Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,360 members, 7,954,469 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:42 PM

Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype (6017 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Music Countdown In 2017 So Far / 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs / Greatest Nigerian Rappers:the Evergreen List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
10-Blaqbonez:-The yoruba computer engner
rapper of OAU has been on
steady rise since he won terrtharapman zombie
competition.dropping his
won mixtape "Hiphop is blaq" around febuary
2013.The western rapper
who also bear chuemeka said one of is parent is
from urhobo. He's
currently on Vector's kinkong competition,the
rapper who once dissed
vector and also said Vector his one of his best
rapper in a list he
dropped somtimes this year.we current heard his
working on his debut
album "MUSA". this dude get little or no
recorgnition from the media

9-Godwon:- when ever you hear this name,sinzu
should quickly comes
into your mind.Godwon who give sinzu a run for
his money sometime ago
in a diss track where we can bodly say he slain
sinzu. He has a lot of
tape out there but the media has failed to hype
him.

8- SDC:- consist of two rapper Tec and Ghost,there
last album "The
dreamer Project" around 2010 was my favourite
album. And there hit
single "HappyWeekend" has been on heavy
rotation on Lagos beat FM
everyweekend(shout out to beat FM) this two
rappers signed under
syndicate record has a lot of tape out there,buh
have little
recorgnition from the media.

7-Loosekaynoon:- It save to call him MI's
Protedege,the Kaduna brought
up Rapper has so many tape out there. His
"Hallelluyah" track was a
decent one,buh went un-noticed by the media
house! We urge the media
to put a lil beat spot light on him.not fogerting
that his now a
memeber of choc boys family,a label that house
heavy weight artiste
like MI ,IcePrince and Jesse jagz.

6-Eclipse:-The umuhia rapper/Producer who is
currently sign with
aboriginal records. Wouldn't forget his hit single
"GENTLEMAN"(one of
my favourite song from him) he has so many tape
out there.hope the
media will start puting some hype on Him.

5-Phenom:- The edo rapper who based in lag use
to be house under
knight house records,then known has night house
General. His EP "Best
Rapper Alive" is a heavy hiphop EP every rap head
needs to listen
to,he was on MI abaga illegal music2 mixtape,on
the track "6footplus"
some day he slain MI on the track. He's first single
"Omo naija" is
still one of the best rap song by a Nigerian.with
this heavy line "I'm
so f**cking good without a condom" please the
media should stop
sleeping on him.

4-Lordvino:-The Abuja rapper is one of the
nigerian most brilliant
Emcee have seen,he proved it with the song
"Mathematics ft Boogey". A
song off his 234 mixtape.. We heard his working
on a new EP titled
"Bars Only"

3-Paybac:-Even some Rapheads dnt know him.he
dropped a single yestady
"Lonely and depressed". I can bet my last kobo on
this consious
rapper,he's the new nas of his generation,he
dropped a mixtape few
months ago 16track "Other side of the Radio"
produced by the mask
Producer charlie X. The Media should put hype on
him.

2- AQ:-Rapper AQ has been here since 2004. Are u
schock/suprise?. Well
he has albums and mixtape to his name,he's he
recently realesed "SON
OF JOHN2 album" is one of the best hiphop
album have heard from a
nigerian. An album he sold online for just N50.i
urge u today to
please go cop ur own. An hiphop concert has
been put up by him,which
will host almost all Nigerian Dopest Emcees like
MI,Mode9,Terrytharapman,Pherosows and the
rest. titled "Son of john
hiphop concert" Regular tickect is 1k, Vip3k, the
concert he said to
take place by 1st of August,pls endeavour to be
there.follow im on
twitter for more details @thisisaq

1-Boogey:- Boogey is definately Nigerian Dopest
Emcee Right now with
his new EP "This is not an Acronmy(TINAA)" he
was dropped a mixtape
some years back also "Artificial intelligent" hiphop
heads already
tagged him the saviour of Nigerian Hiphop.he has
also feature on
Mode9,MI,Terrytharapman mixtapes,with a host
of other.with his
storytelling ability and and intelligent
worplays...please the Media
should help in putting his carreer in a higher note

Cc Lalalasticlala

Cc ishilove

1 Like

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
Notable mentions..(kidmarley,oladips mcskills)
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
Blaqbonez

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by olokpa11(m): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
Phenom is so good, dunno wassup with him and the media, also eclipse is hot.u need money for the media to hype u period.
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
Godwon

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
SDC

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
Loosekaynoon

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
Eclipse

1 Like

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
Phenom

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
Lordvino

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
Paybac

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
AQ

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2015
Boogey

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2015
olokpa11:
Phenom is so good, dunno wassup with him and the media, also eclipse is hot.u need money for the media to hype u period.
like he has issues with is label...
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2015
Sinizia Liricyst DJ5naira Airforce1 Safari Giyazz Limerick Gottoboy 007Bruce Mikuz Obesemf

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by Sandydayz(f): 7:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Sinizia
Liricyst
DJ5naira
Airforce1
Safari
Giyazz
Limerick
Gottoboy
007Bruce
Mikuz
Obesemf
wink

@ the tread kul... Never heard of them
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
Sandydayz:

wink

that's why I said d media has failed to hype them.. Download AQ -freethinker
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by sinizia: 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Blaqbonez

Nice list. Don't know most of them, but from my own perspective, i'd say:

Boogey& Phenom are unarguably the most underrated rappers in Naija. These two cats are sick with that flow. If Boogey, especially, doesn't blow it's because Naija is filled with rap lovers that don't know zilch about rapping.

Notable mentions are LooseKanyon (he's dópe), AQ and Blaqbones.
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by Airforce1(m): 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
undecided
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
sinizia:

Nice list. Don't know most of them, but from my own perspective, i'd say:

Boogey& Phenom are unarguably the most underrated rappers in Naija. These two cats are sick with that flow. If Boogey, especially, doesn't blow it's because Naija is filled with rap lovers that don't know zilch about rapping.

Notable mentions are LooseKanyon (he's dópe), AQ and Blaqbones.
Paybac is almost on same level with boogey,download is "Other side of the radio" Mixtape.

I sense phenom is currently having issues with his label,like he's under restriction from dropping music..(My thought though)
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
Sandydayz:

wink

You'v nt heard of them,because the media has failed to hype them,and thats what am doing for them now...go listen AQ-Freethinker
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ishilove and lalasticlala can u review the write if worth making FP?
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by uboj(m): 1:42am On Jul 31, 2015
boogey is really deep in his lines man so i totally agree with your decision to make him your no 1 on this list and i've also heard some of lordvino's work and his good too got some crazy punchlines.
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by Joshchi(m): 8:01am On Jul 31, 2015
Eclipse has got all d potential to hit it big. He is on the rise.
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 10:22am On Jul 31, 2015
Joshchi:
Eclipse has got all d potential to hit it big. He is on the rise.
yeah he can go deep n also do commercial

cc ishilove
lalasticlala
sinaj
farano
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by emarketer1: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
Fecko Tha Emcee

Blogs and OAPs have been sleeping on this dude. However, he keeps pushing. Funny enough he gets more recognition from other African countries.

Check out his brand new video for #HustleOverFeelings produced by Teck-Zilla.

Watch here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8eIe_hxt30

Follow @thisisFecko on IG and Twitter
http://soundcloud.com/thisisfecko

Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
Elymaxiimus. Geoxpress supermiy Emaprince Kr0ne Warriblood
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by Supermiy: 12:39am On Aug 01, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Elymaxiimus.
Geoxpress
supermiy
Emaprince
Kr0ne
Warriblood
nice thread tho...i've never heard of that eclispe guy tho..any suggestions?
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 01, 2015
that Godwon dude won a rap battle competition that Eminem hosted
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by olokpa11(m): 3:28am On Aug 01, 2015
danbrowndmf:
like he has issues with is label...
i guess so, cos his fall is so dramatic
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by Zonacom(m): 6:29am On Aug 01, 2015
I only know Aq(the guy who dissed local rappers on a certain track), loosekaynon( the guy's voice is dope) and phenom from your list.
Its not easy breaking into limelight sometimes. They should just keep up their game and bring in something different
Re: Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype by danbrowndmf(m): 9:05am On Aug 01, 2015
Supermiy:
nice thread tho...i've never heard of that eclispe guy tho..any suggestions?
listen to Eclipse- gentleman.........google him,he has some dope tracks...Or listen boogey ft eclipse- ask for it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yemi Alade: "Sugar And Spice" (Video) / Most Outstanding Naija Hiphop Beats Produced (2005 Till Date) / Twerking In Hijab - Muslim Girl Causes Outrage Online (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.