Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi (33481 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Bought A Plastic Fish In London Cries Out (Video) / A Nairalander Catches Snake Fish In Niger Delta - Pics / Toddler Dies After Eating Poisoned Rice (pictures Of Suspects) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by delishpot: 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
boolet:
Are you for real? This is Africa!

Simple research will do. Find the name and specie of that fish and the truth will be out. Dont you know some plants and animals are toxic and can kill when consumed?
I know this is Africa I know.
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by thoollz: 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
P
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by shegsrules(m): 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
A whole mod no d check wetin him d post. U topic say dumb d write tp say blind
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by khalifer(m): 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
the fish is poisonous simple. Their is dis documentary I watched of late on tv, if the fish bone pears on some one it will nt take more than 5mins. the person will die. ignorance is a disease. whn e be say some people self bite u. the teeth poison fit kill. lool
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by bqlekan(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
the villagers killed them not the fish. thats how superstition work. the men should have known better. RIP TO THE DEAD
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by mytime24(f): 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2015
Rip to d dead

2 Likes

Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by thoollz: 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/two-dead-one-[b]dumbed[b]-after-eating-forbidden-fish-in-ebonyi/#sthash.5KPlSy32.dpuf
I thought I saw blind
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
some species of fish are poisonous.
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by logica(m): 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hmm. 2 dead, one blind? Maybe the Devil is in the detail. We should be asking what they DRANK as they ate the fish. Were they drinking akpeteshi? If yes, then I suspect methanol poisoning.

2 Likes

Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by OgologoDimkpa: 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
Abeg wetin be the name of the fish?
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by Jamesrock(m): 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
vizkiz:
Nigerians can eat anything! grin
Imagine one bastard telling me that lizards are very nutricious angry

As for me, anything apart from catfish and red meat is a no go area! If you like smoke am make the aroma dey shake the heavenlys, I no chop grin
lol, kindly knw dat lizard is used as a traditional cure 4 tuberculosis in sum part of north nd east
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by horexy(f): 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
LOL
Forbidden fish?
Stil can't stop laughing...
They must have eaten a mermaid cheesy
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
I will love to use that fish for barbecue make I confirm am. Come to think of it some fishes are know to be extremely poisonous

The gal below, I nor under why ur hand dey pack dat place in ur profile pix o. you be She-male
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by STENON(f): 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
RIP to the Dead and Get well soon to the Blind.
Obedience is better than sacrifice. Jst as it is in ondo town, there is a particular day in November of every year that Female are forbidden from going out or else that Female will not conceive/gt Pregnant in this Life. Some Female students will still go out to market/saloon. I always stay in my room truout that day and do everything indoor since it is always Lecture free day.
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by delishpot: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
logica:
Hmm. 2 dead, one blind? Maybe the Devil is in the detail. We should be asking what they DRANK as they ate the fish. Were they drinking akpeteshi? If yes, then I suspect methanol poisoning.

You get point there.
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by otiigba1(m): 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
vizkiz:

As for me, anything apart from catfish and red meat is a no go area! If you like smoke am make the aroma dey shake the heavenlys, I no chop grin
believe me after the smoking and aroma you won't be able to notice,am sure you may have eaten lizard without even knowing grin embarassed
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by otiigba1(m): 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
Were are the "dey don de follow them from village" crew? Am sure they will have the answers why this has happenedgrin
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by Pierocash(m): 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
muhyeenisce:
Jexus cryst
why spelling Jesus Christ in such a manner, have some respect for d heavenlies
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
vizkiz:

HYPOCRITE,

NA UNA TYPE DEY CHOP DOG MEAT, CHOP RAT, CHOP ANY CREEPY THINS THAT ROAM THE EARTH
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by sukkot: 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
lets use that fish to make fresh fish peppersoup for the treasonous anarchist namadi kanu
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by muhyeenisce(m): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
Pierocash:

why spelling Jesus Christ in such a manner, have some respect for d heavenlies
na u knw oooooo
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
Is the fish a metaphor for sleeping with a ''forbidden'' girl that had HIV or they literally ate a fish....Or did they eat fish and drink the banned Ondo Ogogoro that was also causing blindness in Ondo...we will need to retrieve the black box in the faeces to find out
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by ManTiger(m): 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
That fish is actually forbidden. Seeing how the fish looks should tell them it's forbidden because the fins is like the irukere.
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by vague: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
vizkiz:

you dont eat chicken and tolo tolo?
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by Daniel058(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
Taylor86:
RIP

which one b forbidden fish?
shark or whale?

orishirishi gradually moving from osun and ogun to ebonyi
taa!!! stop diaaa!! !! Check siggy cool
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
delishpot:
Juju has nothing to do with this. That fish may just be naturaly poisonous.

Spoke my mind... Africa and Juju eh? God forbid!
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
First, some species of fish are poisonous too.

Second, if you feel that someone is making a superstitions warning, properly debunk the warning before flouting it. RIP.
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by CyberWolf: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
grin grin I remember back then in my village, there is this pond with different kinds of fish..The villagers perform a monthly ritual for the fish..If you there kill this fish or eat them, you will die.. Every village in my area has this special pond up till now angry
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by CyberWolf: 6:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
delishpot:
Juju has nothing to do with this. That fish may just be naturaly poisonous.
its juju..The fish is usually like normal catfish ..every village in my area has this special pond where pagans perform monthly ritual for those fishes. If you dare kill nor eat the fish, you will die..The one in my village is almost 100 years old and it's still there right now..
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by delishpot: 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
CyberWolf:
its juju..The fish is usually like normal catfish ..every village in my area has this special pond where pagans perform monthly ritual for those fishes. If you dare kill nor eat the fish, you will die..The one in my village is almost 100 years old and it's still there right now..

Bros send me picture if you have any let me investigate
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by CyberWolf: 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
delishpot:

Bros send me picture if you have any let me investigate
grin ..don't worry when I go village, I will snap plenty pics with the fishes
Re: Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi by tosyne55(m): 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
[quote author=ToyozzieTohBad post=36433626]Ounje Awon Awon Iya Mi Eleye.[/quote undecided[quote author=ToyozzieTohBad post=36433626]Ounje Awon Awon Iya Mi Eleye.[/quote like seriously; Africa and black magic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video) / Man Catches Big Python In Delta, Butchers It For Pepper Soup (Photos) / How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.