Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke (772 Views)

10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) / Cold Or Warm Water-- Which One Should You Drink? Must Read / This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke by Marcelinho(m): 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
I don't know anyone who thinks Coke is good for you,
but still, this is pretty eye-opening. After reading this,
you will definitely think twice before cracking open
another can. (Especially after similarities with heroin
show up at the 45-minute mark.)

1. In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar
hit your system. (100% of your recommended
daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from
the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric
acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.

2. 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an
insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by
turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat.
(There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)

3. 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete.
Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a
response your livers dumps more sugar into your
bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain
are now blocked preventing drowsiness.

4. 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine
production stimulating the pleasure centers of your
brain. This is physically the same way heroin
works, by the way.

5. >60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium,
magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine,
providing a further boost in metabolism. This is
compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial
sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of
calcium.

6. >60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties
come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is
now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded
calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to
your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and
water.

7. >60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies
down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may
become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now,
literally, pissed away all the water that was in the
Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable
nutrients your body could have used for things
like even having the ability to hydrate your system
or build strong bones and teeth.

This graphic was put together by former U.K.
pharmacist Niraj Naik, also known as the Renegade
Pharmacist .

Re: This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke by INTROVERT(f): 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2015
is it proven empirically
Re: This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke by Marcelinho(m): 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
This is the graphics

Re: This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 30, 2015

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke by fatdon2(m): 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
shocked

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
I just had coke and I don't feel an urge to pee. My pupils are not dilated either. No pleasure centres are stimulated. I really feel like beating you right now, OP. FYI, I hate coke.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke by CEtoO(f): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
I've disciplined myself when it comes to coke intake.
Re: This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke by crisycent: 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
Na wah o!
Re: This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke by Sandydayz(f): 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
Wetin man go do? undecided
This is Naija
Re: This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
No need to bash coke here, the truth is that all sugary drinks act similarly in your system. Avoid everything, drink more water.
Re: This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke by ApcSucks: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2015
Odikwa egwu ooo
Re: This Is What Happens In Your Body One Hour After You Drink A Coke by Yustash001(m): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2015
Why should government allow the production of that kind of commodity?..

(1) (Reply)

What You See In The Toilet Can Give You Valuable Insights Into Your Health / Low Sperm Count Caureses, And Cure / 10 Surprising Fact About Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.