, 2015
GoodMuyis:

LAST OF LASTLY
Type in “ASSIGN”. #So that you can see it from My Computer
Type in “EXIT”.
Type in “EXIT”. #Else you can still damage the SD Card

Will this method work for normal USB flash drive and what of in built SD card reader drive that is not connected to USB port?
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by ikanason(m): 12:38am On Jul 31, 2015
Good one
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Bontia(m): 1:01am On Jul 31, 2015
Nice
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by unikprince(m): 1:39am On Jul 31, 2015
My own 8g SD card just went blank, and it doesn't show on any device when inserted. Will this work for me?
Also, I bought a 16g flash drive from jumia but whenever I try using it to copy something it goes blank too. I really need advise on how to fix these two stuff. Thank u
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Rexnegro(m): 1:50am On Jul 31, 2015
afolabi1992:
Type in “LIST DISK”.
Type in “SELECT DISK 1”.
Type in “CLEAN”.
Type in “ACTIVE”.
<br> <br>

All the type in should be in capital letters right like u did above right ? Nice job bro..I for one really appreciate this.
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by hikmojj(m): 2:05am On Jul 31, 2015
@op can the same be done for a flash drive?
Re: How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card by Gboliwe: 2:11am On Jul 31, 2015
And this thread shows up after I had angrily ripped my 8gb memory card apart just about a month or two ago.

I'd held on to it for over a year, hoping it would work. It never did embarassed in anger I just took it out on of those saturdays I was cleaning my room and destroyed it manually.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Release Tecno Y6 The Specs And Price Will Wow You / Short Codes To Check Your Mobile Numbers For Mtn,etisalat,glo And Airtel. / Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.